Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Promises that never were going to happen!

So almost a year still no Era Facebook or graal Andriod

Stefan and Unixmad have came out with this big news how Graal going to change and gave dates which was not MET!

kind of like the flying system they announce to release but never happen on finish V6 and release it instead of debug system...

i honestly don't think Graal should even charge when they cant even update teh dev tools or software to even keep it going like it should anymore i just want to know when is all this going to be release

flying system -2 years back
V6 at least a year
Facebook almost a year or more
Android graal almost a year or more
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
did they ever promise any release dates?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
graal Andriod
Android graal almost a year or more
The Android version was delayed by some unseen setbacks but has been making progress.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
So almost a year still no Era Facebook
In fairness, they didn't feel it was worth keeping the other Facebook server around any more (wonder why). So it's probable that those plans simply changed.

The big problem that occurs to me is that there are so many different things being worked on simultaneously, they simply cannot all be completed within a reasonable time, and this contributes to the neglect of non priority Graal projects.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i understand about Android crap happens but the flying Tech. ?
yes they did sales check it

this is the facebook things and v6
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134262480

and flying tech he said will be releasing in a few weeks
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ing+technology

i still think they should re release graal 3d engine
maybe wont be use as much but for some that want to use it go for it or camera rotation where we can make a RTS game or a isometric game if we want too instead of top down view games

Last edited by Rave_J; 05-30-2012 at 03:07 AM..
Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The flying tech is useless, and to make it a gold only feature was a terrible joke.

I do wish Stefan would release an update of the V6 Beta already though, there's still some issues with it that need to be fixed.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Graal Developer
i have problems with v6 where doesn't dispaly the letters on the buttons or when u type to go to UC server u cant c wtf u are typing
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
graal release dates....

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 05-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
In fairness, they didn't feel it was worth keeping the other Facebook server around any more (wonder why).
The content on that server was poor, by anybodies standards! Callimuc outlined just a few of the "errors" development staff made in a thread on the Graalians forums. The images he posted are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug1.png
Views:	189
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	54768   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug2.png
Views:	202
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	54769   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug3.png
Views:	174
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	54770   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug10.png
Views:	171
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	54771   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug12.png
Views:	184
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	54772  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bug14.png
Views:	175
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	54773   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug16.png
Views:	189
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	54774   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug18.png
Views:	172
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	54775   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug19.png
Views:	177
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	54776  
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
The content on that server was poor, by anybodies standards! Callimuc outlined just a few of the "errors" development staff made in a thread on the Graalians forums. The images he posted are attached.
I imagined it was hoped Facebook would provide a new source of players, that advertisement would handle itself in the form of players being noticed playing Graal by their friends. When in truth a lot of players created an alternate Facebook account specifically for Graal, and it only really succeeded as an alternate gateway to the iPhone server.

That doesn't mean to say those screenshots bar the first and Chris Killem's aren't sickening to someone from Classic, but I doubt they would have had much bearing on the main problem at hand. If Graal were to somehow get a server on Facebook where most players were quite happy to display it to their friends (whether this is possible I don't know, from my experiences Graal is always referred to at first glance as a 'crappy 2d game'), there's still a possibility for growth.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I imagine the Facebook server was an attempt to cash in on that Farmville playerbase
Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
If Graal were to somehow get a server on Facebook where most players were quite happy to display it to their friends
That's a huge problem (if they're going to rely on it in the future) and you really don't need to look far to see why. Almost 12 years and I've only shown two people Graal.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
That's a huge problem (if they're going to rely on it in the future) and you really don't need to look far to see why. Almost 12 years and I've only shown two people Graal.
Graal wouldn't be such an embarrassment if it wasn't for the fact that not only it looks bad to most, but it plays even worse then it looks. (Looking at 60% of development)

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Graal wouldn't be such an embarrassment if it wasn't for the fact that not only it looks bad to most, but it plays even worse then it looks. (Looking at 60% of development)
It's not that really. I mean yeah some servers look embarassing but the fact that it's p2p is an insult to people who see it for the first time. They look at it and go "eh, it's nothing special wtf is this" and then find out that it's actually p2p aswell. If I found Graal post v2 I think I would have honestly laughed at the notion of paying for it and turned away.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
It's not that really. I mean yeah some servers look embarassing but the fact that it's p2p is an insult to people who see it for the first time. They look at it and go "eh, it's nothing special wtf is this" and then find out that it's actually p2p aswell. If I found Graal post v2 I think I would have honestly laughed at the notion of paying for it and turned away.
Yeah, the game is a joke when p2p is acknowledged.

But I'm not just talking about server's appearance, I'm more focused on server's actual gameplay. There's only... 3 servers that have any legitimate gameplay anymore, which in itself is an embarrassment.

Agreed, I would've rejected Graal If I hadn't found it in Graal v2. I still remember playing in those days.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.