Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I'm pretty sure almost every statistic thrown in here is way off (too high)
Old 05-22-2009, 03:19 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
I argue for the sake of logic. Classic has many problems, and thus we can't just tell the dev team to focus solely on converting the HD.

This is the last time I am acknowledging you. Because I'm truly losing my patience with the lack of respect and maturity you have on this thread.

I never said focus solely on HD, I said that was the first challenge. If you actually go back through this entire thread and read my suggests on how to lure players in you'd retract that fkin' statement.

This is exactly why I challenged you to start reading my posts clearly, because you don't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I'm directing it to you; put your boxing gloves down and pick up some glasses. I'm here to help work not here to bicker. If you have something to say, be contructive not offensive.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Way to ignore the rest of my post.

Perhaps you realized your mistakes and chose to not post about them. But w/e.

When you say the 'hd is the first challenge', to me that implies doing it first. When you do something first, usually you put the other aspects on hold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats usually what doing something "first" means, right?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Way to ignore the rest of my post.

Perhaps you realized your mistakes and chose to not post about them. But w/e.

When you say the 'hd is the first challenge', to me that implies doing it first. When you do something first, usually you put the other aspects on hold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats usually what doing something "first" means, right?
Well, yes...
but you can also do different stuff at once

EDIT: Not with our staff team tho
Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
can someone close this thread
Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
can someone close their mouth
(not pointing anyone out, I swear)

So this thread should probably be closed, but I wish that classic staff would try to add more people to their staff who want to be involved and set some goals. Really, its not going to hurt to try to dev on what you have and maybe just make a few other levels @ a time default HD or default events...

Last edited by unknown; 05-22-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Old 05-23-2009, 02:52 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Classic Dev is really dry atm. There's pretty much no active scripters who aren't management/administration.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Classic Dev is really dry atm. There's pretty much no active scripters who aren't management/administration.
:[
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
If someone is willing to help me learn GS2, I would love to get to the point where I could help make a positive influence on Classic. There is too much talking going on and not enough people stepping up. Or people who are willing to step up, but only if certain conditions are met. It's ridiculous. If you love the server, realize that there isn't much hope of turning around in where it now (system wise), and do your best to improve upon what is currently there.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
:[
Oh, I forgot about Sam!

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-24-2009, 06:00 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelm View Post
If you love the server
Well, the problem is that a lot of people loved what it was, not what it has become and has no hope of turning into. When you're working AWAY from what you loved about it, there's no motivation.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
delterian loyalist
What people loved about Classic was the community. Let's not kid ourselves by thinking we loved the old HD and levels, because that's just not the case. While, I for one, would love to see the old HD return, it's pretty apparent that it's just not going to happen so it's time to suck it up and move on. It's not happening.

The only way to get the community back is by continuing to offer ideas that the administration can actually complete and add to the server, promoting Graal in general, and Classic more specifically.

OH, and I don't know, maybe by actually playing the server. It's kind of pathetic to see all the people in this thread on other servers for the most part. Blame the HD all you want for that, too. It's the cool thing to do.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:39 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
What people loved about Classic was the community. Let's not kid ourselves by thinking we loved the old HD and levels, because that's just not the case.
That may be true for you. The people were part of it, but how significant a part is dependent on the person you're talking to. Just because you see them as the dominant factor in what made the server great doesn't mean that has to be the case for everyone else.

Quote:
OH, and I don't know, maybe by actually playing the server. It's kind of pathetic to see all the people in this thread on other servers for the most part.
It's kind of pathetic to see development go in random directions at all times regardless of who's playing. You're not offering a magical solution, sorry.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
What people loved about Classic was the community. Let's not kid ourselves by thinking we loved the old HD and levels, because that's just not the case. While, I for one, would love to see the old HD return, it's pretty apparent that it's just not going to happen so it's time to suck it up and move on. It's not happening.

The only way to get the community back is by continuing to offer ideas that the administration can actually complete and add to the server, promoting Graal in general, and Classic more specifically.
What people liked was not exclusive to one thing or the other. When I used to play many people left and came, so the community was always changing. Appeal to a server is usually always a combination of this and that, here and there. Sometimes one provides the hook and the other provides the catch. It's not as simple as, "community = win!".

Quote:
OH, and I don't know, maybe by actually playing the server. It's kind of pathetic to see all the people in this thread on other servers for the most part. Blame the HD all you want for that, too. It's the cool thing to do.
If people aren't playing, it's for a reason, no? Maybe it's because they're unhappy with the server, so why should they play?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:54 PM
delterian loyalist
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
That may be true for you. The people were part of it, but how significant a part is dependent on the person you're talking to. Just because you see them as the dominant factor in what made the server great doesn't mean that has to be the case for everyone else.
That statement applies to more people than just me, whether anyone else wants to take off their nostalgia goggles and admit it is up to them. The problem here is more than HD and default movement. This problem is Graal-wide. If all the people who loved 'classic'-type servers because of HD and movement, why is UN struggling right now?

Most people just don't enjoy playing Graal period. And it has nothing to do with HD, it has to do with content and enjoyability. No one is offering anything new and it's pretty stagnant development-wise across the board. Granted, some people really dislike the HD on Classic, so they're not going to enjoy any content that it produces because of their bias towards the system, justified or not.

Quote:
It's kind of pathetic to see development go in random directions at all times regardless of who's playing. You're not offering a magical solution, sorry.
You're right. It's rough to watch an administration go in a million different directions at once and accomplish nothing. But, I'd say it's just about as pathetic to see people cry about the lack of content and offer nothing more than, "Bring back old levels!" and "This HD sucks! Bring back the old one!". That is what this is all resorted to and it's going to continue being a stalemate until both sides realize that there is a certain amount of give and take that needs to happen.

For me personally, I'm willing to adapt to the HD and movement if the administration is willing to put out new content and make an attempt at listening to players requests (the feasible ones at least).

But hey, what do I know? It seems like the way you guys have been handling this has worked so well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What people liked was not exclusive to one thing or the other. When I used to play many people left and came, so the community was always changing. Appeal to a server is usually always a combination of this and that, here and there. Sometimes one provides the hook and the other provides the catch. It's not as simple as, "community = win!".
But the fact remains that there was a community there. And you can not deny that a server with a higher populous is not attractive to old and new players alike. I did not say that the end all comes and goes with the community, but it plays a huge part in why I played Classic after other servers started appearing and is what keeps me coming back to Graal even today. I think it's fair to say that I'm not the only one who feels this way. But by no means am I calling the community the end all. I'm simply stating that people who use the HD as their main reason why Classic is not 'Classic' is just wrong, and fixing the HD will not fix Classic.

Quote:
If people aren't playing, it's for a reason, no? Maybe it's because they're unhappy with the server, so why should they play?
I agree. Classic is stagnant, development is at a crawl - at best, and there isn't a lot to offer in terms of game play. However, can you really expect management to listen to players who don't frequent their server? I'd be interested to see how many people would actually play on Classic if the HD was default. My guess is that it wouldn't make much of a difference as Classic's problems extend far beyond the HD and movement issues.

Last edited by Nelm; 05-24-2009 at 07:04 PM..