Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
There's still two very big flaws with V6, that I feel need to be dealt with before an open beta:

- Timeouts/Schedule Events that loop every 0.05 slowing down to 0.01~ over time
- The 2pt (estimating) increase in font size, if this isn't changed to match the Windows V5 client, then quite a few GUIs will need to be redone to look proper.
Also fixing what crashes the client in the Classic bomb gani.

I have narrowed it down to it being a setcharani which is an ani & ani script, and the ani script uses a showimg in it.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The font size will not be decreased.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The font size will not be decreased.
>: (

Why?

edit: to add a little substance... I've done a few calculations using the default font size as a basis to convert sizes between the two methods: zoom(which is a multiplier) and fontsize. I fear changing the default size would mess this up, and potentially mess up a few scripts for others who do the same thing.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope we don't have to do things like..

PHP Code:
if (graalversion >= 6) {

zoom 0.5;
} else {

zoom 0.7;

That would be annoying..
Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I really hope we don't have to do things like..

PHP Code:
if (graalversion >= 6) {

zoom 0.5;
} else {

zoom 0.7;

That would be annoying..
I don't think there'd be a fear of that in the future. When V6 is released, I'm sure V5 will be subjected to the same treatment previous versions received where if you try to log in using it you will be faced with the "Please update your version of the Graal Client" error. The only reason you'd need to include such a script would be at a time where they're both usable, such as this beta testing. But it's beta testing and the font topic has been discussed off and on already.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If there change over is abrupt, I'm fine with it and will update scripts accordingly but it just seems silly to me that there's still the compatibility features for GS1 but the one thing that will graphically affect nearly every server that's used a zoomed font or default font size in a profile to a varying extent doesn't get the same treatment.

It currently feels like someone took your report that you wrote in a size 12 font, then made it all bold but this isn't nearly as easy to fix.

Attached some images of how it's currently affecting Zodiac from a quick glance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1271826003.png
Views:	428
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	50941   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1271825949.png
Views:	438
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	50942  
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's not like it's new, the fonts have already been different on Mac, Linux and Windows-opengl mode for years. GUI should be made compatible with different font sizes so that you can also easily switch between different font types. Imagine there would be an option to change the default GUI font?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
no1 addressed the problem i showed?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I guess your pitch wasn't good enough.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
SKJF91 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
If he addressed the problem you showed, then whats the point of a Graal v7?!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
It becomes most obvious when you're moving with a frame of a gani.
This might be a problem with the gani download somehow (stuck on first frame when downloaded and used for the first time), does it again happen when you relogin to the server?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This might be a problem with the gani download somehow (stuck on first frame when downloaded and used for the first time), does it again happen when you relogin to the server?
Yes. It also happens on every server and only on v6. I'm running v6 from my old Graal folder so there is nothing to download.

In general all ganis are wobbly but it only seems to happen when you move (visually it's most obvious when you move and are only on a single frame of a gani like sit). For example the sit frame is only 1 frame. If you go into the Unholy Nation spar and move left and right on the row of chairs, the same effect will happen.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
So how's progress? Is there a ETA on release yet?
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Recorded another example. I left out the v5 version because I think we all get the pattern.

This is how it looks like when you swim on v6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNYtgeh4Y3I

Make sure you select 720p as the video quality and fullscreen it. . Note that it was recorded at 20fps, no dips in framerate.

edit- i should really stop tagging v6 because i keep getting car links afterwards.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Recorded another example. I left out the v5 version because I think we all get the pattern.

This is how it looks like when you swim on v6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNYtgeh4Y3I

Make sure you select 720p as the video quality and fullscreen it.

edit- i should really stop tagging v6 because i keep getting car links afterwards.
As far as it has been explained to me, any scripted movement system will suffer the result of this glitch. Although, I don't think the evoking command/function has been identified yet.

Tags
graal v6, windows