Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
<snip>
I'm glad I have you around to put things in better terms than I can

Dylan (LoneAngelIbesu) has made all the points I would have in response to your post, Chris.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Come on guys, the point here is: Help the community.

Nomenclatures would not care as long as a decent work is being done.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Chris, stop being so paranoid. If a member of the team would abuse in the slightest way, he would obviously be removed and that would be the end of that.

And yeah, what Dylan said. Don't think I could've said anything better then he did.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Well, it's fine for everyone to sit back and say how useful the team is, but I don't exactly see any of the GDT scripters helping some of the active questions on the scripting section of the forums (and for that matter there are also active questions in the graphics section of the forums).

How about you guys stop talking and start doing? You've been active for a few weeks now (most of you, since some new people were recently added), but still no visible changes have been made. Use all of that energy you keep wasting trying to defend your usefulness and actually show it!

Last edited by Gambet; 09-13-2009 at 03:42 PM..
Old 09-13-2009, 05:05 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Well, it's fine for everyone to sit back and say how useful the team is, but I don't exactly see any of the GDT scripters helping some of the active questions on the scripting section of the forums (and for that matter there are also active questions in the graphics section of the forums).

How about you guys stop talking and start doing? You've been active for a few weeks now (most of you, since some new people were recently added), but still no visible changes have been made. Use all of that energy you keep wasting trying to defend your usefulness and actually show it!
Let's see. I see your post, which was posted yesterday. I don't see any other active posts that haven't been answered by anybody?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Let's see. I see your post, which was posted yesterday. I don't see any other active posts that haven't been answered by anybody?

This page has gone on for two pages and the guy still needs help because he hasn't received any clear instruction from anyone in the thread:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=87874

Don't assume that questions are being properly answered just because the threads have been posted on already.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
This page has gone on for two pages and the guy still needs help because he hasn't received any clear instruction from anyone in the thread:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=87874

Don't assume that questions are being properly answered just because the threads have been posted on already.
Why did you delete your possible solution?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why did you delete your possible solution?

Well I only posted a solution to his findNPC() problem because I didn't want to have to explain everything that most others failed to explain on the count of not having the time to sit and answer all of his questions as I have in other threads where it has taken dozens of posts to get him through his problems.

As for why I deleted it, well, I figure now that we have a team whose job entitles things like this, I wanted to leave it to some of them so they can get into the habit of actually answering questions on the forums since many of the members don't actually do this on a regular basis.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
That's very helpful, Gambet. I'm so glad you've decided to be a helpful member of the developing community.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:56 PM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That's very helpful, Gambet. I'm so glad you've decided to be a helpful member of the developing community.
I myself have also been a helpful member of the development community by answering questions on the graphics forum! Yes, indeed - it appears that his claims are unfounded.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
The forums don't happen to be the only place they provide assistance. They are also helping in game. There has always been considerable help for those that make their way to the forums but there is a large group of people that don't even have forum accounts yet still need help. The GDT is just another layer of help both off and on the forums.

In response to Chris's paranoia about team members. They do have a code of conduct and a set of responsiblities they are required to uphold. They are also aware that any abuse or corruption will be punished severely. At least in my eyes they are being held to the same standards of trust as the rest of us are. The only difference from my view is they don't have a global rc. This would require they all have gold which they don't. Hence the need for a larger community of developers, some with gold, some without, to best serve all servers.

For several years now, rights have been severely limited, even for globals. As an example, I could do nothing more than read logs on a server for my first year as a PWA. I don't see how that right would benefit any member of the GDT. The GST (including Skyld) had to have their rights set by server managers to even do script inspections. Its no different with the GDT. IF they need rights on a server to do a specific job that the owner/manager asks them to help with. I'm sure that manager will be perfectly willing to add them the rights. IF said GDT does something bad with those rights. They will very soon find themselves without membership in the GDT and with a very long ban. Same as would happen to any of the rest of us Globals.

Tags
global, global development team