Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Whomever says hotkeys are a bad idea is suffering from a certain state I like to call being retarded.
It doesn't work good with Zone's style of gameplay.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 AM
luffy620 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zone will probably never be as popular as it once was with Graal Online. Stefan and I are going to try it on the iPhone.
This makes me sad though.

Wish I still had my iTouch, I'd play it. Will players on the iPhone/iPod Touches be able to play on the same servers as computer players?

Quote:
Neat-o bro. I make them. I also do Marketing & Business Analysis irl. Juz sayn, amirite?
Good luck. Its tough.

Also thank you all for your opinions, like I said all of this was just me spitballing what I think causes Zone to fail when it really is a wonderful game.

Quote:
I'd rather wait for Stefan to transfer these "updates" Zone has made. I just want to see what they will do/effect on Zone. After that then maybe Zone could take other suggestions and such into mind.
Is it me or are we always waiting for this

And lastly, I still disagree with all of you. Zone is a game that has more than 5 basic weapons. It is not like a FPS where you switch between your major/minor. It uses a class system. A medic should be able to go from Medkit > Jetpack + Syringe > Apprices all within the span of like 5 seconds, while in the midst of a spar.

I played using hotkeys and it was the some of the best times I had on Zone. Like I said, maybe make healing items + stuff like that unable to be hotkey'ed, but only weapons?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
JTS
RebelArbiter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RebelArbiter
The only thing I have to contribute to this is, perma weapons should not be available for new players as perma weapons.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
"Sneaky"
alexrox222 is on a distinguished road
After reading these posts, it's come to my attention that there are some who care about the money, and some who care about the playercount. As Stephan said, "the Jetpack is probably one of the biggest sellers. Why remove it?" In my opinion, it's things like "fast classes" (Commando, etc.) being allowed to trials, permanent items in the shop like jetpack, that kept alot of the previous players online. I believe alot of people play games for a challenge, and with the way zone is now, the only challenges and rewards are A. Becoming a more skilled player, B. Achieving the rank Legend, or C. Achieving a highscore on the statistics. So perhaps, rather than worrying about the money, we should be worried about the playercount. With 30 players x10 dollars a months is 3600 dollars a year. 10 players x30 dollars a month is 3600 dollars a year. Maybe it's time to consider which is a better plan?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
JTS
RebelArbiter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RebelArbiter
Anyone who thinks hotkeys should be part of zone is trash.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
"Sneaky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelArbiter View Post
Anyone who thinks hotkeys should be part of zone is trash.
I agree hotkeys are bad, espescially when you have someone with a Photon, then when you lower him to 20 hp he flies away :[. I think Pistols should be allowed to be hotkeyed but not the heavier/melee weapons, or the medkits. This is simply because a quick pistol swap is very convienient when switching spar opponents, or when your Plasmasabre just isn't quite working because your opponent is running away and healing . Maybe we can make hotkeys convienient, rather than a way of life?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
i think they had it worked out with the hand system, before hotkeys where you could hold 2 1h weapons or 1 2h weapon, hotkeys make it as if your holdingall the weapons in the hand system, if i explained that right, either way, they messed up with hotkeys.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
"Sneaky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
i think they had it worked out with the hand system, before hotkeys where you could hold 2 1h weapons or 1 2h weapon, hotkeys make it as if your holdingall the weapons in the hand system, if i explained that right, either way, they messed up with hotkeys.
The hand system is still around, it's just useless now . Maybe rather than having two hands you could have like, 3 slots? Maybe like depending on weight? Melee, Pistol, Rifle? A heavy weapon like a chaingun or a sniper could take up two... just spitballin...
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
kadaj15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to kadaj15
Luffy has some very great ideas. But on the other hand supernanny is right. Nothn can just change like that. Maybe a vote can settle this.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:24 AM
yo_momma516 is an unknown quantity at this point
This has been eye opening for me.
I just like to state, Stephen is probably the funniest Zone manager I've seen in awhile.