Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Not sure as to how I never noticed this thread before, but while I have some negative/positive feedback that I would like to input into this thread. I will do it tomorrow after I wake up as it may be a quite extensive statement. But for the most part I can see myself being interested in helping out on this team assuming some unsaid standards will be met.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Imperialistic and Inverness are both right in their descriptions of some of the duties of the GDT. The reason the details have NOT been ironed out is that I feel very strongly that the team itself should be involved in that process. However, I don't feel it need to be done as publicly as this and am waiting on a private forum for that discussion. My personal opinion is this, if we provide options of interest for all parties involved (within reason of course) then there is a greater chance of success.

With flexibility it will remain fun and interesting. When you start narrowing down options, people grow tired of the tedious nature of it, get bored and quit. With enough involvement there will be room for both group and individual projects while still having the opportunity to help out individual servers with specific problems they are having at that time.

Its been my experience that many new people have gained a lot of experience by having the individual attention from someone with greater knowledge. Much like a tutor would be and there are several people out there willing to do that as long as they aren't stuck in it for eternity.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:08 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't care, Graal is a game and has taken a fall ever since CJ began thinking it's a development platform when it's not. The sooner you people understand this the sooner we can improve our game, or just let it rot, your choice.
this

if the GDT doesn't somehow address this problem then it's useless; just a subdivision of the PWA to answer questions about development, not a real team with it's own focus and intention, so much so that they decide for themselves what their focus and intentions are
Old 08-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Imperialistic is super moderator on an anti-graal forum and was globally banned for deleting all of Classic's content, I can see why he was accepted.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Imperialistic is super moderator on an anti-graal forum and was globally banned for deleting all of Classic's content, I can see why he was accepted.
He's not part of the GDT team. I think you misread what Bell wrote. She was agreeing with him on a comment he made, but that doesn't mean he was added.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
He's not part of the GDT team. I think you misread what Bell wrote. She was agreeing with him on a comment he made, but that doesn't mean he was added.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=157
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Those are only the people interested though. The people who are already in the GDT are here

http://www.graalonline.com/guilds/vi...0&view=members
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Those are only the people interested though. The people who are already in the GDT are here

Oh okay, I was a few hours early on my post.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:

and me ( awaiting to get accepted ).
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 08-27-2009, 08:18 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:

For those that might be interested I've put the updated list of the Global Development Team members under the Graal staff section of the Graal Bible.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Crea...velopment_Team
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I love how you take rumors and make them assumptions Rufus. I appreciate your intiative of caring about me so much to be so worried about what I do.

You can believe whatever you would like to Rufus, I have no worries. You're not the one that is recruiting for the GDT team, no?

As of the deleting all of the Classic's content part, I can already understand that you have no clue what you're talking about, because #1 Only a few levels/graphics and etc was deleted. #2 All of it was explained to the PWA.

Stop trying to act like you have a autobiography on every single one of us.
You make yourself look like a fool.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
For those that might be interested I've put the updated list of the Global Development Team members under the Graal staff section of the Graal Bible.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Crea...velopment_Team
neat.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I love how you take rumors and make them assumptions Rufus. I appreciate your intiative of caring about me so much to be so worried about what I do.

You can believe whatever you would like to Rufus, I have no worries. You're not the one that is recruiting for the GDT team, no?

As of the deleting all of the Classic's content part, I can already understand that you have no clue what you're talking about, because #1 Only a few levels/graphics and etc was deleted. #2 All of it was explained to the PWA.

In light of this I think an application from you should not be approved until the GDT core group is established and we're able to discuss your application, history, and what exactly the PWA know. I hope that's not asking too much, Bell.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
By this you should mean mean, take things that I've seen myself at face value and present them in a very applicable situation. What I said did not consist of rumors, they're things I've actually seen myself.

Quote:
As of the deleting all of the Classic's content part, I can already understand that you have no clue what you're talking about, because #1 Only a few levels/graphics and etc was deleted.
Oh my bad, that's totally different! Wait, so you're saying that you deleted every piece of content that you had access to, and that greatly differentiates from my point how?

Quote:
To be quite fair I don't act as though I have an autobiography of anyone because for one that would require you to actually write it, and two I wouldn't even read one of someone as generic as you, it really wouldn't interest me. It's the same old story; kid has very little talent, abuses and deletes all of the content on a server, gets in with what he thinks is the 'in' crowd, leaks their stuff out when it suits them, and isn't trusted by anyone. You're not suited at all for something like this, especially if they're trying to keep a level of decency in their members, a trait that has apparently missed you.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Imperialistic and Rufus,

Both of your points have been taken note of and will be considered during the application process. I would appreciate it if we don't derail the thread too much.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Tags
global, global development team