Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
the painkiller
iBreez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ok what the **** is going on @ graal HQ
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Raspberry is on a distinguished road
servers are back down again
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
stefan keeps tripping on the cords by accident.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 04-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
An update about Facebook/Android:
We are currently heavily working on updating the server and infrastructure to allow more players on the servers and making it easier to create shards, this is for both Facebook and Android. The shards will start as a copy but can eventually be customized by level makers.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We are currently heavily working on updating the server and infrastructure to allow more players on the servers and making it easier to create shards, this is for both Facebook and Android. The shards will start as a copy but can eventually be customized by level makers.
I could be way out of my knowledge about it, but what exactly are shards? Levels?

Because I'd like to make a facebook server, and I was thinking about 4 large gmaps. 250 or 500 levels each, and the four gmaps would be considered 'servers'. One person per plot, however some plots are public.

--The idea should you care to read.--
The idea would be to gather plots of land, working for the in game currency, gems, and eventually build up your estate. After you get so much money, you'd sell your current plot, and move on and buy another plot that has a better money making scheme. Eventually working your way up to the middle plots of land near OSL. More populated and would look better.

As this is only an idea, I've only started on graphics, and stopped trying to get people to join in until I have enough graphics to start working on the actual server.

It would consist of currency getting systems, buying clothing, tools, accessories, and hopefully a trading system to keep people coming to OSL.
It would be 2.5D with an 8 direction movement system "once I create all the ganis" and 3D visuals.

There is more to it.. but I won't state everything until I go ahead and work on the server, which I would then state in a thread.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-22-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can we have an updated ETA?
Old 04-23-2011, 05:04 AM
dennis20014 is on a distinguished road
So does that mean the android version is able to play with iPhone people (or even Facebook?) That's my #1 unanswered question next to the ETA lol
Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I could be way out of my knowledge about it, but what exactly are shards? Levels?

Because I'd like to make a facebook server, and I was thinking about 4 large gmaps. 250 or 500 levels each, and the four gmaps would be considered 'servers'. One person per plot, however some plots are public.

--The idea should you care to read.--
The idea would be to gather plots of land, working for the in game currency, gems, and eventually build up your estate. After you get so much money, you'd sell your current plot, and move on and buy another plot that has a better money making scheme. Eventually working your way up to the middle plots of land near OSL. More populated and would look better.

As this is only an idea, I've only started on graphics, and stopped trying to get people to join in until I have enough graphics to start working on the actual server.

It would consist of currency getting systems, buying clothing, tools, accessories, and hopefully a trading system to keep people coming to OSL.
It would be 2.5D with an 8 direction movement system "once I create all the ganis" and 3D visuals.

There is more to it.. but I won't state everything until I go ahead and work on the server, which I would then state in a thread.

No.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
No.
Okay, thank you for letting me know what Shards are. :]

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Winning
ISonic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ISonic Send a message via MSN to ISonic
So will Stefan be hiring staff for the facebook servers? Or have the same staff from iPhone
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
He will probably hire new staff, im sure somewhere out there there are more people as productive as andrew
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
there are more people as productive as andrew
I don't think productive is the right word, because in spite of Andrew's faults, I don't think productivity is one of them.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Okay, thank you for letting me know what Shards are. :]
Basically it's just another term for server.

If you want to go more in-depth feel free to read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_(..._architecture)

Last edited by fowlplay4; 04-25-2011 at 06:20 AM..
Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I don't think productive is the right word, because in spite of Andrew's faults, I don't think productivity is one of them.
uhmmm okay I should've said as productive as the iEra staff team, they might not be going at there full potential but there releasing content at a rate faster then any other server. If that was set as the base rate for server content on a quality to content ratio of course graal would be a better place haha so perhaps this could be the base development rate for facebook graal.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
is facebook version already out??