Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Graphics Artist
LightDamage will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How do you acquire the rare seeds? Is it only possible for "high tier" players to find them? I'm not sure I follow. I support the idea of a labour based economy but I'm not sure this is the right first step.

Regardless of the path chosen, it's important to remember that 17,500 plat will earn you 1 NC - which is a pretty big reward. I don't want individuals generating 50NC or even 10NC a day; after a week our entire gelat market would be unstable.

For comparison, ask yourself how many general labourers you know driving pimped out caddies?
Well you can acquire them by digging, anyone can but you require a specific level to plant them. Afther cutting the tree, you'll get a log which can be sold to the store/lumberstore for 100.000 p. Afther putting these logs in the the lumbermachine you'll get 5 Boards of that kind tree. Each board will worth 20.000p then and can be used for crafting wood related items.

For example ill take a mining theme. we've got a copper rock, silver rock, gold rock, mithril rock, jade rock, ruby rock and a diamond.
You get 1 silver each 100 copper, you get 1 gold each 150 gold, you get 1 mithril each 300 gold, you get 1 jade each 500 mithril, you get 1 ruby each 1000 jade, you get 1 diamond each 2000 ruby.

I am pretty sure you guys know better how the droprates/spawnrates do work

Tier 1: Copper - 10p
Tier 7: Diamond - 100.000p
----
I am just saying, we like to play GK but i just want to make money instead of idling in the trade room most of the time.

If it's possible these Proffesions could even become skills apart; Mining, Farming, etc to be leveled apart.

Quote:
I think what's really being suggested here is a simple way to earn money.

You cut trees. The more you cut trees the bigger the reward (within reason).
This is false, you dig for tree seeds and be lucky to dig up the right tree seeds to earn money. This is a way for newer players. You don't need a high level to make a quite nice amount of plats. Same thing for Fishing.

Mining is alil diffrent you'll need a required level to mine these mining rocks.

But a part of what you said is right aswell; the more you work the more money you'll earn

Farming could even grant PvP/PvE buffs, the higher your farming level is the more chance on getting good buffs on your food.
For example:
Corn of the Bear: +10 hp, +10 damage
Corn of Guarding: +10 ac, +20 armour
Corn of Light Weight: +2 Speed
Corn of Regenation: Regenates +0.5% each second of Mana, Heatlh and Grace
these are just examples.

Last edited by LightDamage; 01-31-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
I actually really like this idea, but instead choose certain skills to set professions in. I like the idea of needing to be a higher level to "get" certain items, but I don't think you should make everything like that. Mining would be a good one, but tree growing, not so much. I think there should be a rare type of seed that you can dig up, but I don't think there should be levels as to who gets them and who can cut them down.

Hear me out. With the player count lately, it would force players to actually start doing something and gaining levels because, for one, it will be a new addition and when (If) FaceBook Graal Kingdoms comes out, it will start a new 'business' type of player.

I really hate talking about other servers when trying to come up with ideas, but some of these servers really do have a good idea. Think Ol' West. The higher your mining level, the less you need to hit a rock to get the goods. I think there needs to be an incentive to mine other than iron, coal or diamonds.

This is totally off topic, and probably not possible with the current server source code, but what if the mining levels gave you better materials to make items with, and with that would make stronger weapons. This would make people mine to gain levels, and the minerals would sell for a high price, since it's possible only 2 or 3 players would have access to those minerals.

Again, this is just throwing ideas out there. Sometimes, people need ideas to spark something important, and brainstorming is the best way to do this.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
(If) FaceBook Graal Kingdoms comes out, it will start a new 'business' type of player.
The required development for GK is completed. We're literally waiting for Stefan to "flip the switch".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
Hear me out. With the player count lately
Quote:
Let me be the first to say this very clearly - the revisions to the beginner tutorial should have been a clear message - I am not focusing on older players at this time. Over the last few months we have created a number of avenues for our older players. Now I am focused on new players.