Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Okay two people
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
The vast majority of the new ideas implemented on Classic regarding Questing, content density, content quality, single player experience, etc. by Thor were actually given to him by me. I hung around there at first as a Developer and at other times as a lobbyist attempting to help Graal for a better future, as I saw Classic as the only remaining hope. I am really really proud that Thor took my advice, and I do not claim to have done any of that work.

At the time when I was a developer for the server, there were no resources for developing Dungeons (no keys for doors, scarcely any quest-related classes) and I begged for years to get these scripted so I could develop the server the way it was originally intended. I got frustrated enough to give up and get a real life, but years later I did play through what that team had accomplished, and was very pleased.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
And we thank you for your help Kamaeru. The thing about Classic is that it was headed by Thor, but it was accomplished with multiple minor contributions from various developers. Some would be called in for one project and then do nothing else for the server again. Others were resident scripters, gani artists, and levellers. For the most part

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
That being said, you and your staff team must be pretty naive to think you have any creative control over the server. If Stefan were to say tomorrow that he was taking over Classic or putting someone in control, I doubt he would even consult the staff members who abandoned the project.
Thor is still Manager of the server. If Stefan wants to replace him that's on him but there is no real point seeing as how the server is dead in the water. If Stefan thinks he can bring back Classic then I will cooperate with him, if he is willing to cooperate with what is left of the server's community.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Racil is probably the most fitting person to continue Thor's revision of the server.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
Thor is still Manager of the server. If Stefan wants to replace him that's on him but there is no real point seeing as how the server is dead in the water. If Stefan thinks he can bring back Classic then I will cooperate with him, if he is willing to cooperate with what is left of the server's community.
You don't understand. Thor quit. You quit. The entire staff team quit. Just because you hold onto the position does not give you real power. If there is interest in Classic in the future, Stefan will be looking for people willing to work for him, not the other way around. You guys are gone, you just don't know it yet.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
Racil is probably the most fitting person to continue Thor's revision of the server.
agree
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
On the plus side, we won't have to see the shoddy hit detection anymore!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
cool thread
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Upload the pre-wipe classic.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
15 years later, I'm still here and Classic isn't. A bunch of us were kids when we were on classic, and now we're all old with businesses and families.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I don't mean staff, I mean players. Just because this group of staff lost hope doesn't mean everyone (players) have.
I believe it should stay discontinued; as a community member.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz