Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 AM
PrototypeX
khortez will become famous soon enough
need a solution for repeated error message in RC

i was trying to create a gui window but for some reason i keep getting this error message: "Script: Function addcontrol not found " can someone tell me a solution for that?

edit: i don't think it's the code but if necessary, i'll provide it

editx2 : i still don't have a clue of why it was acting the way it did.. so if anyone wants to give me possible reasons for why it was saying that i would be grateful so i could fix it/prevent it in the future. though it's fine now

Last edited by khortez; 02-06-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 06:35 AM
PrototypeX
PHP Code:
function onCreated(){
  new 
GuiShowImgCtrl("Selected_Pocket"){

30;

30;

height 100;

width 100;
  }

was working fine, for awhile. then i got the error again, so i have to look back here once more for help. any ideas what's wrong?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Have you tried naming the control a different name? (Removing the selected). Also you dont have clientside indicator in your snippet, but that part is under //#CLIENTSIDE right?

Shot in the dark.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:20 PM
PrototypeX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Have you tried naming the control a different name? (Removing the selected). Also you dont have clientside indicator in your snippet, but that part is under //#CLIENTSIDE right?

Shot in the dark.
yeah it's under //#CLIENTSIDE, and yeah it's had different names before, but it never makes a difference what name it is it feels like for this error to appear, as just to test it, i have used the default code provided in graal bible just to see if this error would appear and it did still. it oddly appears after i copy/paste my code from one weapon to another. at least that's the only time i can recall seeing it. the one single time i fixed it before, was when i had manually re-written the code from scratch, this time though apparently, that won't work. i'll try renaming the control again though. thanks for the help

edit: I just changed the name to "Pocket" then changed the control name to "Test_Window", it still for some reason can't create the control. Also just in case.. i notice it doesn't have an image set to it but, it doesn't matter because it won't allow me to create the control in the first place

Last edited by khortez; 02-12-2014 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 03:16 AM
beckett164 is on a distinguished road
I think that you may need to give the control a profile.

Quote:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
new GuiBitmapCtrl("MyGUI_Bitmap1") {
profile = GuiDefaultProfile; // <----- LIKE THIS
bitmap = "login_gradient_blue.png";
height = 80;
width = 120;
x = 687;
y = 258;
}
I'm just assuming that's how it goes because the client-rc gui compiler always generates controls like that.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Looks the that container that's calling addcontrol is missing :O
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 03-24-2014, 09:24 PM
PrototypeX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Looks the that container that's calling addcontrol is missing :O
Not entirely sure what you mean , but while i recognize this is a somewhat old thread, i'm posting my appreciation to those that helped me. for some time i actually thought i'd have to try and solo it somehow.

that said, what exactly did you mean by the container that's calling addcontrol is missing? i couldn't tell much difference because it looked the same as other GUI's i created code-wise. thanks again
Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
hello!

if you are receiving this error in remote control then it appears '//#CLIENTSIDE' (no white spaces before or afterwards) is not being set properly, as only serverside functions should be producing such a message

if you add echo("test" SPC player.account); within onCreated, press F2, go to 'scripts', and you see your account name, then you will know it is occurring clientside as it should be, if you just see "test " within remote control chat then it is definitely occurring serverside
Old 03-25-2014, 05:25 PM
PrototypeX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
hello!

if you are receiving this error in remote control then it appears '//#CLIENTSIDE' (no white spaces before or afterwards) is not being set properly, as only serverside functions should be producing such a message

if you add echo("test" SPC player.account); within onCreated, press F2, go to 'scripts', and you see your account name, then you will know it is occurring clientside as it should be, if you just see "test " within remote control chat then it is definitely occurring serverside
i guess that may have been something i overlooked when i copied/pasted my code into another weapon, however simple as it may have been, thanks for the help everyone