Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Valikorlia Main Forum > Hiring for Valikorlia
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Valikorlia is Hiring!

Valikorlia is Hiring!

Valikorlia is a role-playing server, which means that our main concern is creating a dynamic, exciting world that players can interact with in a very freeform manner. Because all the action is written by players and they have a large effect on the world, there are many unique concerns in managing it that are different from the average server's.
In trying to maintain a coherent world, it is important that we maintain certain guidelines to keep Valikorlia a place for roleplayers to really express themselves and create a coherent world. As an uploader, it is important that we keep in mind the setting and make sure that all player graphics are acceptable and appropriate.
It is also important to note that we hold our staff to a high standard; we expect our staff to behave professionally, cordially, and to perform their jobs to the best of their ability. Any abuse of staff power or privilege is not tolerated, and while we all like to have fun and just enjoy the game it is only possible when we maintain this high standard.

• Accountname
  • Nickname (What you usually go by, if applicable)
  • Time playing Graal (GENERAL)
  • Usual server(s) played
  • Have you been staff on any Graal server previously?
  • If so, what staff positions have you held and for how long?
  • Why would you like to work on Valikorlia?
  • In your own words, what is the job description for the position you are applying for?
  • What makes you suited to be a staff member on Valikorlia?
  • Either from your own experiences playing or from what you know, what is something you like about Valikorlia?
  • Similarly, what is one thing you do not like or simply might like to see change?
  • Tell us a little bit about yourself. You don't need to write a novel, just give us a little idea what you're like!
  • Is there anything else you would like to tell us?

If you would like to apply, please fill out this form and send it to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is February 10th, 2012. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Good luck to everyone!

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Last edited by NicoX; 01-30-2012 at 07:42 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Kingdoms Management
If you want to make your Application Public, then you can do it right here.
Thanks to all who already applied via e-Mail.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Steele 4 EVER!
Kalyssa is on a distinguished road
* Accountname
* Kalyssa

* Nickname (What you usually go by, if applicable)
* Kaly

* Time playing Graal (GENERAL)
* I'm usually online every evening except if I have something planned but it doesn't happen that much, and I'm also online everyday from my office though I can't afford to be in front of my computer all the time. (GMT)

* Usual server(s) played
* I mostly play Graal Kingdoms, I've been playing it for about 10 years now.

* Have you been staff on any Graal server previously?
* Yes, I used to do some event development for Rudora, Delteria, N-pulse, Atlantis, Shaded Legend when they all were on Classic tab. That's pretty much the only job I enjoyed since it was quite entertaining to create events.
* I also worked as GAT on N-pulse for a while but it's not as fun as Event Developer. Since those great servers went down the only staff position I applied for was ET on Era where I worked for about 2 months.

* Why would you like to work on Valikorlia?
* I like Valikorlia authentic roleplay style though it could be improved to be more actual in my opinion. As you know it is one of the only server with Unholy Nation and Era which made it through the past years
* and I think it makes this server very unique, in my opinion Valikorlia allways had a higher graphic standard and more professional staff than any other server which kept it from being crushed by all the upcoming servers.

* In your own words, what is the job description for the position you are applying for?
* Uploaders have to check if player submitted graphics that they wish to be added to the server and to make them available as quick as possible so the players can enjoy their graphics in-game.
* Another of the Uploaders role is to make sure that the graphics aren't "offensive" in any way and that they respect the standard of Valikorlia. I believe Uploaders also have to make sure that the graphics
* were properly made (transparency was set, etc...).

* What makes you suited to be a staff member on Valikorlia?
* I'm someone very mature and available. I believe I'm a reliable and entertaining person. I'm used to almost all the Remote Control functions, I used it a lot during my past staff experience.

* Either from your own experiences playing or from what you know, what is something you like about Valikorlia?
* As I said before I like Valikorlia "authentic' style, I think it's the only server which kept it's personality, all other servers went through a lot of change to fit with players requests and sadly it made them more attractive to kids which happened to be very annoying for us oldbies who grew up with Graal and expect a bit more of maturity from the community.

