Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM
i8bit is an unknown quantity at this point
Kick Starter Funding

So today I came across this website called KickStarter.

Developers can put there project on this website and people will donate money until they make goal and in return get something once development is finished.

All that aside, could you put your graal server on KickStarter and gain financial support without running into any legal problems seeing that your server is run off of graal?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal is just a platform/engine so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to. Just don't make backing bonuses you can't deliver on.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:51 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
You can try, but something tells me you'd be shutdown.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Isn't any graphics/code anything uploaded to a graal server property of whatever Graal company is calling it's self now? Toonslab?
I think that was in the EULA or something wasn't it?
Also pretty sure if you're putting a server on there which is part of Graalonline wouldn't work for you to earn money. Something Stefan would have to do most likely.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Maybe Stefan will read this so I can get a direct answer:

either: Yeah sure why not, or a no dumba**.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
graal online is a trademark yada yada yada
Old 07-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Sorting out a proper deal would be better...

50% of total funds earned might aswell go to eurocenter, the other half may be used for financing the server + salary for required developers, for instance

Old 07-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
That would have be cool, too bad nobody ever went down this path to get paid developers. PC graal might have had a different lifespan.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8bit View Post
Maybe Stefan will read this so I can get a direct answer:

either: Yeah sure why not, or a no dumba**.
why don't you email unixmad if you want an answer? he handles all the business.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
why don't you email unixmad if you want an answer? he handles all the business.
What's his email?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8bit View Post
What's his email?
[email protected]

source:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134262480
Old 07-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I sent out a long email to him.

As soon as I hear anything I'll keep everyone posted. (For those who care )
Old 07-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Oh... There is a small joke in our community about making money by developing graal.

http://www.valikorlia.com/forum/show...e-compensation

Basically Unixmad suggested that a foot up your ass is compensation enough for developing anything for Graal. I sincerely doubt they will feel you are entitled to any money for your time and energy.

That being said, you could always do this on the sly for a bit. I don't see any reason against subletting, to borrow a term, the game's structure. In that sense, it is no different than purchasing the rights to license a game engine.

And hey, if you're really successful, why not get off of this engine altogether, heh... NetGore is a pretty neat system, for example.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I don't see why make a server for graal to get nothing in return, even on iPhone u get little money if anything. I advise you to gain funds and get a engine built that you can Dev like graal does and make it a cross platform for all devices and launch your own game.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
I don't see why make a server for graal to get nothing in return, even on iPhone u get little money if anything. I advise you to gain funds and get a engine built that you can Dev like graal does and make it a cross platform for all devices and launch your own game.
I see. I'm pretty fluent in some other languages. I just wasn't sure what the legal side of this situation is..

Most likely I will take my development skills to another engine.

I was just curious
Closed Thread