Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Actually I've been occupied with work lately and real-life issues that have not allowed me to be as efficient. Sure I might be on "daily" but you're wrong about me being on for most of the day. I was on for about half an hour today max. I come home from work at around 5 PM and pretty much don't have time to stay on Graal for the rest of the day. I do take a lot of my work at home in an attempt to have less to do but lately it's been harder for me to keep up.

However I assure you I'm trying my best to manage Era and keep the development server going in my absence. (Although you'll probably just ignore this and deny it anyways)

Hope this explains my lack of activity lately and doesn't just start another hate thread
Then why are you manager? o.O?
You were just as unavailable / inefficient as Co-Manager.
However, our mighty Player World Administration team only selects people that will be utterly useless to Era and absolutely loyal to them.

Alfonso wasn't something unforeseen.
Don't blame the poor fellow.
Look higher.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11

Last edited by Tigairius; 09-10-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Another manager change will just set Era back even further.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
That's because there's no one on Era who's fit for the job.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
That's because there's no one on Era who's fit for the job.
That the PWA's like. Politics is a pile of [insert word choice here].
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 09-10-2011, 01:48 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
lately i'm not so sure.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Honestly Ocelot, in all seriousness.
I know you're more as eager as a beaver.
I'm interested, what would you DO as Manager of Era to change the present situation?
[Please don't make comparisons to past or current management - not much to compare to].
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
Maybe we should make bloodykiller the manager so when he is on 24/7 players can PM him, relentlessly *****ing like himself to get **** done. To be honest Alf, real life is more important than a ****ty ass game, if your making it IRL good job, and good luck with everything your doing, as for Tk, quit your *****ing. Your threads are always useless and displeasing.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Era's problem is that it needs big change, but managers always get burned out or replaced before they can bring it. Small updates like a gang shop or auctions will only delay the server's inevitable death. If the past has taught us anything, replacing Alfonso won't help because the next manager will try to start from scratch.

In my opinion, if Era had a dev-savvy manager (like Chris), it would be best to put Era into a temporary UC state to focus on developing needed changes without distraction. If the server started over fresh with something to offer besides trading, it would attract both new and old players alike. But Era doesn't have a Chris, so don't even try it.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:23 AM
In short, keep Alfonso until the server dies.
Uh, thanks but no thanks.
Era's problem isn't big change, in the sense that functions that require massive development.
Era needs focused change, change that is geared to solve Era's problems, both recognizable and beneath the surface.
The solutions are simple and would take a nothing more than a moderate developer or developer team all but a few weeks to complete it.
However, the impact and effect would be significant.

Era's problem with Era is, our administration doesn't know what Era's problem is.
To be honest, most of them don't even know much about Era in general.
How can they? They still focus on hiring people that are inexperienced but know how to do the most brain-dead jobs... o.O?
Old 09-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
In short, keep Alfonso until the server dies.
Uh, thanks but no thanks.
Era's problem isn't big change, in the sense that functions that require massive development.
Era needs focused change, change that is geared to solve Era's problems, both recognizable and beneath the surface.
The solutions are simple and would take a nothing more than a moderate developer or developer team all but a few weeks to complete it.
However, the impact and effect would be significant.

Era's problem with Era is, our administration doesn't know what Era's problem is.
To be honest, most of them don't even know much about Era in general.
How can they? They still focus on hiring people that are inexperienced but know how to do the most brain-dead jobs... o.O?
Who do you suggest we hire to script? And don't avoid the question, or answer with another question. Tell me who I can hire? I have PMed all scripters on forums, and I have PMed every player on UN/Zodiac/etc, about coming to Era for scripting. Hell I even offered money. So unless you can cough someone up, quit *****ing
Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
hey alfonso, so why don't you just do/delegate something simple and quick like an auction or a couple of new gun/hat releases? or an event(s) for guns or another prize idk it's simply all boring now on era, especially considered that guns were made boring by staff
Old 09-10-2011, 04:21 AM
uhh no
gaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Era's problem is that it needs big change, but managers always get burned out or replaced before they can bring it. Small updates like a gang shop or auctions will only delay the server's inevitable death. If the past has taught us anything, replacing Alfonso won't help because the next manager will try to start from scratch.

In my opinion, if Era had a dev-savvy manager (like Chris), it would be best to put Era into a temporary UC state to focus on developing needed changes without distraction. If the server started over fresh with something to offer besides trading, it would attract both new and old players alike. But Era doesn't have a Chris, so don't even try it.
Chris was manager, and we all know why he was fired...

Anyway, it doesn't matter. All good things come to an end. R.I.P Era!

EDIT: Isn't it unethical anyway to re-elect a manager that was already fired? Then again, Eranians don't really care about ethics LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
You sure are taking your time leaving, furry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
are u old enough 2 even play Graal little girl???
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Who do you suggest we hire to script? And don't avoid the question, or answer with another question. Tell me who I can hire? I have PMed all scripters on forums, and I have PMed every player on UN/Zodiac/etc, about coming to Era for scripting. Hell I even offered money. So unless you can cough someone up, quit *****ing
Oh, that question is easily answered.
Yet, why would I give you that answer? Hm?
To be honest, even if you had scripters.. not much would come of it.
You're focused on fixing whats not broken, a GMAP? A fishing system? lol.
That's the least of Era's problems.
Good luck though.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
fishing rly?? whats wrong with pking related money? if making money by pk was as fast as digging,mining etc there would be more activity since it'd be fun to make money and there are way more ppl pking
Old 09-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Last I checked William was fairly adept at bsing GUIs and throwing together scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
fishing rly?? whats wrong with pking related money? if making money by pk was as fast as digging,mining etc there would be more activity since it'd be fun to make money and there are way more ppl pking
PK money is more than enough to cover Ammo costs and most basic needs (some food, capps/lw pots) what more do you need? You'd make significant amounts if the Gang System was completed and raids became active again since you get like 200% more money for killing gang members (~$20 as apposed to 1-10)