Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakaze View Post
No problem Mystic, but put it this way, why were you not productive? No assignments assigned to you? Nothing was being planned, nothing was getting released that was benefiting anyone BUT the staff. Castlewars was about finished I believe just no one was motivated to code it for the players. I mean come on everytime we have something FOR the players it never gets released, but the moment staff make something for themselves or staff beneficial IT'S RELEASED INSTANTANEOUSLY! This "noobie course and GMAP" that has been in the makes shouldn't have even been started in the first place, mainly because we need to get other things fixed, we need to focus on changing and fixing a majority of scripts on UN. There is sooo many scripts that are GS1 and a handful that are NOT working and need some structure.
Where will this mayhem end and the restructure and new beginning start -_-???
Castlewars was actually close to completion, both leveling and scripting. It won't be finished now though lol. As for assignments, aside from the noob course, I was asked about the thought of some redone tcpk with additional features, that didn't seem really necessary when first presented to me, but said I would be willing to do it if made proper, as she(Khyber) was still sorting some ideas out with Nullify, who was a former LAT on UN. He can fill in the blanks of that idea. I could go on with what Luca 'wanted' to do that he hasn't done, but I already explained myself enough. One was trying to rescript UN's sytems on dev, which has 'started' months ago.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 10-13-2010 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: last line typo
Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 AM
UN Levels Team Admin
Kamakaze is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Castlewars was actually close to completion, both leveling and scripting. It won't be finished now though lol. As for assignments, aside from the noob course, I was asked about the thought of some redone tcpk with additional features, that didn't seem really necessary when first presented to me, but said I would be willing to do it if made proper, as she(Khyber) was still sorting some ideas out with Nullify, who was a former LAT on UN. He can fill in the blanks of that idea. I could go on with what Luca 'wanted' to do that he hasn't done, but I already explained myself enough. One was trying to rescript UN's sytems on dev,
I know that Castlewars was pretty much done, just needed some finishing touches, why you were fired for "not working on it" when it was technically finished is a mystery. A new TCPK?!?! Didn't we just get a new one? I believe we did not too long ago, that can wait, that is the LAST thing we need right now. We need to focus on player needs, and getting things fixed, it would benefit more to do that, then put that aside and make pointless crap and NPCs.
But like Mystic said, I've explained myself enough here, lets just hope that someone sees this and acts on it, because this is getting outrageous of the lack of concern on UN!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Haha, can't believe how long it took to get an option to hide forums on login. So ****ing ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakaze View Post
But like Mystic said, I've explained myself enough here, lets just hope that someone sees this and acts on it, because this is getting outrageous of the lack of concern on UN!
Wouldn't It make more sense to be the voice for the server's players and say something to someone who can?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Wouldn't It make more sense to be the voice for the server's players and say something to someone who can?
global staff read these forums, so essentially this is a good representation.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I think this has a lot less to do with friendship groups more-so a lack of enthusiasm and direction given with projects. If you believe in your project (and are motivated about the direction you're aiming towards) I see no reason why people wouldn't stay engaged by that. If you're assigning people monotonous crap and expecting them to just do it then there's little going to come out of it, unless that person is motivated elsewhere. On this server it seems that Graal politics is the only kind of motivation that is employed. Attitudes are infectious, drama-free, and project-leaders really need to take advantage of that.
the attitude is what i was also speaking of. if you play favoritism in terms of freedom to develop towards your friends, and treat others as mere robots to complete mundane tasks, then naturally you won't stay engaged, and the development won't take place
Old 10-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
I wont address everything in this thread, as much of it would be arguing over hearsay. What I will answer are a few inaccuracies and misrepresented opinions. Kevin, your claims are not completely accurate. I did in fact not want trials to play in events, as that was a talked about metric for removing observer mode. Allowing trials to play in events was thus counterproductive. As far as the poll is concerned, I did not believe there was a way in which you could make the poll biased, nor did I think you could fix the poll. I only told you from the beginning the poll asked about people with 13 hearts, and not trials specifically. The only issue I had about people with 13 hearts was that trials were less likely to have all hearts and swords/shields, which is what I explained to you at the time. Regardless, the decision on something which could impact the server in a large magnitude such as this, would not go to the ETA nor ET Dev Admin, it would go to the Manager. You even state yourself you asked Gamerkid, so to say you thought it should be up to you and Allona was contradictory to that fact. However, as this was being worked on before I became Manager, I was unaware of the plan to remove observer mode. As PR Manager I was never consulted by Gamerkid, and thusly was never informed. Also, I never attempted to get the ban put back on trials, this is misrepresentation.

As for the forums, I have told you more than once, you should have asked before unilaterally deciding to change such an important system. As I told you at the time, the forums are how we spread server news to the players, and you should have at the minimum, asked if it was ok before implementing the change. Not doing so left me questioning how you attained those rights. I see nothing wrong with that, though, as I am the Manager, and should know how you attained them. As Hiro said, UN has been plagued with friends giving rights to friends for no reason since long before you played here, and it was a earnest concern. Anyhow, our issues go deeper than that. You had a valid reason to be upset when you quit the first time, but quitting because Luca took your rights to levels was not the correct way to handle the issue. As soon as I would have logged on I would have corrected the issue and spoken to Luca about it. When I spoke to you again, you were set in your demands.

