Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Very true Stephen, its a no win situation.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Very true Stephen, its a no win situation.
Yeap. Admins get treated poorly for "ignoring" problems and some players / staff get ignored. Everyone loses, unfortunately the admins are made to look like the bad guys when they're volunteering their time to help make Graal a little better.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Former Manager of Val
WarriorCam will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WarriorCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Hm, so you say praying to God and not becoming in answer is the same thing mailing to the Support and not getting the answer x-x? Well..... Im done here I guess lol
Stefan works in mysterious ways
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yeap. Admins get treated poorly for "ignoring" problems and some players / staff get ignored. Everyone loses, unfortunately the admins are made to look like the bad guys when they're volunteering their time to help make Graal a little better.
Except when they focus their attention on the wrong things.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yea, if it's low priority it's going to get low priority treatment. Stefan logged on GK a few days ago to fix some glitched boats - which I really appreciated.

The problem with the whole administration is pretty simple - there are too few people. Too few to help with player support. Too few to help with server support. Too few to help with program issues. The result is that admins have no other choice but to ignore low priority problems... leaves a lot of people unhappy.
Agreed and so very true.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
linkrulz4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkrulz4
Considering it seems that majority managers now, especially after the downfall of classic subscriptions, are just narcissistic overly privileged teens or old as dirt players that won a popularity contest with no real development skills, I really doubt Stefan wants to hear from any of them. There isn't an honest system put in place to determine whether or not someone should be a "manager" of a server, thus they have no credentials or place in getting a VIP one-way red alert to the PWA team. Managers are and have always been to Stefan and Unixmad as just another kind of player. This is from their mouths to myself back when I had several RC's and dealt with them regularly. They're nothing special. They just can alter flags in their own little playground and feel important.

Considering most of them have never even cared to read the EULA or Rules of Conduct, or even follow them, that also really reinforces the issue of no one caring to listen to their every beck and call. If Graal ever gets a surefire way to apply as an official manager of a server, not based on time spent playing the game or how popular someone is, but by how ethical their decisions are and how much they can actually benefit the development cycle, with PWA involvement and possibly some contractual agreements, Stefan and Unixmad have all the more reason to delete emails and blow them off. Honestly, there hasn't been a real competent development team currently active on PC Graal for who knows how long that could potentially revive the game, sans some people on these forums (who are amazing at GS2, and you know who you are), so its not like anyone is really going to get their full attention (besides those people who are actually being innovative with GS2 on these forums).

If you want their attention, be a go-getter and generate some money for them without them having to hold your hand through it; act professional on and off client; know the EULA and the Rules of Conduct and enforce them properly without bias; revamp your application processes to be serious and treat RC like an actual job instead of a secret VIP chat room; then and only maybe then they'll talk to you regularly and answer those emails you think are super important and oh-so-vital to the survival of your server. That's what Zodiac was doing. They got pretty far with it. If you went on their RC, it looked like what you'd expect a console for a paid administration would look like on a much more successful MMORPG.

Also considering that the attention you guys want doesn't even happen for their cash-cow iOS variant of Graal, I highly doubt it's going to happen for the PC version. Classic servers get free hosting anyways, so it's not like they lose any money ignoring you.

I'm with Skyld at the beginning of this thread on this one.

Feel free to hate me for standing on a soap box. I don't care. I've seen this played out too much over the years too often to think nothing of what I said isn't fact.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I am a Manager that develops, therefore I am the 1%.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
linkrulz4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkrulz4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post

For those about to develop, we salute you.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkrulz4 View Post
stuff
++++rep
Old 09-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Who are you again?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's an idea. In the F7 playerlist, they can add another sublist called Globals. It would show all the online rcs/players apart of the global staff teams. I know you can just add them to your buddy list, but some globals have the option to hide themselves on othrr servers (sinkler, tig & xor if I'm not mistaken).

Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Here's an idea. In the F7 playerlist, they can add another sublist called Globals. It would show all the online rcs/players apart of the global staff teams. I know you can just add them to your buddy list, but some globals have the option to hide themselves on othrr servers (sinkler, tig & xor if I'm not mistaken).
This is a bad idea. They would get spammed so much that they'd stop logging on. Not sure about you, but I can't handle half of Graal PMing me while trying to resolve issues one at a time. The real solution is to add some method of keeping track of support issues, like the old support center. Any ticketing system would be better than what we have now.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
I would like to see more PWA Members, or atleast a support Team who is only handling the tickets.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Bj÷rn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Working.
TStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that the PWA should be actively looking to expand to become more versatile and such. However, from my personal experience anyway, the PWA regularly monitor there emails and respond hastily.

Naturally, the occasional email will slip through unnoticed by the team, but I believe in your case Nico your email must be either low priority and not worth the time nor effort. Or, as mentioned previously, your emails may be slipping through unnoticed. If something needs responding to urgently, I'm sure they'll reply. Of course, people are going to disagree here and I respect that. But my personal experience has been somewhat a positive one.

SHORT VERSION:
Hire more PWA and keep the current system of contacting Global Staff. (ie. emails, forum PMs, etc)
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
PWA's just need to be fitted with shock collars. A player presses a button and it goes off. Starts out mildly uncomfortable at first and then it's race to find out who needs help before it kills you.

Or I guess you could have a few more staffers to lighten the load.

Don Hertzfeldt <3