Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:23 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Maloria - What happened.

I have to ask a serious question,

Why is Maloria not just released as it was? It had 80 players a day! I can understand updates, and a good development team working on it, but I really cant understand, why its not just released as if it was- after fixing the market duping glitch; or whatever ruined mal.

Another question;

What made Maloria die?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:02 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post

What made Maloria die?
What made Graal die?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Maloria is just being developed with a complete new vision of gameplay. There are not just updates, but mainly a whole bunch of new features and such.

The things that are left from "old" Maloria are probably weapons now, since there are new spells, a whole new map and a new tileset aswell.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Engine is on a distinguished road
Maloria isn't even maloria anymore ;[.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Maloria's sole purpose was to fill the void Valikorlia had left. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but according to my memory + old screens it didn't always have high playercount and towards it's end it was pretty low.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
What made Graal die?
Still unsolved...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Maloria's sole purpose was to fill the void Valikorlia had left. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but according to my memory + old screens it didn't always have high playercount and towards it's end it was pretty low.
It was up there with era for quite a bit. The only thing I really liked about maloria is how there wasn't an auto target for pvp so you can't just bash s as you run around in circles and how you can set your stats.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
What made Graal die?
Mostly the new payment thing, who wants to pay for this? and monthly? I dont think so.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Why is Maloria not just released as it was? It had 80 players a day!
The state it was in survived entirely on nation wars, and hardly even that at the end. There'd be no point releasing it as it was, as a lot of things were severely broken and would be even more so now.

Quote:
I can understand updates, and a good development team working on it, but I really cant understand, why its not just released as if it was- after fixing the market duping glitch; or whatever ruined mal.
As always, ignorant players make it sound so extremely easy. I experienced the downfall of Maloria at first seat, and there's only a handful of other people who know exactly what happened. To be honest, Maloria's gameplay was extremely ****ty overall and wouldn't last long at all today.

Quote:
What made Maloria die?
Honestly? Me, ShadowBlaze and Gambet did. Me and ShadowBlaze despised Gambet, so when Mania promoted him to Dev Admin because he couldn't stand his constant *****ing, he started turning the server into his ****ty vision of it (same thing he later on did to Zodiac after failing on Maloria). Me and ShadowBlaze didn't want to fall behind, so we too started releasing lot's of advanced updates in form of systems and items. It became an evil circle that drove the players away (we had ruined the one part that was fun - PvP - and had nothing left to attract players) and Gambet then quit. Me and ShadowBlaze tried a lot of things to revert the harm caused, but ultimately Maniaman made the call to remove the main server in order to finish v3 and come back with a bang... which ended up with a handful of different new managements and even more development restarts. To this date since then, the current team has kept going strongest and with most dedication than any of the previous ones.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
It was up there with era for quite a bit. The only thing I really liked about maloria is how there wasn't an auto target for pvp so you can't just bash s as you run around in circles and how you can set your stats.
Yeah, so was Val, Babylon, and even Delteria. And Era? Lol please, Era was second place for a long time between 2003 and 2007.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
The Don
GoldLust is on a distinguished road
I never wondered whay that happened to maloria O.o
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yeah, so was Val, Babylon, and even Delteria. And Era? Lol please, Era was second place for a long time between 2003 and 2007.
I cannot remember Maloria every getting to 150+ playercount which is why I didn't compare it to UN.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
\
Honestly? Me, ShadowBlaze and Gambet did..
That leaves me with one question, why are you charge of maloria development?

I know for a fact, if we pulled up the final backups, to before the high-speed-katanas that owned everyone, the duping, the ****ty overpowered gear, all of that, fixed nations a bit, added a few quests, we'd have a solid 50 players a day.

From there, you can do weekly updates to make it BETTER, as i stated earlier.

We dont want a new gmap, or any of the terrible updates youve done, we just want Maloria back. Updates would be incredible, but for now, your just wasting time.

I've talked to several people about this, what MAL used to be, is not what mal is now, so please- if your going to continue making terrible decisions on updates, you can atleast do us the favor of not stealing our attention, and putting up our hopes, and rename the server.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:53 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Maloria isn't even maloria anymore ;[.
^ this
They copied Zodiac. And Zodiac copied Maloria before that.
I sense a time-space continuum rift in our future.

In any case, Ziro is right, trying to put the old content back up is not a viable or smart decision, except I'd say it is the fault of many more people than that that Maloria went under.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
I cannot remember Maloria every getting to 150+ playercount which is why I didn't compare it to UN.
Fair enough. :]