I consulted the other Admins, and we came to an agreement that it would be counterproductive to hire you again, especially after quitting over something minor like Luca removing your level rights for 1 day. This being said, if you had any issues, or have any issues, you could always come to me. Instead, you choose not to speak to me unless you are directing something my way in masses or in the forums. I was not made aware you felt alienated on RC until long after you quit, and it wasn't even you who let me know, it was Door. I had been joking with you on RC, and was unaware you were taking me seriously, and thus I am at fault. It's something that I have been working on.

I don't want to make excuses. I have no reason to, I just want to inform you guys why things have been slow as of late. When I took over from Gamerkid, about half of the active staff members quit UN. This was the first of many hurdles I have been working on in this last month and a half. Yes, it has only been about a month and a half since I became Manager, especially when factoring in I had to leave for a wedding shortly after. I have been working hard to get the team in order since coming back. When Kevin quit, a lot of animosity was left on RC. I think a lot of people forgot that Kevin quit of his own accord, and was not fired. This was only one of many large disputes I dealt with since becoming Manager.

When I made Mystic LAT Admin, it was solely because Khyber had been inactive for a month. I felt that not only was Mystic more active, but that he could lead the team better. This lead to Khyber starting a fight with me, and later Mystic about why I should hire her back. My entire time as Manager has been full of these arguments. Every decision I made, I had 5 or 6 people tell me it was wrong. I was not used to that at the time. I have adjusted since then, and know better how to deal with situations like that. It was a trial and error process. When I was nice to everyone, people did not work. When I threatened people, they did not work, and were angry. Nobody walks into the Management position knowing exactly what to expect, that I can attest to.

In my time as Manager I have learned quite a bit already. I learned from our most recent hiring that there is a lack of interest in developing for Unholy Nation currently. This is something that I have to change as Manager, and I promise I will be working on. If we have developers, we can create new things.

This leads me to my next point. What is it exactly that the players of Unholy Nation wish to see? I have my own ideas, of course, but that is only 1 players idea. We all play this game, and should all have a say in it. That was my purpose in creating the UN Suggestions Thread "Idea of the Month". Unfortunately, it did not fill up with tons of lovely ideas. Regardless, I challenge each and every one of you to really think of what you would like to see on UN, and suggest it. I am always open to suggestion, criticism or even a 'Hey what's up?'. You can PM me, you can send me a forum message here or on the in-game forums. I do not ignore PMs, nor do I ignore messages, and I will respond to you as soon as I see the message there. I want you guys to suggest meaningful things though. If you say 'content', say what kind you think would be fun. I am a player, same as you, and would love to see new and interesting things going on to make this game even better than it has ever been before.

This is actually the second time I typed this message, so I may have forgotten some things. I would like to finish this with this though:
I feel that our team has gotten stronger. There is less bickering on RC than when Kevin and Mystic were staff, and I hope that it only gets better from here. I promise I will work on the things I feel are necessary, but I also implore you to take an active part in this as well. I feel as though miscommunication, and lack of communication are 2 of the things that have caused much of the server's issues as of late. I am increasing communication with the staff, and now need to do the same with the players.

I know I am not perfect, and I am working on myself to become a better Manager. I need help in knowing what it is you want as players, though. If I fill the server up with nothing but my own ideas, I wont be doing anything better than past managements have done. I want to set measurable goals, and attain them. This wont be a process that will fix itself in only a month, though, so please bear with me. In the meantime, we have some projects going on while I try and attract more development staff. I hope you all look forward to the new Halloween content that should be released within the next 2 weeks, in order to allow Halloween to last a few days, in classic UN fashion.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
I wont address everything in this thread, as much of it would be arguing over hearsay. What I will answer are a few inaccuracies and misrepresented opinions. Kevin, your claims are not completely accurate. I did in fact not want trials to play in events, as that was a talked about metric for removing observer mode. Allowing trials to play in events was thus counterproductive. As far as the poll is concerned, I did not believe there was a way in which you could make the poll biased, nor did I think you could fix the poll. I only told you from the beginning the poll asked about people with 13 hearts, and not trials specifically. The only issue I had about people with 13 hearts was that trials were less likely to have all hearts and swords/shields, which is what I explained to you at the time. Regardless, the decision on something which could impact the server in a large magnitude such as this, would not go to the ETA nor ET Dev Admin, it would go to the Manager. You even state yourself you asked Gamerkid, so to say you thought it should be up to you and Allona was contradictory to that fact. However, as this was being worked on before I became Manager, I was unaware of the plan to remove observer mode. As PR Manager I was never consulted by Gamerkid, and thusly was never informed. Also, I never attempted to get the ban put back on trials, this is misrepresentation
And when I said why not prevent all players without 13 hearts and level 3 shield and sword from playing, you said no, only prevent Trials who meet that criteria from playing.

