Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Graal Freeroam Staff
KriosEthan is on a distinguished road
Gmap ive been working on

This is a gmap ive been working on for a while now.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
It looks amazing, good job man!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
It looks amazing, good job man!
Not the type of response I expected but thanks hopefully others will feel the same way.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
That's nice. Can you perhaps upload an image with better quality (if that's possible) so we can have a better look at it?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by emera View Post
that's nice. Can you perhaps upload an image with better quality (if that's possible) so we can have a better look at it?
nw2png ?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
looks nice, but doesn't look practical. I can't imagine people really leaving the first 3-4 levels, and certainly doubt the players will spread out to the desert area. Another thing is that you didn't include parking for a good portion of the buildings. One of the things I really like about Era's new map is that more parking was added to make it more realistic.

I'll edit this post if I can think of some more suggestions.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
looks nice, but doesn't look practical. I can't imagine people really leaving the first 3-4 levels, and certainly doubt the players will spread out to the desert area. Another thing is that you didn't include parking for a good portion of the buildings. One of the things I really like about Era's new map is that more parking was added to make it more realistic.

I'll edit this post if I can think of some more suggestions.
Thanks, I do see people leaving the first 3-4 levels and venturing out into the desert as well. There a lot left unexplained but I suppose it will be explained eventually. I will upload a better image sometime today.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Players will never leave a select few levels, that's no reason to not make the world larger than 3-4 levels though. I don't know why people keep bringing that up. Not to mention the fact that players don't flock to the area because of its content, but because of other factors(that really has nothing to do with the content, but they just want to be around other players). That doesn't mean the other parts of the world did not at one point have a purpose to the player... there's just little reason to idle in it.

Sometimes you just want to take an idea from your head that consists of a large, detailed world, and make it.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
I think it looks great, the beaches look like someone was messing with an etch n' sketch or something need to be a bit more rounded.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousPride View Post
I think it looks great, the beaches look like someone was messing with an etch n' sketch or something need to be a bit more rounded.
The beach is idk blah...I cba to keep messing with it, it always comes out looking weird on the map.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriosEthan View Post
The beach is idk blah...I cba to keep messing with it, it always comes out looking weird on the map.

Try jutting out parts like a peninsula. Add some differences rather than trying to keeping it square with slight alterations.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriosEthan View Post
i know that feel. just gotta keep practicing
Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, what crono said.. he's a VERY talented lat.. at least from what I've seen over the years..

Alot of times, it looks good up close, but on map it's odd.. next time you open graal, click on each of the servers and look at there map preview.. UN probably has a good example how to swirl the edges around and make it not so boxy..

Keep up the good work tho. Feel free to ask questions, and post more levels. We will try and help you out as much as we can.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Here are some updates to my gmap.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
And I thought that driving into cliff walls was a bad thing. Silly me.