Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readability analyzer
HARD: this text contains either long sentences and/or long or uncommon words. This implies a low readability index. By modifying the selection of words and the sentence lengths the readability can be easily improved.

AVERAGE: the difficulty of the text seems to be average. The majority of well-written content falls into this category.

EASY: This text is easy to read. Easy to read, well-written documents can be easily understood by audiences with any education level.
Average equals good, Rufus. You cannot expect all Graal users to be literary genii.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Average equals good, Rufus. You cannot expect all Graal users to be literary genii.
Quote:
HARD: this text contains either long sentences and/or long or uncommon words. This implies a low readability index. By modifying the selection of words and the sentence lengths the readability can be easily improved.
AVERAGE: the difficulty of the text seems to be average. The majority of well-written content falls into this category.
EASY: This text is easy to read. Easy to read, well-written documents can be easily understood by audiences with any education level.
There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be trying to look for a happy medium with their articles. That is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
This just in: Rufus and Pimmeh arguing about sentance structure and use of words.

Just as well Rufus.

"There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be potentially trying to look into a happy medium, which is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature."

Thats 2 sentances. The first one is way to long. Just as well, though, you use words I have trouble fitting into normal conversations. Words such as medium.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
This just in: Rufus and Pimmeh arguing about sentance structure and use of words.

Just as well Rufus.

"There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be potentially trying to look into a happy medium, which is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature."

Thats 2 sentances. The first one is way to long. Just as well, though, you use words I have trouble fitting into normal conversations. Words such as medium.
You said "just as well" twice you redundant prick.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You said "just as well" twice you redundant prick.
This also in: I lol'd.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

Just as well Rufus.

Well to be fair, you've made a couple of spelling and grammar errors when attempting to critique my post, but that's not what I'm trying to get across here. I'm not applying because I simply do not posses the ability to create entertaining articles that are readable for all education levels, and although I used this system when creating my University application (which was accepted by all 5 ) it took me a while to make. People that are applying for the position should very much take their spelling, grammar and readability of writing into consideration amongst the pleasantries.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Well to be fair, you've made a couple of spelling and grammar errors when attempting to critique my post, but that's not what I'm trying to get across here. I'm not applying because I simply do not posses the ability to create entertaining articles that are readable for all education levels, and although I used this system when creating my University application (which was accepted by all 5 ) it took me a while to make. People that are applying for the position should very much take their spelling, grammar and readability of writing into consideration amongst the pleasantries.
~Sentence.

I'm sorry! :P
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Instead of arguing here, why not use your language talents and go apply.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...play.php?f=209

I swear there isn't a topic on Graal that isn't argued to death for the sake of arguing.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Instead of arguing here, why not use your language talents and go apply.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...play.php?f=209

I swear there isn't a topic on Graal that isn't argued to death for the sake of arguing.
I'm the only one who hasn't applied and I've already stated why
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't really care about language, my English is not the best either. The problem is that everyone (with Gold, that's a few thousand) can post news on graal.net and those news will be put on the serverlist to show Graal players what interesting things are happening which they otherwise would miss if they don't log into each server each day or speak to people a half hour or more. People can already add the news but probably don't feel that their updates made to the server are worthy to be put in the news or they don't see it as important. But I often see that staff on servers are accomplishing quite great tasks and add nice stuff. I only see those things when I go on servers and speak to people though, so I probably don't see half of the things and so do most Graal players. The news admin should go on servers and find out what happened and post it on the news: events, new monsters or maps, new things in the planning. He/she can hire a team or motivate the server staff to post the news themself, as long as the news are posted and not forgotten.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't really care about language, my English is not the best either. The problem is that everyone (with Gold, that's a few thousand) can post news on graal.net and those news will be put on the serverlist to show Graal players what interesting things are happening which they otherwise would miss if they don't log into each server each day or speak to people a half hour or more. People can already add the news but probably don't feel that their updates made to the server are worthy to be put in the news or they don't see it as important. But I often see that staff on servers are accomplishing quite great tasks and add nice stuff. I only see those things when I go on servers and speak to people though, so I probably don't see half of the things and so do most Graal players. The news admin should go on servers and find out what happened and post it on the news: events, new monsters or maps, new things in the planning. He/she can hire a team or motivate the server staff to post the news themself, as long as the news are posted and not forgotten.
The language used in a news article reflects upon the game and and its professional credibility. Aside from that, the language also reflects the amount of people who can actually read a news article and the amount of people who will read a news article. If the articles are written badly, they're not going to be read, it's as simple as that.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I personally would like to see someone that can give descriptive, fun and interesting news posts than worry about whether they had missed a ( , ) or used theres instead of there's.

Some of my best lol's have been reading Stefans grammar errors. I'm sure there have been some horrified gasps at my own grammar or sentence structure.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I personally would like to see someone that can give descriptive, fun and interesting news posts than worry about whether they had missed a ( , ) or used theres instead of there's.
As the News Admin i'd expect this person to be able to filter out well written news articles that are both easy and enjoyable to read as opposed to cheeky ill-structured fruitfests of "WELCUM TO UN ^________^ (^) 2DAY WE UPDATED TH EPORT but it sanked =.=".
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

Some of my best lol's have been reading Stefans grammar errors. I'm sure there have been some horrified gasps at my own grammar or sentence structure.
Same here.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
As the News Admin i'd expect this person to be able to filter out well written news articles that are both easy and enjoyable to read as opposed to cheeky ill-structured fruitfests of "WELCUM TO UN ^________^ (^) 2DAY WE UPDATED TH EPORT but it sanked =.=".
Rofl, well, I wasn't saying they could be that bad. Those types of posts just burn holes in your eyes.

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news