Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
4 Years of being stagnant

I hope you're happy Master Storm and co. You've had 4 years to make progress and it's actually gone backwards. How did you do it? I didn't even know that was possible, it really is astonishing. Abysmal playercount, awful hit detection and clueless staff are just a few of the hundreds problems on Classic right now, I can't list them all as Christmas is coming.

Classic could literally be weeks away from being removed, yet it's getting even worse. I hope you're pleased with it, Storm. It's pretty much all your fault in my opinion and probably not mine alone. You've had 4 years, tell us your excuse and how you can justify 4 years of nothing.

On Classic we have a Hit Detection which can't detect hits. We have had more movement systems than quests. The quests that have been released have been sub-par at best and redone a few times I think too. Really don't deserve any players, can you blame us for playing elsewhere?

Some of us have expressed how we feel already yet it seems it just falls on deaf ears. This thread is going to be for people to write in how they feel about Classic and the direction it's going in. Staff and Developers of Classic take note.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
ive been hiding this for some time but, i honestly think master storm want classic to die . no matter what we say , he doesnt give a sht. And i really think the staff there are not even giving their 100% to make classic update , wtf is this joke releasing a dumb npc called love , all its does is put heart on top of your head , were you working on that for past months?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:39 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Of course Storm doesn't want the server to die. I'll agree that he has been partly to blame for its current state due to his indecisiveness, but you can't put all the fault on his shoulders. Look at the LAT team, they've spent the last years trying to one up their predecessors, erasing some good work and potential quests. Add to that the whole division was in complete chaos, there was no communication with any other person so it took weeks instead of days to complete simple projects. I'll even take part of the blame, I spent all these years criticizing the teams without really offering my abilities to help out (the times I held a position, I was in it merely to work on my own projects, and I'd submit my scraps as work).

Right now they've got someone in place who is actually doing something for a change. I've talked to Thor on a few issues, and he and whoever is on his team seems to be willing to reach a middle ground between the newbies asking for new content, and the oldbies demanding everything be left how it was. Hell, he is even open to player created quests (or thats what I was lead to believe) which I'm willing to do. If you feel Classic has been wronged, why don't you get off your collective asses and work on something to help redeem the server?
Old 02-15-2009, 04:04 AM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
The "new" HD is appauling.
I get flawed in some spars and cannot hit anyone in CTF.
It is an absolute joke and I hope it gets removed as soon as possible. This is not a HD, it is a mockery of Classic and everything about the server.

The HD is supposed to be the most important part of Classic; since that is what you predominantly do on the server: Spar, PK, and events. Clearly this is not the case as it is not taking into account the majority feeling of the change, (90% are not happy with the new HD. Click source: HERE )

If pretty much everyone (excluding who made it) hates the HD, then they won't play the server. Simple. That explains why Classic's playercount has decreased all of a sudden, and won't get back up until this HD is sorted out because without the HD the server is virtually unplayable.

I agree with Xaphan's post entirely. Along with Xaphan (although a bit earlier) I started Graal/Classic 4-5 years ago, and I've seen the changes it's gone through, and I've seen the failures that have come and gone, but Storm has been the center of it all and has focussed on his "life" more than Classic, his care factor wasn't there or else he would've left his position long ago - someone else which was more active would have taken his spot and fixed things, made better decisions, hired people who aren't idiots and make Classic go in the right direction.

Over the past 5 years I've seen virtually no change in Classic, there have been no quests or anything major. It's always been tiny minor releases which have made the players angry, frustrated and made them realise that over the past half-decade there has been nothing major added. So what have they been doing all this time?! created a crappy unplayable HD, that's what.

The problem with Classic is that it's stuck between it being unable to go back in time and be the same as the successful Graal2001 version it was back in the day but also not with the current times. It's stuck inbetween those two eras and failing at being either one.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I'll agree that he has been partly to blame for its current state due to his indecisiveness, but you can't put all the fault on his shoulders. Look at the LAT team, they've spent the last years trying to one up their predecessors, erasing some good work and potential quests. Add to that the whole division was in complete chaos, there was no communication with any other person so it took weeks instead of days to complete simple projects. I'll even take part of the blame, I spent all these years criticizing the teams without really offering my abilities to help out (the times I held a position, I was in it merely to work on my own projects, and I'd submit my scraps as work).

