Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Eating donuts all day.
Darkenedheart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Darkenedheart
So i have this gmap...

So i have this gmap from somewhere around late 2004 to early 2005 im guessing. It was a server originally owned by TalonShriner (TalonShriner),
and was constructed by him, Mr. Omega (Angel_Light), TheFox (TheFox), Jazz (oo_jazz_oo) and myself "Puggy (Darkenedheart)". The servers name is Niromia, so far it has a gmap that is 95 percent complete (i just want to turn the thing at the bottom left hand corner of the gmap into an island) and it has some dungeon levels and some insides. It is still indeed of close to 40 inside levels (not including potential dungeons). It was initially going to be a Zelda styled server with a pirate theme. But after about a year and a half of development the crew broke apart and Talon, and the fox left graal completely. So now i am itching to work on it once more, but i am looking for creative friends that will help me develop this further. If anyone is interested in helping out i have additional screenshots as we as close to 22 different weapons that we had made during our development time that i could post for examples.

So if anyone is interested please contact me on the forums or on MSN.
I personally made all of the dungeons and most of the outside levels.
And since then i have also gone on to become a novice pixel artist and if you would like to see of it just visit my homepage.

Thanks again

-Puggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Niromia2.png
Views:	322
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	49135  
Old 08-05-2009, 12:16 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Can you take a screenshot of the sandy mountain area on the middle-right? Those cliffs looks like they may be using Delteria's tiles...
Old 08-05-2009, 12:25 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
I don't see that style anywhere else on the map, so let's hope not.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Looks like a pretty cool map, good job on it.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Eating donuts all day.
Sorry it took me so long to reply to your post crono, was busy at with work and for some reason or another when i tried to take a screenshot in editor it came out all white. But finally here i have your pic, I believe the cliffs do have alot of delterian influence but I'm also fairly sure we are using them wrong....and i REALLY want to make shadow tiles because they just seem so tall and flat. D:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	graal_1249586606.png
Views:	155
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	49149  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Can you take a screenshot of the sandy mountain area on the middle-right? Those cliffs looks like they may be using Delteria's tiles...
Looks like an edit of the original version for the Delt cliff tiles. Ours are no longer that choppy of course, and a few pieces are missing in general.

I'm not overly concerned with that, though, since many UC servers have adapted tile perspectives similarly since Delteria first did it. Heck, a lot of level-making standards originated on Delteria anyway...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Theres a tile error in the upper left corner of the cliffs
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Eating donuts all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Looks like an edit of the original version for the Delt cliff tiles. Ours are no longer that choppy of course, and a few pieces are missing in general.

I'm not overly concerned with that, though, since many UC servers have adapted tile perspectives similarly since Delteria first did it. Heck, a lot of level-making standards originated on Delteria anyway...
Well, thats good to hear. I had somewhat assumed that we had not created an exact duplicate because the tiles were tricky to get used to for all of us. But thank you very much for waving your hand and allowing our little edit slid. =]

And @ Zues, a NPC goes there that i have not yet uploaded to the server xP
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenedheart View Post
Well, thats good to hear. I had somewhat assumed that we had not created an exact duplicate because the tiles were tricky to get used to for all of us. But thank you very much for waving your hand and allowing our little edit slid. =]
Haha, well slight cliff edits that were already based on the default tileset in the first place isn't something I'm going to get upset over, as that would just be silly.

The real problem for you, however, is that you now have an OW with conflicting landscape perspectives.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Eating donuts all day.
ooh trust me im working on that =x all of the other areas look great...to my biased eyes. oh and seeing Zues post reminded me that he once worked on Niromia, back in the good old days (granted the good old days may not have actually been so good, but all screenshots will reflect the initial statement of "good") And that spar arena has been gone from the server for like 2 years or more. =p
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	graal_1249588698.png
Views:	137
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	49150   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1154644987.png
Views:	128
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	49151  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
ooh trust me im working on that =x all of the other areas look great...to my biased eyes. oh and seeing Zues post reminded me that he once worked on Niromia, back in the good old days (granted the good old days may not have actually been so good, but all screenshots will reflect the initial statement of "good") And that spar arena has been gone from the server for like 2 years or more. =p
Lol yeah i remembered you . And im wayyyy hotter now
Old 08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But finally here i have your pic, I believe the cliffs do have alot of delterian influence but I'm also fairly sure we are using them wrong....and i REALLY want to make shadow tiles because they just seem so tall and flat. D:
Ah ok, was just checking to see if it was your own version or Delteria's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven
Heck, a lot of level-making standards originated on Delteria anyway...
Nah.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
so who is currently staff on this server?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
This gmap looks really interesting! It seems there is a lot of good use of cliffs against other terrain to make some fairly original (or at least, as I'm out of touch with Graal, some not over used elements).

It seems well planned so that there are few restrictions on walking around, while at the same time there are areas that could be restricted. The best thing about Zelda for me was walking around and seeing areas I was not yet able to get to, gives you some motivation to work towards gaining access!

Only issue is the fairly random lava waterfall, seems very out of place. Could be corrected if the whole area was a bit more volcano like - perhaps also some custom tiles if necessary for a patch of dark dried out lava near where the lava meets the sea!

Any more outside screenshots?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Eating donuts all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so who is currently staff on this server?
Currently, ME! and Nelm, once we can nail down a solid plan for this server; to answer your question.

And thank you for the compliment Spark, we did do alot of work on this gmap and it has numerous dungeons, as well as 2 or 3 gmap dungeons. And you are 100 percent right about seeing some things that are not often done, i am certain we have even created some original things that no one else has.

My next post ill put some pictures of some of our dungeons. But in these 3 pictures there are some things that i dont think i have seen any place else.
The first one is the village just to the right of the snow peak on the gmap and this is a village of people who live basically in the cliff with there crazy little half dirt houses.
The Second one is in the town on the far left with the wall around it, we decided it would be cool if it was slightly elevated/ lowered in some areas so we use smaller versions of the cliffs all around.
And the third is the lava part Spark mentioned. it is just above one of the main towns on the far left. And that is actually where we put our main mining station i personally have no idea why there is lava, BUT there used to be a large-ish mountain there so that might explain it. =x
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	graal_1249672763.png
Views:	124
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	49154   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1249672912.png
Views:	117
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	49155   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1249672936.png
Views:	122