Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Animated addtiledef2 images & transparency

It would be pretty cool if animated images used with addtiledef2 would keep their transparency. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, but transparency already works properly with non-animated images added to tiles with addtiledef2.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You mean it's not clearing the tile before redrawing it?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You mean it's not clearing the tile before redrawing it?
No. Animated images added to the tileset with addtiledef2 does not retain their transparency.

Was using the Atlantis water reflection image to debug with.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No. Animated images added to the tileset with addtiledef2 does not retain their transparency.
Are you drawing any tiles below the transparent ones? I don't see any evidence that it's not retaining its transparency from that video...

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/
Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolnaftate2004 View Post
Are you drawing any tiles below the transparent ones? I don't see any evidence that it's not retaining its transparency from that video...
I think he wants transparency in addtiledef2 to instead draw over the tiles that already exist, instead of completely overwriting them.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I think he wants transparency in addtiledef2 to instead draw over the tiles that already exist, instead of completely overwriting them.
This.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Why not just use tile layers? I understand it's an inconvenience, but is it really worth stefans time when there are more pressing matters?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Why not just use tile layers? I understand it's an inconvenience, but is it really worth stefans time when there are more pressing matters?
I can't imagine this being very hard to add since the game in general already have support for transparency in animated images.

And as someone who have been using tilelayers on servers since the day they became available, I can with ease say that it's not worth the hassle with the extreme lack of options they give you.

Not to mention that it's plain retarded to ignore good suggestions because of "more pressing matters" - whatever you mean with that.