Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum > N-Pulse News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Deaths-Shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deaths-Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Deaths-Shadow
N-Pulse Preview

Hi all,

This is just a quick post to give everyone a quick preview of the things Ducati, Zerxus, Sage, Scriptless and myself have been working on over on the N-Pulse development side of things.

We are aiming to bring a mixture of a new N-Pulse combined with the old classic feel. We will have various different levels from the original server in the new server with an updated tileset and story.

The server will hopefully have a very Zelda like feel, considering this is the roots of Graal and N-Pulse.

The story starts with a dark scene, your character is sat against a tree by a fire. Tent pitched in the background, slowly falling asleep. Once your character nods off several bandits creep onto the scene and one hits your character on the head. They raid your camp and take a pendant from your person.

Scene then moves to the next morning where an old hunter comes across you in the woods, and helps you, semi-conscious back to his hut. You awake and ask the man what happened. He explains how he found you and you realise your pendant is gone. The man gives you a basic sword and shield and tells you where your camp is. You head back to your camp to see if you can find your pendant.

Once you arrive at your camp you look around and find a letter/bandit orders directing that your camp be over run and your pendant stolen. It is signed off by the Brago Bandit Leader. You leave the camp in search of the group of bandits.

The rest of the story centres around finding the pendant that was stolen from you and the 8 elemental gems from the various temples around N-Pulse. Each gem will unlock a new ability that enables you to carry on with the story and unlock the next temple. The temples will be based on the original Zelda games to give N-Pulse a more Zelda like feel.

There will also be various jobs that a player can do which will earn him/her gralat. These will include things like: Fishing, Logging/Lumbering, Farming, Mining, Cooking and Alchemy. As well as gralat these will also enable you to make items such as arrows, bombs, food and various different potions.

Here is a sneak preview of a few other levels dotted around N-Pulse that we are working on.

Forest Temple entrance

Mini Water temple entrance

Volcano/Lava

Goddess Town

Dan and Ann's House

The Grave keepers House

The Church

Broken Bridge

Link Ranch

Hope everyone likes the preview and what we've been working on.

"Blackness covers all I see and all I touch. No feeling of pain just sorrow.
My hand loses grip of the sword I held. And I turn to become a true shadow."

Last edited by Tigairius; 05-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: The chest image belongs to someone else and has not authorized your use of it.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
That's looking fantastic!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Really nice.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Very nice!
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
That grass looks familiar, Might I ask who did it? It looks nice.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Great comeback. Keep it up.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Looks great. Keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
That grass looks familiar, Might I ask who did it? It looks nice.
BomyIsland?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
BomyIsland?
Don't know. That's why I asked!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
kinda nice i guess, but why the bomy island grass.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Great job all, keep up the hard work
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
not sure why you want to use grass with a sand texture, but other than that it looks nice

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-05-2012, 12:44 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
That's a nice tileset. It contains the best graphics submitted to the forums recolored and mixed up in a way that looks really good. Very nice!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great response.

The grass was done by Zerxus, he was inspired by Bomy Island but it was actually a recolour of our current desert tile (not shown here). We currently havn't had a GFX to help us out, so we have gone through what we think is a good combination of freeware GFX on the forums (and anything not, but taken unknownly, we will of course change) and alot of old GFX from EOA, and many stages of N-Pulse life. So all in all, I think Zerxus has done an awesome compromise with the grass.

We are currently looking for NAT's and GFX - so anyone interested, please get in contact with me

Thanks,

Ducati
Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
It's good to see a server remake which is attempting something new and purposeful (and it does look visually impressive so far), rather than just digging up something which already died of natural causes, or trying to achieve easy success by piecing together other peoples work and pushing it on a new platform.

It does however seem that at least some of the tiles might have been blown up from LTTP:

Classic's sewer dungeon walls were based on the same thing, and especially with Graal itself originally being a rip of and even still containing tiles from Zelda, I know it's easy to get that impression when it might not be the case. Making the comparisons, it does seem like those forest temple tiles are just a couple of pixels different from the blown up Misery Mire tiles.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Looks sexy. Keep it up.