Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
one change that would make you feel good

hypothetical scenario: graal will make any one single change that you decide is worth while, and will implement it exactly the way you want. leaving out how long it would take them to actually make this change happen or whether or not it's physically possible to make the change; what would you decide is a worth while change, one that'd make you feel good that you actually play graal?

personally, i would like to see trial accounts be treated the way they used to be handled back in like, 01, where they were actual accounts and could play as long as they liked, but none of their data would save
Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
that wasnt 2001
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
New forum administration. Idling on UN has taught me that Graal is doing nothing wrong, iPhone kids come in by the dozen. I've never had aspirations for the actual game, especially considering I grew up on servers like Delteria and GK that are rock bottom now.

But these forums, they're terrible. Every one of my grievances with Graal are based around the terrible ways these forums are managed.

edit; or global PRs that actually have some input in the directions graal goes in
Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
personally, i would like to see trial accounts be treated the way they used to be handled back in like, 01, where they were actual accounts and could play as long as they liked, but none of their data would save
You probably don't realize that 2/3 of the current PC playerbase are trial accounts.
If you took away their ability to save they would probably just stop playing and play one of the other hundreds of free MMOs. Most of them are people that can't or won't pay for the game, no matter what.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Adding the older trial restrictions is useless without lowering prices.

My number one: lowering prices. Even marketing it different would help ($5/month instead of $60/year).

Regarding trials:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Era Server Stats
Server statistics for Era (era) :
Client access: Desktop Graal
Subscription-Status: Gold or Classic
Version: Graal 5.1-5.2
Players: 61
Classic players: 27
Trial players: 12
Trial players on guest account: 1
Observers: 4
Not really sure what to make of that.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Mercury
Sp_lit will become famous soon enough
Personally, I'd like to see Graal go back to being free to play. I know this is not going to happen, ever. Although, that is probably what I'd appreciate the most!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
that wasnt 2001
when was it then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You probably don't realize that 2/3 of the current PC playerbase are trial accounts.
If you took away their ability to save they would probably just stop playing and play one of the other hundreds of free MMOs. Most of them are people that can't or won't pay for the game, no matter what.
i think they might like the fact that they can actually keep playing instead of having scattered bits and pieces of gameplay.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
One change I'd love to see is the abolition of the observer mode and trial systems all together. Ghost mode wasn't that much better either, and littered with bugs that really didn't give ghosts the ability to actually preview the world... when scripts don't function, what can they really do? Most of the time important links didn't work because they were scripted, and tiledefs never loaded. I don't think I need to explain my hatred of observer mode.

In-game limitations like Zodiac and GK are doing are way better, and I'd love to see this globalized by v6.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp_lit View Post
Personally, I'd like to see Graal go back to being free to play.
Yah, me too.

What about making Graal F2P this summer?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
when was it then?
I believe it was mid 2002 up until v5 was released. At most, 2003 and onwards. 2001 it was still not full p2p, although there were those silly ghost waiting times. :P

i would feel good if v2's interface was implemented to it's full extent while keeping the functionality of v5+ minus the internal playerlist/pm windows

Last edited by Crono; 05-17-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Mercury
Sp_lit will become famous soon enough
I don't know if this would be able to be put into practice, although maybe trials could be able play limitless during the weekends. No observer mode or anything like that, simple enjoy the game on the same terms as a P2P account.

I actually think it could be quite nice, hopefully resulting in a higher playercount. However, pherhaps the P2P accounts should get a benefit as well, so they do not feel excluded. Pherhaps a decrease in the monthly cost of Gelats? (lowering prices, which already has been suggested)

Maybe someone has suggested this before?

However, it just came to my mind that this would probably not have a very big impact on servers like Zodiac..still, it is worth a thought!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Bring back the Classic Subscription
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
Bring back the Classic Subscription
This is probably the best idea in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
hire professionals to develop content
Old 05-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
The graal website. It needs to be totally redone