Quote:
As for the forums, I have told you more than once, you should have asked before unilaterally deciding to change such an important system. As I told you at the time, the forums are how we spread server news to the players, and you should have at the minimum, asked if it was ok before implementing the change. Not doing so left me questioning how you attained those rights. I see nothing wrong with that, though, as I am the Manager, and should know how you attained them. As Hiro said, UN has been plagued with friends giving rights to friends for no reason since long before you played here, and it was a earnest concern. Anyhow, our issues go deeper than that. You had a valid reason to be upset when you quit the first time, but quitting because Luca took your rights to levels was not the correct way to handle the issue. As soon as I would have logged on I would have corrected the issue and spoken to Luca about it. When I spoke to you again, you were set in your demands.

I consulted the other Admins, and we came to an agreement that it would be counterproductive to hire you again, especially after quitting over something minor like Luca removing your level rights for 1 day. This being said, if you had any issues, or have any issues, you could always come to me. Instead, you choose not to speak to me unless you are directing something my way in masses or in the forums. I was not made aware you felt alienated on RC until long after you quit, and it wasn't even you who let me know, it was Door. I had been joking with you on RC, and was unaware you were taking me seriously, and thus I am at fault. It's something that I have been working on.
Please do not pretend to understand everything that occurred that lead me to decide to leave.

I have already introduced other reasons behind why I chose to left in this thread that I did not share with you upon departure, E.G. Your general lack of professionalism in publicly critiquing staff members in front of other staff and players.

Quote:
There is less bickering on RC than when Kevin and Mystic were staff, and I hope that it only gets better from here.
Correlation does not imply causation. It would be ridiculous to imply that my presence or departure would have a significant impact on bickering considering I rarely participated in any RC chat up until around the time of my departure.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
And when I said why not prevent all players without 13 hearts and level 3 shield and sword from playing, you said no, only prevent Trials who meet that criteria from playing.
As I said, preventing trials from playing events was part of removing Observer mode. It would not matter how many hearts they had.

Quote:
Please do not pretend to understand everything that occurred that lead me to decide to leave.

I would not even attempt to act as though I understand everything that caused you to quit. The only things I know are things you personally presented to me, and things told to me that you supposedly said.

Quote:
Correlation does not imply causation. It would be ridiculous to imply that my presence or departure would have a significant impact on bickering considering I rarely participated in any RC chat up until around the time of my departure.
I did not intend imply that you and mystic not being on RC would have anything to do with RC being less hostile, only that the both of you would not know the current state of RC, only the state at your departures.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
As I said, preventing trials from playing events was part of removing Observer mode. It would not matter how many hearts they had.
I can't believe this idea would even be entertained, since the removal of observer mode and being unable to play events would practically make the server pointless. The server has much of its game play value invested in events, and if players can't experience those events, there is little left to do.

Quote:
I would not even attempt to act as though I understand everything that caused you to quit. The only things I know are things you personally presented to me, and things told to me that you supposedly said.
What I told you and how I told you you could bring about my return was intended to be a concise list that would have, for the most part, solved the issues I had with your managerial style.

You chose not to accept my proposal and that is your prerogative, but I would prefer you not try to tell people I left Unholy Nation simply because I was not given a developer tag. I can't imagine any prospective worker on Unholy Nation would be appreciative of the idea that should they choose to no longer work for the server, the management will try to fudge both their intentions and reasons for departure.

Quote:
I did not intend imply that you and mystic not being on RC would have anything to do with RC being less hostile, only that the both of you would not know the current state of RC, only the state at your departures.
Even if you did not intend it, your vague wording implied it.

Quote:
I consulted the other Admins, and we came to an agreement that it would be counterproductive to hire you again, especially after quitting over something minor like Luca removing your level rights for 1 day.
I also do not appreciate this misrepresentation because we are both fully aware that this was not a one day thing. This occurred several times over several days on what I can only assume was pure whim or to satisfy some political issue, since the past 3 management reigns seem to have been dominated by politicking rather than actually working.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Prince
Quote:
When I threatened people, they did not work, and were angry.
Finally someone who actually sees it in the correct light. I was literally threatened by Khyber/Luca for a month to finish CW, with no offer to help (mostly with scripting). I'm sorry, I can only relate to my problems here as I don't know other staffs issues.
Quote:
Honestly, I find that hard to believe, and if so, would expect it subject to change after the staff realize UN isn't going anywhere in it's current dev direction.

The problem with UN is getting ridiculous. Who would have known the PWA enforcing a management change to someone who was not ready some months ago would have a horrible aftermath.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-13-2010, 05:39 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
ive been harassing this khyber or w/e since she was hired, she still hasn't shown me a single level she's made :I
Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
UN Levels Team Admin
Kamakaze is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Honestly, I find that hard to believe, and if so, would expect it subject to change after the staff realize UN isn't going anywhere in it's current dev direction.

The problem with UN is getting ridiculous. Who would have known the PWA enforcing a management change to someone who was not ready some months ago would have a horrible aftermath.
this
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
ive been harassing this khyber or w/e since she was hired, she still hasn't shown me a single level she's made :I
damulucky
Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
i knew