Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 12:16 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Lord Revision

Let's start out with this.

It's commonly known that on GK you never see lords wandering the map anymore, a lot of players don't even know what a Lord is. The Lord system needs serious revisions.

I can't post a suggestion thread and not have any fixes for the said problem, I say, since when you kill a lord they come back anyway- make it so there can be more of one kind of lord on the map at any given time. Don't allow them to go into dungeons, only haunted houses. They spawn deeeeep in the dungeons which makes it so they eventually get lost, I don't know how long the four lords have been relaxing in the spot I found them at.

Another simple fix is to revert the system to before the update. The update adding an AWESOME spell to Glok Lord, and allowing them to travel more is an INCREDIBLE idea. Very good thinking. If the goal was to make Lords harder to find, and less available to new players, it may have worked.

Does anyone have any ideas of revisions that can be done to lords?

Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I agree that the system is kinda flawed at the moment. Lords used to be a great way for lowish level players to gain a few easy levels but now they are almost impossible to find unless you know where to look and new players simply don't.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree that the lord updates are a problem. Now, rather than killing lords, the only way for new players to level (after level 15 or so) is to party with higher-level players while they kill zombies. This excludes brutals, but since brutals now cost way more than they used to, it doesn't really matter for new players who can't afford them anyway.

I don't have a problem with lords moving around, but it needs to be easy enough for them to be found that it is possible for new players to kill them. It seems like most of the updates recently, even the ones that were supposed to help (such as decreasing the spawn rate of EAs and IWDs), are inadvertently hurting new players and discouraging them from playing GK.

If a consensus on the best way to fix lords can be reached and Tig gives me the rights on debug, I'd be happy to do the scripting work necessary.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
I remember training basically everything via lords back in the day. Think of the times before Zombies, some days it was hard to compete with the other players to get to the spawns first. Speed meant something for training back then.

I'll look into the best ways to fix Lords, discuss with players ingame, and maybe even hold a forum-poll for the best options.

Anyone have ideas?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Agreed. The only people that might be upset about a randomized "Lord Roam" would be GK hunters--considering the fact that they most likely have all of the Lord spots memorized.

I have an idea as well, some may like it, others may not-- but I think it'd be a blast, and it could apply to players from 1-110. Monster Colosseum? Hear me out.

-You could choose to "enter" as a 1 vs. all monsters. Or team battle. (Difficulty increases the larger the team)

-4 different "divisions" could be in place. Easy (lvl 1-25) Medium (26-50) Hard (51-75) Extreme (76+) You must be level 26 in order to "unlock" and participate in the medium division. (This could give subscribers a reason to continue buying gold, so they can compete in higher arena battles)

-As the individual/team advances in "colosseum rounds", the amount of monsters increases, and eventually a harder monster approaches. In which then the amount of THOSE monsters would increase. etc etc. Until the team/party fails.

What's the incentive? Colosseum tokens.

-Before each round the individual/team can decide/vote if they want to continue or "walk away" with the current amount of tokens. If you lose, all accumulated tokens from that "attempt" will be lost.

-The easy tokens can be cashed in for smaller prizes, while the extreme for higher tier prizes at the token shop.

-A 1 vs 1 pvp "Colosseum match" could be initiated to gamble tokens.

Whether or not these monsters would give exp idk, but I just thought this would be a sick little project.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 AM
ω
majorly meh, lets not start adding stuff that we don't need, lets fix/upgrade stuff

Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
I hate to add something slightly off topic. But I'd like to see the quests related to the lords revised a bit. Both the Mayor's have wanted earrings for the past three weeks. And I have no one to trade my Rabbit's Charm to.

I'm not even sure anyone has any earrings, lol.

Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Agreed. The only people that might be upset about a randomized "Lord Roam" would be GK hunters--considering the fact that they most likely have all of the Lord spots memorized.

I have an idea as well, some may like it, others may not-- but I think it'd be a blast, and it could apply to players from 1-110. Monster Colosseum? Hear me out.

