Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I think it becomes a problem when Animated images start taking up to much unnecessary resources, especially those Big non-sense animated ones that are non-graal related. But that's just my opinion :o
So...

105 frame sig of graal is okay yet...

12 frames of something not graal isnt? Kinda 1 sided dontcha think?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
And my signature was Graal-related too!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
My opinion I said? I had no idea what Loriel signature was, And I wasn't speaking about anyone Specifically.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I know its your opinion. That was my own opinion.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
How does it not? You have the option of removing any and all distractions, and you have chosen that option like any intelligent person would in your situation. Many people would not be distracted by animated avatars or signatures, but those who are can follow the example you have set. For those who feel as though the problem is limited to a few users, they can disable their avatars through a program like Adblock, if they so choose. You basically just said "These avatars would distract me just like signatures do. PS, I blocked signatures easily and can also do so with animated avatars. But I still don't think anyone should have the option to see them if they would like." That is just plain bitter of you. If you have an option, everyone else should too.
Disabling avatars and sigs isn't unique to these forums -- I do it automatically on nearly every forum I sign up for.

Anyways, the point of my post was that I have to go the extra mile to make my forum experience better. Because you want a flashy/distracting avatar or sig, I can't have any avatars or sigs at all. If you could settle for expressing your bursting creativity in a single frame, we can all enjoy pretty avatars and entertaining sigs together.

Of course, I'm being philosophical here. I probably wouldn't enable avatars and sigs either way, which of course means you can go ahead and just forget you ever read this post. No need to quote me, either.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I think it becomes a problem when Animated images start taking up to much unnecessary resources
^This.
It's the size and/or data size. Not every forum user has a super fast internet line, so it takes time to load all those nice images.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
^This.
It's the size and/or data size. Not every forum user has a super fast internet line, so it takes time to load all those nice images.
I have crappy cable internet and I'm pro-animated avatars. If you've got dial-up the forums are way better to experience if you disable either signatures or avatars(or both) anyways. Don't be a masochist!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I have crappy cable internet and I'm pro-animated avatars. If you've got dial-up the forums are way better to experience if you disable either signatures or avatars(or both) anyways. Don't be a masochist!
I personal have no problems with sigs/avatars, but I also cannot disable them because of my job here.