Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Not until text controls aren't grabbing input at 20fps.
Do you mean ones inside external windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
External windows are framebuffers. They are redrawn only when necessary, unlike the game window.
I agree that they don't feel native (although they are plenty fast, at least on Mac). I wish Stefan would use some native code for them instead of just using a poor mockery of native controls through some half-assed WBA theme. I think the opinion of the players is pretty clear.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Do you mean ones inside external windows?

I agree that they don't feel native (although they are plenty fast, at least on Mac). I wish Stefan would use some native code for them instead of just using a poor mockery of native controls through some half-assed WBA theme. I think the opinion of the players is pretty clear.
Window version doesn't feel fast at all, you can even tell when highlighting and such. It's definitely not even close to native and in fact feels like it's being processed at the games frame rate(20fps).
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Window version doesn't feel fast at all, you can even tell when highlighting and such. It's definitely not even close to native and in fact feels like it's being processed at the games frame rate(20fps).
Odd, highlighting feels almost completely normal on Mac. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I think it's about time for a client update.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Odd, highlighting feels almost completely normal on Mac. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I think it's about time for a client update.
At first I tried to record and compare between v6 and OS text controls, but between Camtasia only recording 30fps and my inability to slow it down that was a no go. But while I was watching the recorded video I was able to cap a frame that shows just how behind the text controls can be:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
You act like this is new, Skyld set your rights and your folders got erased. He also explained to us (with you), that someone touched the client rc and now its ****ed.
You act like he didn't post that two months ago.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I don't know and could careless.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
At first I tried to record and compare between v6 and OS text controls, but between Camtasia only recording 30fps and my inability to slow it down that was a no go. But while I was watching the recorded video I was able to cap a frame that shows just how behind the text controls can be:
The worse part is when you release the button outside the window, and your highlighted section messes up completely when your mouse enters the window. I've also had the same issue prevent me from typing past a highlighted section.

It's just an overall painful experience and why I'll never use internal RC beyond basic RC chat.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The worse part is when you release the button outside the window, and your highlighted section messes up completely when your mouse enters the window. I've also had the same issue prevent me from typing past a highlighted section.

It's just an overall painful experience and why I'll never use internal RC beyond basic RC chat.
Ya that is definitely the biggest problem currently. It makes it highlighting way more trouble than it ever should be.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Awesome
Troku is on a distinguished road
The thing I hate most about v6 is that you either have to have the player list in game covering part of the window, or you have it outside the game and counting as a second window on the windows start bar, which is infuriating. I want one graal button on my start bar, and I want my out-of-game playerlist to stay up whenever I have the game up. The v6 out of game playerlist acts as a secondary window that doesn't have to be up when the game is. You have to mouse over the root and then click the playerlist.

Frustrating.

V5
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/Graal/example.jpg

V6
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/Graal/example2.jpg

Last edited by Troku; 04-24-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Wolfey Xanadu
Wolfey will become famous soon enough
V6 freezes way to much for my liking...
30 Minutes is the max amount of time I can play graal on V6 on any server...

Not a comp issue, I can run GW1 & GW2(beta) at max settings with Graal V5, RC, & Graal Editor & itunes running at the same time with no problems at all.

Retired Developer
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfey View Post
Not a comp issue
If your computer can't handle v6 (or Graal in general), then yes, it is a computer issue in one way or another.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
If your computer can't handle v6 (or Graal in general), then yes, it is a computer issue in one way or another.
I think he means it's not a problem on his end. Which it still kind of is... but more importantly it means it's v6's problem.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
I think he means it's not a problem on his end. Which it still kind of is... but more importantly it means it's v6's problem.
It might mean that v6 has higher performance requirements than v5, but it's still a problem on his end. Doesn't matter if other games run better or not, considering all games have different hardware requirements. What's required to run GW at a high level might not be the same things that Graal requires the most of.

I haven't heard anything about v6 having increased performance requirements, other than from the usual bunch that seems to expect Graal to run smoothly on their laptops from 2000.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
It might mean that v6 has higher performance requirements than v5, but it's still a problem on his end. Doesn't matter if other games run better or not, considering all games have different hardware requirements. What's required to run GW at a high level might not be the same things that Graal requires the most of.

I haven't heard anything about v6 having increased performance requirements, other than from the usual bunch that seems to expect Graal to run smoothly on their laptops from 2000.
Typically any other high-end game will tax all the specs of a computer. So ya, if other games all run fine(including v5) except v6 then it's safe to assume that maybe v6 is the culprit. It's not like say, GW is only pushing his gpu to the limit. Sure other games have various specs, but should v6 really need higher specs than many other games on the current market? I don't think it should.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Typically any other high-end game will tax all the specs of a computer. So ya, if other games all run fine(including v5) except v6 then it's safe to assume that maybe v6 is the culprit. It's not like say, GW is only pushing his gpu to the limit. Sure other games have various specs, but should v6 really need higher specs than many other games on the current market? I don't think it should.
Maybe not, but considering the lack of complaints there's been on v6 performance, I think it's safe to say that something on his end is the culprit.