Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
I use v5 because the v6 client takes like 10 minutes to start up for some reason unless I delete game config. It even sits at 0% cpu usage and like 8-10k memory as well without doing anything and randomly pops up when I already forgot about it. Also the v6 playerlist is awful, and the client itself has a few strange bugs.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can you explain why the v5 player list is better: look, or easier selecting of players, etc. ?
My only qualms with the scripted player list is that the behavior is not consistent. I expect PMs to center when I open them, however half the time they tile.

Additionally, if I begin clicking PMs quickly on the playerlist the action of opening a PM changes to a single-click activity rather than double click. As a result, I often open a NEW PM with someone who has not previously messaged me. This is exacerbated by the sporadic window position.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Anyone else get a weird bug with the v6 playerlist where the location of two people on your list, be they on RC and on client, or just happen to have the same name, randomly alternate positions back and forth?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Anyone else get a weird bug with the v6 playerlist where the location of two people on your list, be they on RC and on client, or just happen to have the same name, randomly alternate positions back and forth?
Yes, It's horrible and annoying when I'm trying to message somebody.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Better bug tracking, because it's a ****ing nightmare trying to point out and keep track of bugs in a single forum thread.
If only there was some project management extension for vBulletin that would let players post, comment, and vote on issues and feature requests.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
If only there was some project management extension for vBulletin that would let players post, comment, and vote on issues and feature requests.
Oh the irony
Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
It's annoying how we're being pretty much forced to use the beta because there's better functionality on all servers with it. It'"beta" should work by now.)

There's just too many random bugs that happen randomly for the beta to be flagged otherwise.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
It's annoying how we're being pretty much forced to use the beta because there's better functionality on all servers with it. It'"beta" should work by now.)

There's just too many random bugs that happen randomly for the beta to be flagged otherwise.
I only use V6 as it is. Period. I refuse to use V5.. lmao
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
This. It's very annoying, the only other problem I've had lately with v6 is when I use client RC and set some ones rights. For some reason it clears their folder rights..
Old 02-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
This. It's very annoying, the only other problem I've had lately with v6 is when I use client RC and set some ones rights. For some reason it clears their folder rights..
Weird, I prefer the external rc anyways.

It would be cool to have Gani Editor, Level Editor, Script Editor and such capabilities using external scripted windows. I know most of them exist too. Just need better way to test scripting
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Come on... can we please start phasing V5 out now?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
While it is annoying to develop for 2 different versions, nothing has changed in the time since this thread was made. There are still plenty of issues which can be fixed or improved, and it can equally be argued as a good thing to not be forcing the client on everyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
You act like this is new, Skyld set your rights and your folders got erased. He also explained to us (with you), that someone touched the client rc and now its ****ed.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Unholy Nation Levels Team
trimaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Have you tried using the external playerlist option instead? It sounds like what you're after is this:

and this:

Which are both already in V6 (Obviously, since I just screen captured it). Unless I'm mistaken in what you're trying to achieve. If I am mistaken, chances are it's probably going to be unclear to Stefan as well. Perhaps you could do a v5-v6 comparison to demonstrate your desired functionality?

The look, on the other hand, is another issue. I know it sucks having to use a theme to get a desired readable text and background.
That GUI isn't in it. At least for me it isn't. I only have Default, Toon, and toon_small.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Not until text controls aren't grabbing input at 20fps.