Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2015, 12:18 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Suggestions

Just decided to start a new suggestion thread, since old thread is old. Feel free to post your own suggestions.

Here's a couple of small observations of mine, to start;

While visiting shops, I frequently find skill scrolls for "punching" and "melee weapons". While I understand that technically these are skills within the game, I was under the assumption that all characters, regardless of class, begin with these two skills.

Perhaps it's possible that we should eliminate or at the very least, reduce the spawn rate of these particular scrolls?

Other scrolls such as "climbing" or "concealment", are also fairly common, though they are not skills that players already begin with, they are simply skills that do not have a function within the game.

Also, "market tables" appear to be a two part image, with the base of the table itself, and the top "canopy" or "awning" being a separate image. When these market tables are placed inside of a house to be used for player-owned shops, this awning or canopy is displayed. I feel that it's redundant to have a awning over a table placed indoors, and it only serves to block the view of more area inside the building. It seems like this could be easily fixed by simply having the script detect if the placement is on an inside level, and simply not displaying the upper image file if so.

Thanks, and again, feel free to add your own suggestions here.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Melee is actually not known by all players at start. Some classes can start off un able to use swords and have to use bows and wands but not always. Punching I'm not 100% sure on tho.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Make the top of the market table transparent.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
While visiting shops, I frequently find skill scrolls for "punching" and "melee weapons". While I understand that technically these are skills within the game, I was under the assumption that all characters, regardless of class, begin with these two skills.

Perhaps it's possible that we should eliminate or at the very least, reduce the spawn rate of these particular scrolls?

Other scrolls such as "climbing" or "concealment", are also fairly common, though they are not skills that players already begin with, they are simply skills that do not have a function within the game.
All classes start with Punching, but Melee Weapons is not given to all classes at the start. (Wizards, Priests, and Alchemists don't get it. Unsure about other classes.)

Also, 'climbing' (scaling) has a point to it, and I consider it to be almost as valuable as a Scroll of Shopping. Its function is actually to make climbing hills easier. The difference it makes is subtle, but it's there.

However, you're correct about concealment not serving a purpose. It'd be nice if it did.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:02 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Make the top of the market table transparent.
Why make it "transparent" when it could simply be scripted to not be displayed at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
Melee Weapons is not given to all classes at the start.
I didn't know that. That seems kind of strange. Though, if I am not mistaken, technically bows are "melee" weapons. It "readies" melee weapon skill every time you fire an arrow, regardless of which other skill you have readied.

Also, unrelated. This has probably already been suggested, but I'd like to see a new UI, preferably a scripted re-sizeable one. The UI is VERY small on large resolutions, and I think it's about time to update it.

On the topic of UI, I'd also like to see some sort of hotkey bar update. The current system is fairly limited, and doesn't allow for potions or scrolls or food to be assigned to a hotkey.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Bows are Missile Weapons.

Last edited by shrimps; 02-14-2015 at 10:28 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 02:06 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Bows are Missile Weapons.
While I understand that bows are missile weapons, and require the missile weapons skill, notice next time you fire one, that it says "Readied skill: Melee Weapons" when you fire one. Unless it has been changed.

Edit: I just tested this myself. Equiping a bow "readied skill: missile weapons" but firing the bow "readied skill: melee weapons.

I believe the script to check if the arrow hit the player or not calls the "melee weapons" skill when it checks WC/AC for chance to hit.

Been that way for a long time.