Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
IMO Classic is the only server that could make a come back, NP and Delt don't stand a chance.
Lmao.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I agree, if the staff can't even take into consideration what players want, and won't test anything to benefit their player count, then pull the plug.
one question.

why are you still here THEN wtf? and ill repeat myself again(like i said to kill)
staff are not obligated to do what players ask or else players would rules to server without being a staff, if you really want something to happend, WAIT.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
one question.

why are you still here THEN wtf? and ill repeat myself again(like i said to kill)
staff are not obligated to do what players ask or else players would rules to server without being a staff, if you really want something to happend, WAIT.
yeah, well if they actually care for the server and care for their jobs, they would listen to the players.

I don't care if they are obligated or not, see the bigger picture and open your eyes before you open your mouth.

Last edited by Darlene159; 05-11-2009 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Either post respectfully, or dont post. There is no need for name calling and arguing
Old 05-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
yeah, well if they actually care for the server and care for their jobs, they would listen to the players.

I don't care if they are obligated or not, see the bigger picture and open your eyes before you open your mouth.

if u read my post again you will notice i did not write "to listen" but "TO DO" what players players tell them to do.

Last edited by Darlene159; 05-11-2009 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Either post respectfully, or dont post. There is no need for name calling and arguing
Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
This thread started May 3th and is still hot for answers while we are exactly 1 week furthur.
Again a week of no development. Again a week of many ideas on a forum. The ignorance of the staff is the biggest problem. They are not open for ideas because if so, I think atleast something was added along time ago. While we keep talking about how classic should develope, I think it's time we should discuss how to leave classic. Just pull the plug out?
Probably because you're very ignorant to believe that taking a year of development to restore old levels will make Classic better than what can already done if the same willpower was used on newer content.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Ninja of Classic
fa12 will become famous soon enough
What people need are hugs.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Probably because you're very ignorant to believe that taking a year of development to restore old levels will make Classic better than what can already done if the same willpower was used on newer content.
If it was done when it should have we might have 4 years of progress instead of movement systems and disappointment.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Corp1 is on a distinguished road
How long b4 decent hit detection returns to classic (not some gimmick special room or toggle crap)?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Depends how many people, whether they currently play Classic or not, decide to dedicate some time and work on the massive project.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
If it was done when it should have we might have 4 years of progress instead of movement systems and disappointment.
I'm not sure about all the stuff that happened in the past and the reasoning behind it, but I have a fairly good idea on what can and should be done right now for Classic. There might of been errors done in the past (Hell every server has em), but the focus should be on current.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 AM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I'm not sure about all the stuff that happened in the past and the reasoning behind it, but I have a fairly good idea on what can and should be done right now for Classic. There might of been errors done in the past (Hell every server has em), but the focus should be on current.

The focus should not be on past or current. The focus of a game is about " movin on" .
Where every other server has moved on, classic has been tearing to much on the success of the early 2000 years when classic had its highlights.
Other servers learned from that, used it to improve their own skills and made unique ideas to implent into the current servers. You can see now that Classic has not changed in improvement. Infact it has decreased its status by removing all of the content that made it so popular back in the day.

What classic should have done is keep the content , and expand from the content it had years ago, to expand the storyline, to improve npc's. heck, make a lv 2,3,4 and 5 trident, who cares.
But no, stupid people make stupid descisions and classis staff has a talent for that.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Coulda, shoulda, woulda. That didn't happen and we can't do anything about it now. We have to move on with what we do have, no matter how little it is.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Pink Chicken
acaremon02 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
The focus should not be on past or current. The focus of a game is about " movin on" .
Where every other server has moved on, classic has been tearing to much on the success of the early 2000 years when classic had its highlights.
Other servers learned from that, used it to improve their own skills and made unique ideas to implent into the current servers. You can see now that Classic has not changed in improvement. Infact it has decreased its status by removing all of the content that made it so popular back in the day.

What classic should have done is keep the content , and expand from the content it had years ago, to expand the storyline, to improve npc's. heck, make a lv 2,3,4 and 5 trident, who cares.
But no, stupid people make stupid descisions and classis staff has a talent for that.
I agree. Keep what we had, and expand on it.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:05 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
That's all well and good to say now.
However its 5 years after the fact(the npc server was introduced in 2004 I believe).
I agree the server should have never been wiped and rebuilt on the mess we call custom systems now. We would be in a different situation if choices were made differently.

However, lamenting on the past does no good to help the present situation.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Pink Chicken
acaremon02 will become famous soon enough
At least bring back the default HD. I realize why everyone's crying about it now... And I also feel the necessity for it.