Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Scripter
baseman101 will become famous soon enough
Bring Back CURL Functions

Hello,

I have recently returned to scripting on Graal, and have attempted to use one of my previous scripts to log RC messages to my webserver. Upon saving the script, I was denied access to POSTing to my server with cbk's HTTP functions class.

Quote:
The CURL connection to http://commentblock.com/code/webrc/post.php is not authorized on this server
I am wondering, what is the significance of blocking such a simple task? I see no harm in doing so. If it was blocked for the main intent of server owners not finding the IP address, that would be a silly reason as you could find it just as easily by visiting the weblevels folder on the Graal Client. Also, a lot of server owners want this capability back.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:10 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I would like getting this functionality back.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:01 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Those aren't the server's real IPs, they're a Black Lotus DDoS Protected IP that masks the server's actual IP.

If the server's can leak their real IP then it makes the whole protected IP pointless.

The only way I can see it being re-enabled is if they have all CURL/web requests sent through a proxy.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Scripter
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Those aren't the server's real IPs, they're a Black Lotus DDoS Protected IP that masks the server's actual IP.

If the server's can leak their real IP then it makes the whole protected IP pointless.

The only way I can see it being re-enabled is if they have all CURL/web requests sent through a proxy.
I suppose that's true, but these kinds of requests are really important for some aspects to the server. They should really have a proxy going both ways if they really want to mask their IP, like you said.

Last edited by baseman101; 05-18-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Oh GOD, they use Black Lotus? We have them at work and they are super spotty. CURL being gone broke a lot of our systems but I understand there are newer best practices, so I'll respect the change.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:38 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
You can get around this... but at the expense of the players (clientside web request sent back to server).
Although you can only make a GET request you can still use PHP (or whatever serverside language of choice) on your webserver to do your cURL functions.

I wouldn't suggest this though for obvious reasons.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Scripter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
You can get around this... but at the expense of the players (clientside web request sent back to server).
Although you can only make a GET request you can still use PHP (or whatever serverside language of choice) on your webserver to do your cURL functions.

I wouldn't suggest this though for obvious reasons.
That would be overkill, and sometimes wouldn't necessarily work. Examples of this is when no one is online, the player's firewall could have blocked the webserver, the connection speed could be slow, or anything else. But it still would be nice to have these capabilities back.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's possible to use curl but it's only enabled case by case.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Scripter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It's possible to use curl but it's only enabled case by case.
Ah, I understand. Thank you!