Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 AM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Bring back Classic levels and hit detection?

I would like to see the original Classic with it's original hit detection. It's clear that Classic's player count has dropped for quite sometime and I believe it's because of this change. I would definitely replay and I feel that it would encourage many "oldbies" to come back. I can say I was disinterested in playing Classic once that hit detection was released and would like to see the old levels and hit detection back.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Safety blanket.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I voted 2 but I'd rather have a vote for "Bring back old HD and work on making the OW better"
Old 05-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I voted 2 but I'd rather have a vote for "Bring back old HD and work on making the OW better"
Is what I want too.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
yea
Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
I certainly would like something done, the two best servers graal ever had and with all the work that's said to be done still seem to be stuck in limbo. Something i can only say for myself and my own feelings, is kingdoms never quite gave me any feelings of nostalgia quite like graal 2001 and classic have.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Cell Chill
smokeraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to smokeraider Send a message via MSN to smokeraider
Oldskool plz
Old 05-03-2009, 03:59 AM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
MASTERSTORM is an old friend, very old friend. I mean no disrespect but in my opinion he has to come to the realization that it isn't Classic that he has on there. Classic is Classic meaning Graal the Adventure. I've spoken to Stefan about but he doesn't believe players would support Classic if they returned it to it's original playerworld/hit detection. I really don't understand why MASTERSTORM likes this way being that he started Classic and fell inlove with it when it had the old hit detection.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've been trying to determine if the Dev Team feel that Developing with Default Systems on a seperate server would be the best way forward but not primarily for the sake of Hit Detection and Nostalgia,
but for the sake of having a clean foundation inwhich to build upon, and systems which are well documented and that most Developers on Graal are familiar with them.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I've been trying to determine if the Dev Team feel that Developing with Default Systems on a seperate server would be the best way forward but not primarily for the sake of Hit Detection and Nostalgia,
but for the sake of having a clean foundation inwhich to build upon, and systems which are well documented and that most Developers on Graal are familiar with them.
The illusion of a playercount will take a big hit if you move away the development.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:48 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I personally love to make the core parts of a server, and would consider helping in that regard. If it isn't being done from scratch though, I want nothing to do with it. There's very little that currently exists that isn't pure garbage.

However, if EVERYONE is going to be doing this, I don't see that it's going to be very beneficial, given that it'll probably take quite a while (depending on availability of workers) to get it completed. (Which would be leaving the current server basically abandoned development-wise.) Then again, making new things on the current server when an entirely new foundation is going to be introduced doesn't make any sense. I don't really know what to suggest.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 AM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Classic will never be the same as it used to be, but it would be nice to have it slightly come back in the server list. Not only did the hit detection ruin it (and these stupid non graal mods like Era and Zodiac) but the kids who are still loyal to classic need to realize it also died because you guys would never do anything but idle. I see this as a last resort for classic, and if this fails, classic should just be deleted IMO along with other dead servers. So a note to the people of classic, if you start to see a difference if these changes go through, DONT SIT AND IDLE, graal is a game not a chat room.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I see this as a last resort for classic [...] if these changes go through
I wouldn't count on anything happening at all.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Masah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Masah
Smile LOL at new classic

Developpers are geat.
Classic sucked since 2003-2004
Don't give us the reason: it takes a while to do.

DC just stated like 10 mins ago that:"I come on graal to interact with friends,we don't care about pk,spar,events and guild wars"

WTF? If I wanna interact with friends and talk about my life,i'll just do it in real life.

Enjoying an online game is doing pvp,work to get some items,enjoy stuff like events,guild wars,spar tourney,items hunt...

Interact with friends?
That's what new classic staff came up with as a solution for low player rates? LET'S DO AN INTERACTIVE BOT NPC,SO WE CAN TALK WITH HIM.

Btw,it's DecemberChill,for some reason,lazy staff won't active my account on forums
Dias (11/24/2002 7:28:17 PM):
Brett i am sorry your the best in the west can i come out oh my higness??.plz i'll
clean your feet with my mouth plz your highness!?
------------------------------------------
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Voted to bring back original HD since it has to be better than the two we currently have.