Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Playerworld Starter Pack Release

Hello,

This is a small collection of levels, scripts, and small imagery that I hope can replace the single level that is included with every newly rented server.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped:

Levels
- Vima
- Imperialistic

Scripts
- Ben (even though I did his work due to a miscommunication)
- Switch for providing GS2 versions of scripts

Graphics
- Soala (even though I didn't end up using the lantern)

Anyway here's the files. Enjoy.

Support for the pack will be handled through the GDT, as well as any improvements/update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GDT Starter Pack.zip (65.8 KB, 444 views)
Old 05-13-2010, 08:43 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I don't want to sound negative, but is this the project you guys have been working on over the past several months?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I like how you mention other people but then say they were basically useless, nonetheless, this pack should hopefully get the ball rolling on the alot of new servers
Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I don't want to sound negative, but is this the project you guys have been working on over the past several months?
I'm not part of that group anymore but yes, it took around two months (a lot longer than I expected but **** happens) of volunteer-effort (majority of it was me and Vima though) to complete. It also should of been released at the start of the month, but they never did so I decided to post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I like how you mention other people but then say they were basically useless
Those aren't my intentions just stating what exactly happened.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Looked through it, proceeded to lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Looked through it, proceeded to lol.
Thanks, you're really helpful to the cause!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Since you're no longer with the team does that mean we won't be getting anything new from the GDT?

Also, I was looking at the list of the members and a lot of them don't even seem to log on player anymore
Wan
Hell Raven
Streety (quit)
Imperialistic (quit)
Jerret (quit)
Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
A good start. Would eventually hope to see some more things added to this such as scripted "default" movement, sword work, signs, qmenu, weapons, and baddies. That, for a lot of people, would really start off their playerworld.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Definitely a step in the right direction. Graal needs more things like this (starting content, tutorials, documentation) if it ever wants to succeed as a development platform.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
Since you're no longer with the team does that mean we won't be getting anything new from the GDT?
I'm not the GDT so I can't really answer that question but I hope that maybe someday they will but right now it just seems like the only help is on an individual-level where people may be helping with random things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
A good start. Would eventually hope to see some more things added to this such as scripted "default" movement, sword work, signs, qmenu, weapons, and baddies. That, for a lot of people, would really start off their playerworld.
I was hoping to provide scripted versions of the default weapons but time did not permit and near the end it was just a push to get it done but the concrete has been laid for them to provide add-on packs and so on to provide different functionality.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
How about some screenshots/video so I know what I get before I download?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Two months... wow.

Anyway, least it's something. Good work guys

Wan's doing offline things at this moment in time and Hell Raven works on UN @ Squirt
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It's disappointing how you guys used pure black tiles in the cave openings and door's and such... level makers need to up the contrast/brightness so they can see those errors!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
If anyone is wondering, the time system works as

Every five minutes is one hour, every two hours is one day.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Thanks guys for your participation in this.

I've asked that this thread get stickied and I'll see to it that its also put in the Bible. For those that would like to see more things added there is also this train of thought. Being too free with completed items will make people lazy and they won't learn how to do anything themselves. This was meant to be VERY basic, just to save them a little time and to give them something more than a single level of nothingness to start off with.