Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
What does Windows Defender do exactly? If I try this deletion suggestion, what can I download to replace Defender?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Windows website... defender sucks anyway.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
jetboom is on a distinguished road
Heres an easier fix this. When you get it rename GraalInstall.exe to Graal4.exe and make a /Graal/ folder in C: and put it in their. Then run it, Presto graal.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:48 AM
****ie
Ethereal is on a distinguished road
i've just tried installing the new graal v5 on two new computers with xp 64bit and both of them are coming up with MSVCR80.DLL errors. i've tried deleting my current ones and replacing them but nothing seems to be working, anybody go a fix for this?
edit: i did some research and it said something about not working if windows defender or microsoft office 2007 was installed so i uninstalled office and i was able to start installing, however now its coming up with a black graal window only saying "connecting to the login server".
2nd edit: upon closing graal and reopening its finally working.. was able to connect to zone and kingdoms, how do i connect to the classic servers? i closed graal and reopened but im getting the same "connecting to the login server" which has been happening for the last 10 mins..

Last edited by Ethereal; 07-15-2007 at 01:50 AM..
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Feelin' ***tastic
atomuskus is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling alot of you guys are yousing bricopaks to make your windows look like XP, they are a big thing with tech nerds right now. My solution uninstall everything that modifies your windows client, especially bricopaks.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I really cant get it to work on my computer.
I put the file in both my windows and my graal folder and it kept showing a bug.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post
What does Windows Defender do exactly? If I try this deletion suggestion, what can I download to replace Defender?
Windows Defender is an anti-spy software, helps for not getting spyware installed on your computer, there are several other programs that do the same though.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Is Graal dead yet?
Ryyan is on a distinguished road
i dont like taking chances with defender... i just re-installed defender and graal still isn't working because of the error
last time this happened i had my friend send me their graal folders using AIM and it worked...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It shouldn't be a problem to uninstall or reinstall Windows Defender, it is a spyware/adware removal tool, not anti-virus/firewall.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I herd u liek em
Metroidation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Metroidation
Wow, this has turned out to be quite the pandemic. It's the smallpox of Graal. The AIDS of dll. The cancer of hackers. A real pisser offer.

Okay, I have tried countless solutions none of which have worked including uninstalling Windows Defender (Dont have it) or Office 2007 (Still dont have it) and I even tried installing the correct dll file into the graal folder, creating manifest text files, and disabling almost all windows components requiring that dll file. As smart as I am, I am lost. This problem is a real serious issue. Better start chopping some ass, Graal, or I'm going to start playing WoW and that's final.
I love playing Graal, please help me fix this problem.

Last edited by Metroidation; 09-22-2007 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Questionable participation
Old 09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Use a .manifest file. The one attached solved my DLL problems during Graal v4, I don't know if thats changed recently.

The file tells Graal how to locate DLL files in C:\Windows\WinSxS. So if the file doesn't help you might have to adjust it slightly by looking at the folder names in that directory.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Graal4.exe.manifest.txt (908 Bytes, 1443 views)
Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I herd u liek em
Metroidation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Metroidation
I already tried that and it didn't work. Did you even read my post? I've tried everything including your manifest file and it still wont let me on Graal. I know what the files do and I've even tweaked it to where it should work and it still says the same thing. I really hate being a jerk and I never complain about anything but somebody PLEASE do something about this. I REALLY want to play Graal.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Graal Administration
Well that manifest thing can work but you need to manually edit it, insert the version numbers of the bugged dlls on your computer. I know that it is a painful work, but that is what Microsoft intended. Was there some Windows Defender or Office 2007 previously installed on your machine?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroidation View Post
I already tried that and it didn't work. Did you even read my post? I've tried everything including your manifest file and it still wont let me on Graal. I know what the files do and I've even tweaked it to where it should work and it still says the same thing. I really hate being a jerk and I never complain about anything but somebody PLEASE do something about this. I REALLY want to play Graal.
I don't think you tried editing the manifest file to find the DLL. Anyhow, give me the exact error message.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Graal Administration
Is there anyone having this problem right now? I need testers for a new version
Update: uploaded the new version to the website and the login server, same version number so people for which the game is working fine don't need to redownload. If this new version still makes problems with windows defender or whatever then please post it here.

Last edited by Admins; 09-25-2007 at 01:50 AM..