Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
iUN

I probably shouldn't be the one making this announcement and someone can do so properly later on, but until this happens, there you go. UN will have a mobile counterpart. Stop saying we're like iClassic because we don't house 12-year-olds looking for girlfriends and/or boyfriends. Just grown ups that act that way. Say we're like iUN from now on.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 AM
pffttt
Bensor is on a distinguished road
Every server will have kids asking for 'dates' or 'marry me.'
It has been tried to fix, but nothing can get rid of the idea. Not even banning them will fix anything.

iClassic is starting to turn into UN. New weapons that are fun to use. More fun events. What's next?
In my opinion, UN shouldn't have a chance at iOS.
Two nearly the same servers will just confuse players.

Not to be mean or anything.<3
Old 07-12-2013, 07:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
lol, UN was the iClassic of Graal for a long time. Funny how you think it's supposed to be mature or something.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM
C:
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
lol, UN was the iClassic of Graal for a long time. Funny how you think it's supposed to be mature or something.
Yeah, aside from the clear sarcasm in the OP, UN's role had always been the same role that iClassic currently plays. If anything, iClassic should be called UN o_o
However, I think you should re-read the OP as no where in there did I state UN's player base was at all mature. I even said they acted like 12-year-olds. Not to mention this post announcing iUN's development was almost entirely sarcastic. With that being said, I don't really think it's fair to make UN the laughing stock when many of Zodiac's better players are also UN regulars. So if you want to trash the server because of the player base, start trashing all the others that they play too.

Now the nice difference between what iClassic did and what iUN can and will do, is that iClassic is flat out boring and has no entertaining content, and iUN will always have something for you to do, no matter your interests. If you want to play a certain genre of a game on Graal PC, you're very limited in server choice. You have a pretty poorly planned RPG server that will release things according to their theme once in a great while, a server with guns (I mean... come on), a server with a tremendous amount of trolls and practically useless NPCs with a broken default PK system, and the other untouched servers. What's missing is an actual connection with the player that makes the game entertaining and provides what they're looking for. That's lost in development and is a topic for another time. Anyways, iUN can be a whole lot different than what's now known as an ordinary Graal server.

Unless you're a child and as afore stated are looking for an online boyfriend and/or girlfriend, there isn't very much appeal. UN has always been a step above content-wise than iClassic has and frankly will be forever due to many reasons, not all iClassic's fault, but you can make some pretty cool things and have substantial activities on a server whilst making actual playable, entertaining content that caters to players' interests rather than a "this is what you get, now please don't leave our based god server".

I guess what I want to say about this is that iUN will have a huge array of fun stuff for players to do what they please. The classic theme is dissed as a troll-infested landscape, but it would be pretty cool to reinvent that and be innovative with it. We can capture a lot of the successful aspects of UN as well as oust what other servers tried to do, and bring something new to Graal. Should be a fun time.

BUT OF COURSE, IT'S UN SO DON'T WORRY GUYS WE'LL LIKELY DIE AND FAIL ANYWAYS. Nerds.

Last edited by devilsknite1; 07-12-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
UN has always been a step above content-wise than iClassic
lmao ok buddy
Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM
C:
Quote:
lmao ok buddy
Ok so placing furniture that is shared globally with all other iPhone servers beats out a mouse/touch interactive lumbering system along with countless quests and bundles upon bundles of [what players consider] fun NPCs?

Waiting for "but UN doesn't have guns and you can't cast spells", even though that technically isn't true o_o

UN has time on its side. Unless iClassic has 10+ years of development it isn't showing us, I think the content game is pretty secure with UN, in both quantity and quality. More with the quantity though.

Last edited by devilsknite1; 07-12-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Ok so placing furniture that is shared globally with all other iPhone servers beats out a mouse/touch interactive lumbering system along with countless quests and bundles upon bundles of [what players consider] fun NPCs?
No offense, but that lumbering system is one of the ugliest, least functional, and least presentable things I've ever seen made in my time doing game development. The quests are garbage, and the NPCs are broken and annoying.