* Similarly, what is one thing you do not like or simply might like to see change?
* Back in time Valikorlia had a simple experience gain system which was quite fun in my opinion, I believe it could be a good thing to have it back.

* Tell us a little bit about yourself. You don't need to write a novel, just give us a little idea what you're like!
* Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
* I'm 24 years old, going 25 this year, I manage 2 company I created and developed on my own. Since my companies are running very well and that I have some people who work for me most of time I have some free time when I'm at my office and I wish I could use this time to help of my best with the server.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Fate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Fate Send a message via AIM to Fate
Fate's Valikorlia Application.

Account name: Fate

Nickname (What you usually go by, if applicable):

I've been known by several names: Fate, Fate Knight, and during my time in MHX I was also known as Turiel Hunter.

Time playing Graal (GENERAL):

I have 13 years of experience playing this game. I guess you can say I've grown up with it.

Usual server(s) played:

Until my recent return, I spent a lot of time on N-Pulse, Unholy Nation and Valikorlia.

Have you been staff on any Graal server previously?:

I've held staff positions on multiple servers.

If so, what staff positions have you held and for how long?:

I've been a staff member on Classic, N-Pulse, Graal 3000, Dolphonia and many other Classic servers from years past. It's been so many years that I can hardly recall all of my experience.

Why would you like to work on Valikorlia?:

I've been an avid fan of roleplaying since the early 2000's. I took the time to refine my craft by spending time roleplaying with my friend Bri (known on Valikorlia as Pamina.) I played several characters in my time, mostly supporting characters.

In recent years, I've contributed a lot of my own character blogs and in-game RP in World of Warcraft on the Wyrmrest Accord (US) server. For those interested, you can view most of my writing connected to my account on that site: http://wyrmrestaccord.net/users/arkanae

In your own words, what is the job description for the position you are applying for?:

As an uploader, I'd play a helpful role in aiding the other staff with lightening the work load on Valikorlia. I'd work to ensure that the graphics submitted are legitimate, meaning that they are unique works by the player and not infringing on someone else's work.

What makes you suited to be a staff member on Valikorlia?:

I've held plenty of staff positions for long periods of time and been a helpful member of the community for years. I also appreciate and understand the concept of roleplay, ranging from respecting different play styles and adhering characters I create to the lore of Valikorlia.

Either from your own experiences playing or from what you know, what is something you like about Valikorlia?:

It's the only server that I know of that supports a roleplaying community on Graal. It encourages creativity and community involvement from a writer's perspective. I think we can all benefit from helping each other improve our characters through story and plot development as well as constructive criticism.

Similarly, what is one thing you do not like or simply might like to see change?:

I'd really like to encourage more people to write for their characters and be able to share their stories with others. If you take a look at the WoW RP server community site I listed above, you will notice there is an active forum and plenty of character blogs to read. I'd love to see more of that in Valikorlia.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. You don't need to write a novel, just give us a little idea what you're like!:

My name's Steve. I'm 26, and I enjoy long walks on the beach... okay, seriously. I've been playing this game a long time and I've made many friends. Growing the community is important in a game like Graal, getting everyone to play by the rules and encourage each other to be more creative is something I try to inspire in others. I'm generally happy to help anyone who asks, and I'll teach people if they want to learn something I know about. I have a positive attitude and I try not to let negative people get me down. I believe in equal opportunity and I give everyone the same respect I'd want to have given to me.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us?:

I've been away from Graal for a long time, but I'm coming back and I want to get involved with the community again. I'm hoping to bring roleplay more to the forefront as my primary reason for being here. I'm looking forward to meeting with you all!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Kingdoms Management
Thanks to everyone who applied. We decided to hire Eliminnator for our Staff Team.
Congratulation.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.