FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Ruins doesn't exactly have more than Esteria at the moment, and well to be honest I don't know how Esteria was to judge about the content.
Esteria really only had visuals.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Esteria really only had visuals.
If you say so =]
Old 08-02-2010, 04:20 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Soala, just add some elements of gameplay that some of the Zelda games had to Ruins. Only you must make them more modern because you can. Remember those were done on the NES and SNES I think. Just make Ruins have the same concept and idea but apply it with more detail and make it better. Don't keep it looking like it's on the NES completely.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Soala, just add some elements of gameplay that some of the Zelda games had to Ruins. Only you must make them more modern because you can. Remember those were done on the NES and SNES I think. Just make Ruins have the same concept and idea but apply it with more detail and make it better. Don't keep it looking like it's on the NES completely.
Just let me.. do what I have in mind? I got strong ideas, don't worry about that =D
Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
lol i kind of know what you're thinking soala. i.e not wanting to corrupt your chain of thoughts etc (i'd do the same if i was managing a server or working on a project) but tbh theres 0 point in aiming for a "gold" server. that label was tried and failed, resulting in only cyberjoueurs' own servers being placed there.

that news screenshot looks beautiful, just hope the outside tilesets matches.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
They do. As far as I can tell, it's all old Esteria and Crystia stuff.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
lol i kind of know what you're thinking soala. i.e not wanting to corrupt your chain of thoughts etc (i'd do the same if i was managing a server or working on a project) but tbh theres 0 point in aiming for a "gold" server. that label was tried and failed, resulting in only cyberjoueurs' own servers being placed there.

I know, which is why I may finaly decide to put it on the classic tab, if I'm allowed to (though Stefan will have the last say on it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
They do. As far as I can tell, it's all old Esteria and Crystia stuff.
Yes, a bunch of Crystia's stuff are used, and Angelu came to give me a bunch of images too, so I thought I'd give it a go since they are all wonderful.

I should probably add that the old Ruins using pics1 was beautiful too, but really, Patrick (patrick_is_here) my LAT did a wonderful job on the outside maps, and most insides are Angelu's ideas and concepts, following my instructions.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
can i hav a cool outfit~
Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
can i hav a cool outfit~
can you detail what you want? I can probably make it quickly
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Esteria, Crystia
When trying to promote a server/project, it's probably best to not reference things like this that never amounted to anything more than an opportunity to show off what you can do development-wise without being playable
Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
When trying to promote a server/project, it's probably best to not reference things like this that never amounted to anything more than an opportunity to show off what you can do development-wise without being playable
I fully agree with you, but well, some people already seen what it would look like, which is why they are referencing the content I'm using.
The content wasn't used at all, so I gave it a go and finaly made a real opportunity to use them at worthwhile ends for everyone to enjoy, giving the server my personal touch aswell.
Apart from the tileset and some images, most icons, swords and other things we don't have yet, will be mostly made by me. I can't do much on the graphics part at the moment since I'm busy leading the operations to build everything up correctly.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Soala, could you make me a cool outfit as well? Description of the Outfit I would like: Hair like your Avatar picture, the one with the black hair and black outfit with the sword. Only I want the hair blue. Make a black shirt that is kind of baggy for him and white, baggy pants. And also put a red, longish band on his waist. Please make this outfit for me, I would really appreciate it when I finally get to play Ruins. Make his skin color like the guy in your avatar and give him somewhat bold looking eyes. Thanks and reply back.

Last edited by scooter123; 08-03-2010 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add on.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Make me a Zack/Cloud lookalike. I would love you forever.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Ideas on Fire
I will make the different clothes, hair and eventualy heads as long as they fit the server.
The example of Zack/Cloud is perfect if you want to know, so I might do that somewhat soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Okay, thanks for replying!