Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Question PlayerWorlds Confusion

This seems like the best place to ask, because it doesn't seem like I should be asking Tech Support.

What are the differences between the Player Words.

There are Gold, Playerworlds(Classic), Hosted, and Under Construction (some Classic).

What are the differences?

So far it seems like the order is:
Classic, Gold, Hosted, Under Construction.

Classic holds most of the population having some servers that hold less than Under Construction servers. It seems mainly an advertisement like state to show your server on the front page. However, renting is now free once you reach this stage.
Unsure how it is obtained. I suppose the managers have to ask a global to check their server over... ?

Gold has a few players on sometimes, usually less than Classic servers, and it doesn't seem worth it. Also, unsure what the advantages of this is, maybe no renting as well.
Unsure how it is obtained as well, maybe only for classics? Or only for global management.

Hosted I heard was for half Classic / half Under Construction, who reserve the right to go under construction or hosted when they want. Not quite sure why this isn't only under construction.
Unsure the advantages or how to get a server under hosted.

Under Construction basically is starting out, having to pay rent to have a server and there are no advantages except the under construction classic servers, excluding Testbed.

Question:
Would anyone like to enlighten me further in this topic, the differences, how to get on them, and why you should want to?

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Gold: Servers where cyberjourers used to take a personal interest in and try to produce them as the best offered. Gold subscription is required. I personally dont see why anyone would want to apply for gold and miss out on the players whom only have a classic account.

Classic: Servers that have surpassed the hosted stage can go here, or rather servers that are (or should be) playable in every right. Requires gold or classic or classic lifetime, which is no longer offered. You want this to no longer be required to pay to keep your server up, and enjoy the ability for many more players to join your server!

Hosted: The best UC servers apply to get more of a player base by getting displayed on the hosted tab, and are tested to see if the server holds any interest, or if the staff can handle not being corrupt around legit players. I personally find this category lacking, as some servers currently on it are rather lacking themselves. Requires Gold to play or work on.

UC: You rent a server for 6 or 12 months and you get a server in your account name that you can have a pwa rename to whatever you want. Players found in this type of server usually believe "This server will save graal!!1!". Requires gold to work/visit on UC servers (Testbed is the exception).
Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
UC - Players get their hopes up, thinking they will make a beautiful server that will be better than all the others.

Hosted - Other players gain interest, and some more development work is done. At this stage, 99% of servers lose staff and interest and fail.

Classic - Servers that people will actually spend time on. At this stage in a servers life, large updates will roll out, players will be happy, then months later, interest dies out and nothing gets done. Turns into an idle/chat room server.

Gold - LOL

Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
David K?
I see lol, thank you both..

Slightly unsure about the needed gold for UC servers as I've seen trials, and myself being classic working on UC. I do need Testbed to use RC though :'[

I was wondering, how come I don't have "classic lifetime", as I bought my account around 2003 I believe.. D: What is the difference between the two? I've only heard of it once before..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I see lol, thank you both..

Slightly unsure about the needed gold for UC servers as I've seen trials, and myself being classic working on UC. I do need Testbed to use RC though :'[

I was wondering, how come I don't have "classic lifetime", as I bought my account around 2003 I believe.. D: What is the difference between the two? I've only heard of it once before..
It appears to me you do have Lifetime Classic. To put it simply the difference is, if you run out of gold time you don't become a trial on Classic servers.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
David K?
Oh... so Gold Subscription = Classic but not lifetime like older payed accounts?
But that is pretty cool for me I guess... I don't play classic servers though... but I am very grateful to be able to use Testbed..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
the only different between hosted and uc
is hosted u c on f8 uc u cant

u still have to pay just like a normal uc