Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 03:02 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Lame. Please cancel the project.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:42 AM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Yes, with tilelayers you CAN change water color. Just not sure on the sand/grass to water.. because changing the RGBA of the tile would change the whole tile. Possible custom tileset for second layer with textures since anything above layer 0 is non blocking.

I was actually working on a system that used 2 layers for diving. When player dives the water becomes transparent.. the ground would then become black cuz your under water and cannot see it.. and I used 3 layers for this effect.

Woah hold up I missed this post on my first pass... are you telling me Graal is able to work with two tilesets laid over each other? That's...that's in the engine now?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarid0 View Post
Woah hold up I missed this post on my first pass... are you telling me Graal is able to work with two tilesets laid over each other? That's...that's in the engine now?
No, it can't. It can do tilelayers where tiles can be laid over each other but it requires you to use the same tileset.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
What about 24bit png? Can transparency be used for that layering?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
nope...

Old 03-13-2011, 07:12 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
What will the Payment systems be like? Will you pay money to get in game bonuses such as currency(Freemium), or will you pay to unlock content such as dungeons? Will there be subscriptions? I think paying to unlock content is the most profitable and most fair for gameplay, as seen on the iPhone MMO pocket legends. (except the freemium method is used as well)Subscriptions would scare away many players, and in game bonuses ruin gameplay; why farm for 4 hours when you can just buy 5000 gold with $1?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
What will the Payment systems be like? Will you pay money to get in game bonuses such as currency(Freemium), or will you pay to unlock content such as dungeons? Will there be subscriptions? I think paying to unlock content is the most profitable and most fair for gameplay, as seen on the iPhone MMO pocket legends. (except the freemium method is used as well)Subscriptions would scare away many players, and in game bonuses ruin gameplay; why farm for 4 hours when you can just buy 5000 gold with $1?
I think you should pay 2 bucks for the game and be done with it, tbh
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I think you should pay 2 bucks for the game and be done with it, tbh
I honestly would prefer this too, but I know Stefan would never do that.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
I've never been a fan of cash shops. But honestly, I've never been a fan of subscriptions either.

Weee!~
Old 03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Le Poisson Rouge
HomoPanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to HomoPanda Send a message via MSN to HomoPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
I honestly would prefer this too, but I know Stefan would never do that.
its all about money in the real & gaming world
Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Here is the order in which I would prefer Kingdoms be marketed
#1: one time purchase(Doubt Stefan would be willing to do this)
#2 Subscriptions (cheap, 0.99-1.99/Month, I would never pay more than $5 a month)
#3: content(dungeons) purchases
#4:.(least preferred) Cash shops. Cash shops provide an unfair advantage against other players. It doesn't matter on Classic because the gameplay is casual and money does not effect PVP, nor does it matter much on Era as you do not need much money on it to get a good weapon(yet). However on Kingdoms, PVP will probably heavily rely on your level and weapon. If a player could simply spend $40 on in game currency at the beginning on the game, he or she could get a great weapon and have an unfair advantage over someone who only spends $10 or doesn't pay at all. If a player spends $20 on exp boosting potions, that will completely kill the fun at the beginning of the game, when everyone starts out equal. The player might play 2 hours and reach level 15 and a player who spends 4 hours might only reach level 10. I will be very dissapointed if I find out Kingdoms iPhone takes this path.

Off topic, but can you tell us if the combat system will more focus on action or strategy? For example if player a swings his sword, could player b shield it if he times it right? Will spells be casted automatically or will they be aimed?

Last edited by skillmaster19; 03-13-2011 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: two characters made a frown face
Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomoPanda View Post
its all about money in the real & gaming world
Yeah but I think that with effort there can somehow be an arrangement that will both earn the owner money, which they deserve, and give players bang for their buck, which they deserve.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 AM
LordBryson is an unknown quantity at this point
So when are you planning to release this now?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
One time purchase is silly without a trial gameplay, just make the game completely free to play with upgrades (Like exp bonuses, cash multiplier (1.5x money doing jobs or quicker mining/whatever)

could also have skins on your gear for money. Make the skins permanent, price them accordingly.

and perhaps a while after release you could offer larger bonuses, new areas to unlock for $$$ or ingame cash.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Unholy Nation FAQ
james544 is on a distinguished road
I'd really like to see this completed some time soon.

Tags
graal kingdoms, iphone, kingdoms iphone, preview