-You could choose to "enter" as a 1 vs. all monsters. Or team battle. (Difficulty increases the larger the team)

-4 different "divisions" could be in place. Easy (lvl 1-25) Medium (26-50) Hard (51-75) Extreme (76+) You must be level 26 in order to "unlock" and participate in the medium division. (This could give subscribers a reason to continue buying gold, so they can compete in higher arena battles)

-As the individual/team advances in "colosseum rounds", the amount of monsters increases, and eventually a harder monster approaches. In which then the amount of THOSE monsters would increase. etc etc. Until the team/party fails.

What's the incentive? Colosseum tokens.

-Before each round the individual/team can decide/vote if they want to continue or "walk away" with the current amount of tokens. If you lose, all accumulated tokens from that "attempt" will be lost.

-The easy tokens can be cashed in for smaller prizes, while the extreme for higher tier prizes at the token shop.

-A 1 vs 1 pvp "Colosseum match" could be initiated to gamble tokens.

Whether or not these monsters would give exp idk, but I just thought this would be a sick little project.
Sounds like Monster Hunter.

Weee!~
Old 04-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
majorly meh, lets not start adding stuff that we don't need, lets fix/upgrade stuff
No, Conq's always right.

But seriously, "fixing" the lord situation doesn't change much. The only person crazy enough to lord hunt till lvl 40 is me. The majority of the population won't go for that.

But how do you know Conq?
Well, very few people Lord hunted-- even when the Lords were idle on main.

My idea is far from "majorly meh". People tend to lean towards servers where they have a chance at rightfully establishing themselves. Servers like Era and Zodiac work in two different ways, with the same outcome. Zodiac works because of the multiple weapon drops and Era works because they have gun shops; both servers provide a way where a player can decide his/her own success. Kingdoms has 1 extremely outdated EC shop, with items that no one necessarily wants anymore-- flaming/skull sword being the main/only weapon drops of the server. Nice.

TLDR Version: I'm not saying my idea is the "saving grace" of Kingdoms. But rather, there needs to be a way where people can gain items without relying on the criminal prices of other players. I feel that a Monster Colosseum could at least be an IDEA to meet such a need, there are others I'm sure.

But something as minimal as changing some lord patterns around is not going to be a revolutionary movement. Don't waste your time.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they could leave traces so you can track them xD Like the glok lord can leave slime, the mushroom spores or w/e and stuff like that.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Da conq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Maybe they could leave traces so you can track them xD Like the glok lord can leave slime, the mushroom spores or w/e and stuff like that.
They used to leave traces behind with a trail of smaller monsters of the same Lord species.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
They used to leave traces behind with a trail of smaller monsters of the same Lord species.
That sounds lame, they could spawn smaller monsters while you're fighting it or doing some sort of special attack so they feel more boss like

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
We already had a "lord revision". You're looking at the results right now.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
They still do drop monsters though. I notice it every time I fight a lord and it drops 100 damn rabbits, or mushrooms, etc.

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Also to mention that the lords being so hard to find is decreasing the amount of gold keys that is coming into circulation because most new players can't do the quests any more considering you need a rabbit lord teeth and bomy horns to get started. I get asked a lot of questions about how to obtain gold keys and It's frustrating that I have to take the wind out of their sails by saying that it's near impossible to find the lord pieces these days.

I actually feel embarrassed about how un-noob friend this game is a lot of the time when answering questions about leveling, improving stats using gold keys and prepping weapons because such goals are very difficult or expensive for newbies to do.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Da conq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I actually feel embarrassed about how un-noob friend this game is a lot of the time when answering questions about leveling, improving stats using gold keys and prepping weapons because such goals are very difficult or expensive for newbies to do.
True enough! How do you confidently say anything hopeful to a new player on this server?

-Golden key quests are too hard for you.

-Oh, you can't level at t-rex effectively until you get someone to bless your sword govannon +7, or get yourself a large amount of EA scrolls. Yeah they're 250+ dias each, gl with that one.

-Yeah man here's some free equipment *hands flaming sword over*. Noob- "Cool where do I farm for higher level gear?" GK Player- "Oh you don't, that's it."

-Oh you can't learn skills till you find a literacy scroll, or switch to a mage. *switches to mage* Oh, you can't equip a sword until you have a melee weapon scroll.

The list only goes on and on unfortunately.