Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Suggestions Round 2:

Suggestion thread #1 was getting too spammed up, so I had it closed, though I'll be taking the ideas out of there.

Anyway, for this thread, leave suggestions for specific things you would like to see added to classic, not general stuff, or "PLS BRING BACK OLD HD/LEVELS".

Lets keep it straight suggestions here and not wander off, as I'll be trying to get this moderated for spam better, specailly re: gc.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
You should list the suggestions from the other thread in this one on the first post, but in an easier to read format, example:
*Add clouds around the overworld map-Luda
or just post the post #
Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Suggestion: Limit "Unstick Me"

I was talking to Ziplock on AIM and we kinda established how lame "unstick me" is. It has been constantly used as a secondary warp ring for years, escaping fights and avoiding PKers while paused. In my opinion you need to limit it so it can only be used when you've been unpaused and standing still for 20 seconds, because that would show that you really are stuck and are using the command for a legitimate reason. When you do unstick, the place that you end up in should be the place that you've got your save point on the warp ring. Warping to the tutorial (middle of nowhere) every time you unstick is weird, especially if you're unsticking in a quest.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post

I was talking to Ziplock on AIM and we kinda established how lame "unstick me" is. It has been constantly used as a secondary warp ring for years, escaping fights and avoiding PKers while paused. In my opinion you need to limit it so it can only be used when you've been unpaused and standing still for 20 seconds, because that would show that you really are stuck and are using the command for a legitimate reason. When you do unstick, the place that you end up in should be the place that you've got your save point on the warp ring. Warping to the tutorial (middle of nowhere) every time you unstick is weird, especially if you're unsticking in a quest.
take it farther and record x y and level of unstick me use to verify it's only being used it you're stuck.

Obviously only use this if someone has used it several times in a short time frame
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post

Noted but would probably have to script our own unstick me entirely instead of using the default, unless I can use clientr vars in serverops.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Suggestion: Shield on horse
Night has a gani made for this, just replace it with the default gani. Your shield appears on your back while riding the horse.

Suggestion: Bow Strafing
Ability to strafe while using the bow, if you hold it longer it does 1 damage. Night has ganis for this and I need to update the bow graphic for front/down view.

Suggestion: Arrow + Explosion = Fireball
When you shoot an arrow through a bomb explosion, have it turn into a fireball (the original fireball, new one looks like crap)

Suggestion: Nukeshot Explosion
Please use this original nuke shot explosion (bomb explosion) because this new one looks ridiculously lame.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 AM
PKT
trifle has a spectacular aura about
Suggestion: Guild uniforms
Every guild should have the choise of haveing custom graphics they have made that only memebers of that guild would be able to wear. (Body, sword, shield, hat and heads).

Suggestion: Treasures
I mentioned this in the first thread, but since everyone is just going to read this thread now, I'll add it again:
The map can take you to traps, a treasure chest with gralats, tickets, other treasure maps or even npc's.
These maps should be able to buy in secret stores, find in secret places, or win in events.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Suggestion:Shield Reflecting Arrows
i suggest that we should be able to reflect arrows when you face the arrows coming at you.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I think DC already added that, Laura

-New Death animations. I posted it somewhere in the old thread + Storm already has some ideas noted

-Horses eating bombs. Suggested this to Storm too.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
Suggestion:
-Removal of special effects for 40AP to 99AP.

I don't really understand why players can heal up to 8HP if they have over a certain AP and can PK too... I can understand if they're doing that at 100AP but why below that?!
There is no point really, I hope this feature gets removed as it is lame and unfair (because people can heal and have higher HP).

Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Suggestion: Is it possible to start making use of other parts of the map now, I feel they are getting some dust on them. Maybe a entire map wide event, something with clues all over the classic world that all leads back to one spot. Its been done before, but it might bring some players together for a bit.

And I cant quite name it correctly , but Night, you did something with clues, puzzles rather, prize at the end, it was enjoyable, If i remember right, lots of people participated, maybe that could help with a lil boost as well.

And since none of that kinda involved development heh, the Map, has no one mentioned the fact that players are no longer tracked on the map besides yourself? Maybe we can fix that.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
How about you guys bring back morpher so people who don't have them/accidently deleted them can have it so it's not only limited to a select number of people.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Classic FAQ
btw mystic you cant reflect arrows. i tryed and its wasnt working
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Suggestion:
Find a way to make other cities important. Bowling didn't make people go to other cities. Neither do forts. Since you can't warp to other cities, there's no reason to make the journey since they are all pretty useless.

A few summers ago ranger (and others) made a guild called Sentinel, with the idea of there being different groups within the guild, each affiliated with a city. The cities were going to have wars over territories or just battles for fun.

I don't have many ideas yet, but think of a way to make other cities more accessible and more important.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Classic FAQ
Suggestion:
make warp for other city