Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
Value "cap" on blessed weapons?

I've come to own a lot of short skull swords and flaming swords, and I decided that I'd keep them to bless and sell to NPCs for a sort of income. I ran into a sort of problem, not a clue if it's intentional. As most people might know, blessing weapons increases their plat value. However, the value seems to drop at a certain point, depending on the weapon. I don't really see any reason behind this. If I put time into blessing something, the value shouldn't go down.

For a short skull sword, these are the rough plat values with each blessing level.

+0) 1 plat
+1) 4 plat
+2) 38 plat
+3) 129 plat
+4) 307 plat
+5) 599 plat
+6) 1036 plat
+7) 716 plat
+8) 761 plat
+9) 810 plat
+10) ?
+11) ?

I don't have the ability to bless +7 Aengus yet, but the value will almost certainly drop, as they are all the same for all god blessings. The values +7 to +9 were from when I was a Gov follower. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. I feel like this should be changed somehow.

The same thing kind of goes for flaming swords.

+0) 5 plat
+1) 17 plat
+2) 158 plat
+3) 466 plat
+4) 1105 plat
+5) 746 plat
+6) 820 plat
+7) ?
+8) ?
+9) ?
+10) ?
+11) ?
Old 04-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Pirate Lord
ReapeRoth was kind enough to bless another short skull sword for me since he can bless Gov +11. I knew we would get the same trends, but I felt it would be best to add this since I didn't have the data before.

+0) 1p 2g 9s
+1) 4p 3g 9s
+2) 38p 1g 9s
+3) 129p 2g 9s
+4) 307p 0g 9s
+5) 599p 4g 9s
+6) 1036p 3g 9s
+7) 716p 3g 9s
+8) 761p 2g 9s
+9) 810p 1g 1s
+10) 861p 2g 1s
+11) 915p 0g 9s

I mentioned this original post to *superbusyrobot, but it might not be incredibly easy to track down what determines these values and why they do this. +11 doesn't even make the weapon more valuable than +6. However, he did bless a weapon to Aengus +7 (7 being the value that drops off) that was initially more valuable than a short skull sword, but the value didn't drop at +7. If that's the case, whatever formula determining the values must be pretty interesting. I'll need to do more research about it.

However, *superbusyrobot did bless a weapon for me. I can't remember what the weapon was, but it was initially more valuable than a short skull sword. He could only bless Aengus+7, but the value for +7 wasn't lower than 6. I'm going to need to test out more valuable weapons with either an Ogma or Gov blessing. The formula(s) for determining this must be.. interesting. Unfortunately, he seems to think it might be difficult tracking down what causes this and it might be tricky to fix, but I enjoy gathering this information.

I might just edit this post instead of making enother, but posts must not be allowed to be edited after a certain amount of time since I couldn't change the original one.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Wow, I might have to test this with Ogma next time I log on. I never thought to check the platinum values, and always made the assumption +11 would give me the greatest yield.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:33 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinji_Jinto View Post
it might not be incredibly easy to track down what determines these values and why they do this.

The formula(s) for determining this must be.. interesting. Unfortunately, he seems to think it might be difficult tracking down what causes this and it might be tricky to fix, but I enjoy gathering this information.
Not only is this going to be difficult to find, it would also be completely impossible to change because of it being in the Mudlib.

Talk to Unixmad about the mudlib.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Pirate Lord
What is the mudlib anyway? How do you know it's involved in that? I honestly have no idea, I just know people have mentioned it before and that some pretty essential things are hard coded into it.

Do you think it's possible to get a hold of him?
Old 04-18-2016, 11:49 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
What is the mudlib anyway? How do you know it's involved in that? I honestly have no idea, I just know people have mentioned it before and that some pretty essential things are hard coded into it.

Do you think it's possible to get a hold of him?
Stefan is no longer a part of this company or the game. This has been known for some time. Unixmad said he was looking to hire a new main programmer, but we haven't heard any news on that lately.

The Mudlib is where a lot of the features that are basically GK's back system. Think of a source code for a game (Not the client) and you can change it move stuff around, well that's what the Mudlib is, but it's like a database of information. It came from a game called Cross-Fire and contains all the information for the way Cross-Fire works. There is a code that Unixmad has in order to change the stuff, since he has to open it up and change stuff with the key, and lock it back up. I know this information is in the Mudlib, because Nico had Stefan change the blessing speed, which required him to decrypt the Mudlib and we were unable to change the blessing speed back because Nico and Stefan were gone at that point. We had to fix that issue by increasing the luck on items to lower the blessing speed, since Luck does that exact thing.

We haven't had luck getting Unixmad to give somebody the code or to change. I'm not sure if he is versed in the language it is written in.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Pirate Lord
Okay, I see. So the only viable-looking solution is a complete workaround, just like with Luck. feelsbadman

I ended up losing the numbers, but I had someone (can't remember their name) bless a Carrot Dagger for me to Gov+11, and the value never dropped. It was worth 95 plat to start, so this appears to somehow only happen when the weapon is worth a certain amount.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:32 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
Blessed a Carrot Dagger for me to Gov+11, and the value never dropped. It was worth 95 plat to start, so this appears to somehow only happen when the weapon is worth a certain amount.
Are you sure the item was correctly Identified. This usually happens when the item has no found value, until you '/cast identify'.