The only thing UN has going for it is the social scene, which ironically, is also the only thing iClassic has going for it. I also think you're nuts.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
lmao ok buddy
It is without a doubt in quantity, but definitely not in quality. There's a shitload of fun stuff to do in Unholy Nation, and iClassic gets boring super fast with little to do. However, the content on iClassic does seem more professionally made than UN, but IMO the sloppiness of content is what makes UN fun(It's Chaotic)

Anyways @OP, you're going to need to find a way to convince Stefan that UN has a significantly different theme than iClassic, or he won't even consider letting you guys publish it for iPhone. If you make anything interesting or cool, he's just going to ask you if he can upload it to iClassic, then ignore any of your requests to test and or publish the server on iPhone.

Simply saying it's going to be a higher quality server won't cut it either. You'll have to seriously think up how to create large enough gameplay differences that make it seems like another type of game, without ruining what makes UN what it is.

Perhaps say it will be more gameplay oriented than social oriented(IE quests for hearts, more chaotic items, automated events, less hats)
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post

Waiting for "but UN doesn't have guns and you can't cast spells", even though that technically isn't true o_o

UN has time on its side. Unless iClassic has 10+ years of development it isn't showing us, I think the content game is pretty secure with UN, in both quantity and quality. More with the quantity though.
the quality of un's content is laughable. ugly graphics, bad levels, and gameplay content that isn't really that great. you may have technical things but that doesn't mean it's actually good.

i'm by no means implying that iclassic has great content either, but in terms of levels and graphics they **** on UN.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
the quality of un's content is laughable. ugly graphics, bad levels, and gameplay content that isn't really that great. you may have technical things but that doesn't mean it's actually good.

i'm by no means implying that iclassic has great content either, but in terms of levels and graphics they **** on UN.
The main issue i have with iClassic is that they never add actual new playable content. Sure they got plenty of high quality hats, furniture, and every type of customization or cosmetic item you can imagine. But rarely do they actually add something that is playable content.

I wish they would actually hire talented scripters. iEra gets constant gameplay updates. iClassic rarely gets anything because they have next to no committed scripters. I'd be willing to help, but I know that Xor has a personal grudge against me, so there's no hope in me trying to apply.

edit: also tell him it will be a more PKing oriented server, so it will be a slightly less casual game unlike iClassic where 90% of areas are no pk.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Lol I argued with a kid from UN about this exact topic a month ago.

All I have to say is that the problems have already been discussed here.

UN will honestly have a very hard time competing with a server already established in what UN dealt for PC Graal in the first place.

Unless you actually make something different out of yourself that people will enjoy, don't count on UN getting anywhere.

@Bensor An actual constructed date simulator server would actually be hilarious, possibly even easy for a scripter.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Quote:

> complains that UN has ugly graphics.
> meanwhile all our hats can be seen on zodiac and iClassic.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM
C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
least functional
Can't argue with the ugly aspect of it, certainly not the most aesthetically pleasing thing I've ever seen, but come on DS... Change your PCID and IP again and log onto any server. I'm sure you can find 10 things that are less functional than that on all of them. If THAT is the least functional thing on Graal, this game has some pretty high hopes.

Quote:
the quality of un's content is laughable.
You fail to realize that most of this stuff is way old. When was iClassic's content developed? Fairly recently, right? We have things sitting on UN that exceed a decade in age. While that's not an excuse, I would imagine when creating a new server from scratch, in this case iUN, that things are going to look pretty good. Not to mention what Snoopy said. If our content is so laughable why are other servers eating it up? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Unless you actually make something different out of yourself that people will enjoy, don't count on UN getting anywhere.

@Bensor An actual constructed date simulator server would actually be hilarious, possibly even easy for a scripter.
We're not taking UN and simply throwing it on an iPhone and calling it iUN and hoping players dig it up. Which is a REALLY big problem with posts in this thread. I think I've stated this before in my previous post, but iUN is going to be a whole lot different than what PC UN is. There will be more direction, playable content, and something that's going to capture the player's interest, whatever that might be. There will always be something to do.
However, I'm kind of thinking about just making it a date simulator at this point
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I've always seen UN as an event/mini-game server. Monopoly, tower defense and the random fun mini-game events is the only reason I see to log on UN.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM
C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I've always seen UN as an event/mini-game server. Monopoly, tower defense and the random fun mini-game events is the only reason I see to log on UN.
Yeah, UN is built around what other servers make their extras. It's pretty much, as stated before, the first functioning iClassic server. However, that's kind of what has come to define UN, so that will not be lost in the development of iUN, but content more substantial will be present.