Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:34 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Too Much munny

Guys,

As we all can see, era's economy is severly lopsided and requires some balance. The rich have too much money and just keep getting richer, money is losing value. ever since the new shop opened with m4s1 and haven't been restocked, the other guns dropped in price.

to fix this problem..i propose we keep those god tier weapons in stock so people will spend more money and it'll slowly close the gap between rich and poor
Old 03-11-2015, 12:45 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Wow just like in real life!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:18 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Perhaps we could implement Marxism?
Old 03-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
well in real life, people own the businesses and pay the workers but they also tax them..

the food/ammo owners on era dont have that power nor do the richest..theyre still players, not powers.

back to the subject...can someone propose some solutions
Old 03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I propose a reset.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
god tier weapons wont solve this

implement food sustenance and let the rich starve!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
I really don't see an issue with the economy. I mean, you can take millions out if you wish but what does this achieve? The only outcome i see from this is players with less items. Less money, less things to do. Is this really a good thing?

The only problem nowadays is that everybody has top tier guns and raids/sparing has now become a lame fest but that's expected and i don't blame the guys who released new content because era needed it due to lack of development in other areas.

I don't see an issue with players having millions but i have an issue with a lack of things to spend their money on. Auctions where a thing that players enjoyed but it's been taken away from them from name because "auctions are a special event". I fail to see how it's a special event when it's a basic form of buying items irl, why does it have to be special in a game? Players need to buy stuff, why take it away from them?

Do what i said. Rot food, businesses will sell a whole lot more, tax businesses.
Start hosting auctions regularly, players need them and enjoy them.
Decrease gang points. I mean, why on earth are they still $150? +100 per kill $250 per kill is ridiculous.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:25 PM
and restock every weapon not just those in the that arent "god tier"
Old 03-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I'm surprised that you guys don't just do the whole 'restock certain amount of this weapon on tuesdays' or 'only available for purchase on weekends' so these kids stop crying
Old 03-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
god tier weapons wont solve this

implement food sustenance and let the rich starve!
you missed my point.

im trying to propose an idea for a gold sink..zodiac is facing the same problem (people buy exp pots with real money/gelats and sell in game for millions)

so yea..having those 2m weapons always available will, sure mess up pking cuz gun skill superiority, but they cant charge 4m for these guns and leave the poor out the loop.

im not poor but im not super rich either if you were wondering
Old 03-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
I'm surprised that you guys don't just do the whole 'restock certain amount of this weapon on tuesdays' or 'only available for purchase on weekends' so these kids stop crying
Just make them stock the weapons themselves, and make some of the parts very expensive, so essentially they pay twice...
Old 03-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
guns should only last 15 minutes until they turn to dust. each gun takes 10 minutes to make.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:54 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
give them cooler, more expensive things to blow money on.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
peter extensions. they can blow that.

but in all seriousness... people want a good economy with non-degradable items, things that stay in perfect condition forever. You just cant have that, because once someone makes money for a expensive gun then that's that. They buy low sell high, more money fluctuates on the same gun, **** changes, everything because either cheaper or more expensive, people complain, economy is broken, blah blah blah. Now, guns don't have to be degraded to the point of never being able to be used, but they need to be continuously repaired on, the more expensive and higher tier the gun is the more expensive it is to upkeep it. Thus people will work more to continue using what they love. Certain guns can withstand rust and whatnot better then others, usually cheaper ones, so that there is some incentive in focusing more on killing then those high-ballers that want a high-speed expensive gun that are willing to continuously repair them for a high price.

The G36k and guns like that, are very formidable opponents to the higher tier weapons, cheaper, more affordable, and don't promote laming. The more expensive guns on the other-hand, MP5, MS, whatever new guns you all threw out there these days, are more expensive, not just because of the upfront cost, but the cost to upkeep it.

This should, in theory, help balance out the economy seeing as money will actually be constantly going places, rather then chilling in TK's ATM going upwards in the millions, or whoever else are multi-millionaires. And since you get money for killing, that should help cover the costs of making sure your fancy killing machines are up to speed with everyone else.

I should also throw in another suggestion, heard it before in a way. Weapons upgrades. The template i'd propose would be like that of World of Tanks. Say "CLP Treated" would improve the weapon's chances by say, 25%, of not becoming rusted, jamming (that too should be introduced, especially to those weapons with low durability because they are not being taken care of.) Training modules that would allow you to chose either an increase or decrease in accuracy for a high cost depending on weapon. So if you want your MP5 to have 5% more spread you can do that.

Many more ideas out there but I believe I am writing to much right now. All the ideas I came up with are all degradable. So the upgrades and training modules can all degrade and you will have to continue spending your money to keep up with it all.

If you want an Era in the 21st century, you have to make it more complex. Not complex as in, put 500 weapons in the game and tell players to collect them all. This isn't pokemon. You make it easier to make money, but it backfired because now all the weapons are 2x+ more expensive then they were to begin with. MP5 used to be max 800k when you guys ****ed me over (bought it for 1.7mil 3 days prior). Then you guys re-gear the system and i see expensive guns in shop for 1.5mil. Its whatever though, you work for what you want. But then the money keeps stacking and things get worse. Just my ideas though. I probably wont play the game, but this would be a pretty neat little concept to the current old continuously dying system. Cheers.

Last edited by WillaWonka; 03-13-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Old 03-14-2015, 01:55 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Just copy GTA some more. Give the availability of things like helicopters and tanks but make the price ridiculously high, so even the richest players will feel poor if they buy it. Easy, done, problem solved, get to work. Also, there is nothing wrong with players having more money, but it means the value of money is getting low. If longtime players are able to easily get money while new players are able to only get a little at a time, you have to raise the amount of reward for easier jobs. If you don't like it then it is your own fault and responsibility as developers for screwing the economy up, not the players, so stop blaming them. The problem with the imbalanced gameplay cannot be permanently solved using a reset.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 03-14-2015 at 02:12 PM..