Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb RC Improvements: Notifications/Always visible.

This is really something I'd like to see being accomplished. Having notifications or the RC deskbar icon to flash when there is a new message (with possibility to choose RC and/or NC chat).

It's getting kinda hard for me to follow anything being done or a conversation evolving when I'm doing way too many things at the same time, and the RC Window is simply not visible. Or I'm just starting something new while someone is asking a question, and they then have to wait 'till I check RC again, if I ever remember about it.

Another solution would be an "always visible" RC window option, so we could stick it somewhere and read it anytime.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
This is really something I'd like to see being accomplished. Having notifications or the RC deskbar icon to flash when there is a new message (with possibility to choose RC and/or NC chat).

It's getting kinda hard for me to follow anything being done or a conversation evolving when I'm doing way too many things at the same time, and the RC Window is simply not visible. Or I'm just starting something new while someone is asking a question, and they then have to wait 'till I check RC again, if I ever remember about it.
I support this, pretty hard following a conversation when it dont flash or anything when somone says something.

Quote:
Another solution would be an "always visible" RC window option, so we could stick it somewhere and read it anytime.
I support this too, would save many clicks.

There should be a option too turn of colors on the RC Chat, I find it sometimes disturbing too read when it's such a light green color mixed with the white background.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Get a second monitor (It's awesome), or you know.. pay attention to your RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
There should be a option too turn of colors on the RC Chat, I find it sometimes disturbing too read when it's such a light green color mixed with the white background.
You can change it by modifying control2config.txt, search the forums for more info.

I'd personally want timestamps.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Get a second monitor (It's awesome), or you know.. pay attention to your RC.
I cannot always pay attention to RC, else I'd never get to work.
Also I'm not a wealthy man. I know there might be some cheap monitor for sale somewhere, but if I'd have to buy anything like that, I'd ask for top quality. Also, saving up for private highschool is my top priority (and buying a netbook too, writting sucks nowadays...)
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Use Dexpot, it adds tons of cool options like instanced desktops that you can swap between with hotkeys, and tons of options for windows.

I'll screenshot:

Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Ideas on Fire
Hhmm I'd eventualy try this out :P
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Flashing would get very irritating. I have to agree, get a second monitor or use AIM for discussions.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Ideas on Fire
If it gets irritating, then the "always visible" option would be great and useful to me and certainly a few others.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
If it gets irritating, then the "always visible" option would be great and useful to me and certainly a few others.
There are programs which can make any window "always on top". You might want to look into those as Stefan isn't going to add this to RC.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Ideas on Fire
Yea, looking as such things like Dexpot exists, there might be a tool to always put something on top, and this might be extremely useful for all other things that do not have such option. I'll search this up later, thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
lol Dexpot is just a wannabe of Compiz (or Compiz Fusion, dont know the difference).
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
lol Dexpot is just a wannabe of Compiz (or Compiz Fusion, dont know the difference).
Failing so miserably though.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It should only flash if your name/account is mentioned(as well as the ability to tab, like IRC).

Old 06-26-2010, 09:23 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It should only flash if your name/account is mentioned(as well as the ability to tab, like IRC).

great idea
Old 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Old Account
Zeke_iPhoneGP is on a distinguished road
I have to say, all cool ideas. Sometimes we can run skype in the background for questions and things though. (I really like the always on top idea :P)
Wafflez: thats why we pull out the pizza rolls when xor is back