Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Nice work, but a few things that would optimize it and probably make it run a lot smoother:

- You don't seem to be clearing the drawing panel each cycle? Means you're drawing an insane amount of stuff in the drawing panel that should drop fps more and more the longer you run it.

- Instead of redrawing the world every 0.05 cycle, check if the player has moved or tilted his viewpoint and only redraw the world if required. Would increase fps by loads!

I bet if you did both of the above, drawing floors wouldn't be that laggy either.
With the not rendering unless movement is inputted, could potentially increase the speed, not sure though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Isn't the drawing panel simply a buffer? If it is, not clearing it is the preferred method, as clearing a buffer is costly. Since you're filling it entirely again anyway, you don't have to clear it.
This is exactly what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
Alpho was (and maybe still is) working on something that would enable him to do something in 60 fps
Would have to be something external.

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 11-27-2016, 01:32 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
DrawingPanels are indeed a buffer so no you don't need to clear it before drawing more. Also even if Graal ran at 60fps I doubt you'd be able to achieve that with custom render engines like this... so even 60fps Graal running this would at most probably achieve 20fps.

Have you experimented with many output methods? I first tried mode7 rendering with a drawingpanel and even very small resolutions had pretty poor performance. If you haven't tried, rendering with showimgs might give better performance. However admittedly I wasn't running a render per every horizontal line(assuming that's your method). However you might be able to get away with rendering much less if you do some math with showpoly's(since you can apply textures to them).
Old 01-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
DrawingPanels are indeed a buffer so no you don't need to clear it before drawing more. Also even if Graal ran at 60fps I doubt you'd be able to achieve that with custom render engines like this... so even 60fps Graal running this would at most probably achieve 20fps.

Have you experimented with many output methods? I first tried mode7 rendering with a drawingpanel and even very small resolutions had pretty poor performance. If you haven't tried, rendering with showimgs might give better performance. However admittedly I wasn't running a render per every horizontal line(assuming that's your method). However you might be able to get away with rendering much less if you do some math with showpoly's(since you can apply textures to them).
I haven't tried with showimgs or showpolys yet, since I left Zone iPhone I also have no where to test code on either
Would be interesting to see if it's any better performance wise.
I also wanted to implement sprites, never got around to that since I was usually busy working on either the in-game forum or VIP items etc...

Gund for president.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Dragon
LebJoe is on a distinguished road
Very nice work! Keep it up Gund! I wish it could run faster but.. this is Graal X.X
Old 01-20-2017, 05:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebJoe View Post
Very nice work! Keep it up Gund! I wish it could run faster but.. this is Graal X.X
3D will fix it w/ 60fps!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:15 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
If anyone have fun projects like this, I will be happy to offer a free server to play with.

A new client for iOS and Android is on testing and should be released in 3 weeks, you will be able to do 60fps with it and any server will be able to use it.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
If anyone have fun projects like this, I will be happy to offer a free server to play with.

A new client for iOS and Android is on testing and should be released in 3 weeks, you will be able to do 60fps with it and any server will be able to use it.
Sounds interesting..
Any chance I could take you up on that offer?

Gund for president.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Sure, contact me py PM or Email (unixmad at graalonline.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderak View Post
Sounds interesting..
Any chance I could take you up on that offer?
Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Sure, contact me py PM or Email (unixmad at graalonline.com)
I'll shoot you an email on a somewhat related matter while I'm at it as well.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Bladeweaver
Megiddo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Will PC client get this update as well?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Dragon
LebJoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, it is nice to see you working on new great projects for Graal.
I've got a question, is the client for iOS and Android is going to be like the Graal PC client but an Android & iOS version?

Quote:
I'll shoot you an email once I've got spare time for this kind of Graal Projects.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
Will PC client get this update as well?
hope so
Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Quote:

its been 3 months, any news?