Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Good luck to the team, as well as good luck to people applying.

Hope to see this come out well
Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Good luck everyone.

Any estimated time on when we can start expecting responses? Not to push, just wondering.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
i wish no one good luck. you dont need luck when you have skill. hopefully this team is skillful not lucky P:
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Id apply, but I need more work with my levels, mainly scripting before I can apply lol.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
some good better come from this
Old 09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Good luck everyone.

Any estimated time on when we can start expecting responses? Not to push, just wondering.
Since this is done by a guild review process. Vulcan is going to have all applications moved so they can review them over the weekend.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
The reviewing process has now started, and existing GDT members and globals will start to sift through the applications. We'll start making decisions in a couple of days. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Well, this is a good step in the right direction. I hope we can start to see some progress/ more support for the playerworlds.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
I won't apply due to my short time, otherwise I'd really appreciate joining this.

However, if you guys need any scripting advice, I'll be more than glad to help.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The name "Global Development Team" really implies something that it's not; I know some people consider the GDT a team of "globals", but I don't. They don't have the power to carry out the tasks that globals traditionally do, and aren't necessarily held to the same standards (of trust) as globals.

People are wearing the tags on Era, and it could be abused if people think they're staff when they aren't.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriate to rename the guild in some way that isn't implying that they are globals with global powers. "Global", from what I understand, is meant to mean that the GDT works "everywhere", not that they have global powers (like with the former GST, for example).

Thoughts?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
They don't have the power to carry out the tasks that globals traditionally do
They have the power to carry out the tasks that they need to do.
Quote:
and aren't necessarily held to the same standards (of trust) as globals.
Elaborate.

Quote:
People are wearing the tags on Era, and it could be abused if people think they're staff when they aren't.
They are what their tag says they are, a member of the Global Development Team. The guild is not required to be on the staff list.
Quote:
I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriate to rename the guild in some way that isn't implying that they are globals with global powers. "Global", from what I understand, is meant to mean that the GDT works "everywhere", not that they have global powers (like with the former GST, for example).

Thoughts?
Global means for Graal as a whole and not any single server. Why should it matter if they have global RC or not?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
"Could"? Has it been abused?

Why would you trust global staff with Global-RC, and not a global community of developers, who have been certified by global staff, but just don't have Global-RC? Hm.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 AM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The name "Global Development Team" really implies something that it's not; I know some people consider the GDT a team of "globals", but I don't. They don't have the power to carry out the tasks that globals traditionally do, and aren't necessarily held to the same standards (of trust) as globals.
You need to elaborate on your definition of "global" - your assertion that "global development team" is not "global" is confusing
Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
They have the power to carry out the tasks that they need to do.
But not global power, which is what I said. They are not "globals" if we take being a "global" to be having global RC. The definition is debatable, but that's not the point. They don't have powers that normal globals (PWA, etc) have, while the tag implies that they do.

Quote:
Elaborate.
Is there anything to elaborate on? They don't necessarily need to be trusted as much since they aren't given any actual rights.

Quote:
They are what their tag says they are, a member of the Global Development Team. The guild is not required to be on the staff list.
Global means for Graal as a whole and not any single server. Why should it matter if they have global RC or not?
The tag is misleading; they are not globals, do not have global powers, and should not necessarily be trusted as globals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
"Could"? Has it been abused?
Why wait for something to happen and do nothing to prevent it?

Quote:
Why would you trust global staff with Global-RC, and not a global community of developers, who have been certified by global staff, but just don't have Global-RC? Hm.
Because they aren't held to the same standards as globals. If they don't have to be trusted with a global RC, then they don't necessarilyhave to be as trustworthy.

My intentions are only to prevent an abuse of the tag, not to diminish the purpose or power of the GDT. There are likely different names that wouldn't imply that they are "globals", but still work just as well. I'm not trying to attack anyone by saying they can't be trusted, but instead trying to avoid any potential problems in the future.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:20 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Is there anything to elaborate on? They don't necessarily need to be trusted as much since they aren't given any actual rights.
Quote:
The tag is misleading; they are not globals, do not have global powers, and should not necessarily be trusted as globals.
Quote:
Because they aren't held to the same standards as globals. If they don't have to be trusted with a global RC, then they don't necessarilyhave to be as trustworthy.
I disagree with this notion. We are expected to be trustworthy enough to be given RC on an as-needed basis, without so much as a second thought that your NPCs might get stolen, deleted, etc. We do not have Global RC because we do not need it; if a problem requires RC, the server manager can decide to extend it. We are expected to be knowledgeable enough to explain to others how to do things, rather than having to log on RC and do them ourselves.

Quote:
My intentions are only to prevent an abuse of the tag, not to diminish the purpose or power of the GDT. There are likely different names that wouldn't imply that they are "globals", but still work just as well. I'm not trying to attack anyone by saying they can't be trusted, but instead trying to avoid any potential problems in the future.
The name should imply that we are globals, because for all intents and purposes we are globals. Also, you may think you're not diminishing the GDT, but you aren't exactly helping it. You're making look okay to assume that GDTs aren't anything special; don't treat them with any more trust you would anybody else asking for RC to help you. Hopefully, we're counter-acting that.

Anyways, if a GDT member abuses their tag, then report them. The point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't automatically assume that we are held to lower trustworthiness standards than Tig, Bell, Skyld, etc. The GDT isn't an open group; we are vetted. You shouldn't automatically assume that somebody is going to waltz on Era with a GDT tag and do whatever it is that's possible to abuse it. It really shouldn't cross your mind, in my opinion. Either way, the tag is just a regular global guild tag: if you don't want it to appear in the staff section, don't put it in the serverops.

Tags
global, global development team