Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Wil Souls Stats or Old Stats?
Wil Soul's Stats 21 55.26%
Old Stats 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Up to your last imagery, you see what exactly's supposed to be seen.
The difference between guns however, is a lot less than what it was.
Due to that, the "bad" guns as you call them, can easily topple the good guns dependent upon the player using them. However, such an effect won't be fully utilized until players absolutely adjust and begin to actually gain skill.

Basically: A gun is as good as its user is the change. However, players can't be made good users overnight. So this update is an effect to be rendered in a timely fashion. Those who realize the effect immediately, are the players who already were at that level of "good".

Sounds very immaterial, but give it a thought. =].
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
u suck man stop talking all cool, u nerfed guns like rpg cuz u couldnt stand getting regularly owned (i mean, u couldnt survive 10seconds in a base if my rpg was around) so u had to change everything to ur liking (u couldve just bought an rpg since ur so good with any type of gun??)..so plz atleast stop saying ur so good
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Due to that, the "bad" guns as you call them, can easily topple the good guns dependent upon the player using them. However, such an effect won't be fully utilized until players absolutely adjust and begin to actually gain skill.

Basically: A gun is as good as its user is the change. However, players can't be made good users overnight. So this update is an effect to be rendered in a timely fashion. Those who realize the effect immediately, are the players who already were at that level of "good".

I'm glad this was done, but the big health differences between players is still a big problem in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
so um..basically you want Skill over Gun...but what if people dont wana use skill and just be cheap wit a very expensive gun..
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
so um..basically you want Skill over Gun...but what if people dont wana use skill and just be cheap wit a very expensive gun..
Yeh, they had the skill to make alotta money.

Also, all you pro-scripters say that guns go by .1, .15, .2, .25. If thats the fact, then all wil did was "rollback" the stats of the guns, so what used to be .05, are .1, those be .1, are now .15, etc. So there STILL isn't much of a difference between guns, according to the pro-scripters.

But if this is not the case, I know for sure, I owned you guys in another argument...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Era's Most Wanted
tstre has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Im banned D:
Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post

Also, all you pro-scripters say that guns go by .1, .15, .2, .25. If thats the fact, then all wil did was "rollback" the stats of the guns, so what used to be .05, are .1, those be .1, are now .15, etc. So there STILL isn't much of a difference between guns, according to the pro-scripters.

But if this is not the case, I know for sure, I owned you guys in another argument...
You don't have to be pro (or even script) to know that.

And he changed much more than just freeze times... he made a standardization for new weapons and made the guns differ more in style, such so the player can choose from a wider variety rather than 'expensive and lame' or 'cheap and crappy'.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
You don't have to be pro (or even script) to know that.

And he changed much more than just freeze times... he made a standardization for new weapons and made the guns differ more in style, such so the player can choose from a wider variety rather than 'expensive and lame' or 'cheap and crappy'.
Well then explain to me why he ruined the Uzi?
Used to be a pretty good gun in my opinion, but the freeze it has right now just ruins it..
Old 06-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakonda View Post
Well then explain to me why he ruined the Uzi?
Used to be a pretty good gun in my opinion, but the freeze it has right now just ruins it..
Because it costs $150?
It's still a very usable weapon for a newb defending their shell spot from other newbs...

Just not enough to stand up in a spar with legitimate weapons.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Because it costs $150?
It's still a very usable weapon for a newb defending their shell spot from other newbs...

Just not enough to stand up in a spar with legitimate weapons.
Depending on its user.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 06-23-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post

Yeah, Graal Runs 20 FPS: Guns (Freezetime, Sleeptime) are in .05 Intervals.

Thats pretty much known.

And, amongst other changes (only noticeable if you own a certain gun), that has some legitimacy.

Put it this way, guns are all unique in their own way. Until you use each one, you won't know the pros/cons. The stats are just numbers. Seeing something and experiencing it are two different things, as you'll grow to find out.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Grimm753 is on a distinguished road
The changes Will made are fine. Most of you are either pissing and moaning because you want instant gratification, (I.E. Uzi w/ old MP5 stats, etc). The rest of you can't seem to cope with the fact that instead of holding D and creating a perfectly lame wall of bullets, there's more skill involved than there was prior to his revamping of era's weapons.

Personally, I would be in full support of going back to HGs, SGs, Uzis. Seperates the men from the boys.

Great job Will. Keep at it!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post

stfu, yesterday i log on, get summoned in the middle of gang ctf, go get the flag and we win lmao (recking wil and the rest of his ****ty gang)

and a GIGANTIC mistake wil did in "rebalancing" guns was to not consider that, for example, .2, .22 and .24 r different for fire rate, unlike freeze
idk y since im not a scripter but i remember mt changing from .24 to .22 and s6 from .22 to .2, and both these changes had noticeable difference
Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
stfu, yesterday i log on, get summoned in the middle of gang ctf, go get the flag and we win lmao (recking wil and the rest of his ****ty gang)

and a GIGANTIC mistake wil did in "rebalancing" guns was to not consider that, for example, .2, .22 and .24 r different for fire rate, unlike freeze
idk y since im not a scripter but i remember mt changing from .24 to .22 and s6 from .22 to .2, and both these changes had noticeable difference
You froze and lag-warped legitimately halfway across the map past half of us (from our towers to the water in the middle). It's not like you won MVP (or were even in the top 5).

Fire Rate works the same as freeze.. it probably had a noticeable difference because (in the case of S6) it went from .22 (.25 loop) to .2 (.2 loop). MT should've stayed the same, but its semi-auto now so it might feel different I assume.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:57 AM
@TK: Your point really flies over my head on this one.
Its not unintentional that even firerate is .05 intervals.
I knew I'd be able to make all weapons unique given the variety of variables.
Therefore, I didn't need to go in-between and make it all sloppish, for what?
So Tk can sleep at night? No. Its fine this way and guns retain their individuality.