Right now they've got someone in place who is actually doing something for a change. I've talked to Thor on a few issues, and he and whoever is on his team seems to be willing to reach a middle ground between the newbies asking for new content, and the oldbies demanding everything be left how it was. Hell, he is even open to player created quests (or thats what I was lead to believe) which I'm willing to do. If you feel Classic has been wronged, why don't you get off your collective asses and work on something to help redeem the server?
You have got to be kidding. The two people who have posted in this thread above you are players of the server and have been regular and consistent players for years. They have stuck through the crap, unlike the rest of you older players who come in every couple of months and decide to give your opinion. These people are players, not developers and as far as I know they have no development capabilities nor should they need them. The point of the thread was pretty obviously outlining the regression within recent years alone. It really has little to do with Massokre or Hell Raven, because these players played through those times and it isn't built up angst originating from those ex staff members. They've got someone in who is doing something? Yeah, regressing it more and adding crappy replacements or incentives to log on.

Within nearly a year we've had two quests, bowling, a new hit detection, and the recently added map system. We had the hearts already, we had the Knife of Fiends already, so all we really gained out of the exhausting content was the hammer, which was scripted back when Massokre was around. We had a hit detection, but now because it has completely changed the regulars can't enjoy the regular activities they did and it really is not a case of adjusting. Bowling was terribly made and I've already explained that, and the map system is something that is terribly easy to do, so really what is positively coming out of this? It's pretty much all regression of content like what was said in the opening post.

Players should not have to develop to enjoy the activities they were doing for years while the staff teams ****ed around, they should be playing with consistency.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
If you feel Classic has been wronged, why don't you get off your collective asses and work on something to help redeem the server?
Sorry, but Graal is advertised as a game, and to the average player, they should never have to worry about 'helping' a server be fun.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:38 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Sorry, but Graal is advertised as a game, and to the average player, they should never have to worry about 'helping' a server be fun.
if they want to have fun they shouldn't be playing a server under development. Complaining about this is only a waste of energy, if you truely want something done, you can lend a hand.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
if they want to have fun they shouldn't be playing a server under development. Complaining about this is only a waste of energy, if you truely want something done, you can lend a hand.
What are you talking about? Server under development? Any server on the Cclassic list is not 'under development'. It's there as a representative server of Graal and should be treated as such. People have to pay for access to the classic servers, so they're paying for Classic as well. If it's under development it should be an UC server that's not on the main list.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:50 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What are you talking about? Server under development? Any server on the Cclassic list is not 'under development'. It's there as a representative server of Graal and should be treated as such. People have to pay for access to the classic servers, so they're paying for Classic as well. If it's under development it should be an UC server that's not on the main list.
You're just arguing semantics. You and I both know the server is under development. If you're arguing that it should be hidden while it is in development, then you'll have no objections from me, but trying to argue its current status based on where it is listed seems stupid, and I won't accept that as an arguement.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Quote:
You're just arguing semantics. You and I both know the server is under development. If you're arguing that it should be hidden while it is in development, then you'll have no objections from me, but trying to argue its current status based on where it is listed seems stupid, and I won't accept that as an arguement.
Online servers are always being developed. Always additions, always fixes, that does not mean they are 'under development'. Now, I agree, Classic seems to be more under development than being a live developing server... but that is no players responsibility. As long as it is on the classic server list it should not be recognized as under development. So you can especially not claim that to players who are paying for access to it. You have to think about how a new player, who has never browsed the forums or ever heard of Graal is going to see things. They try out Graal, see a list of servers to try out and log on Classic. It does not mention 'under development' anywhere. Oh no, their 4 whole ****ing hours of observer time has ran out, but they want to see more so they pay for an upgrade. They have no idea they're paying for a server that is under development until they really start getting into things and seeing how much of a true mess Classic is.

Sorry, but Graal is a game foremost as well as a business. If people are having to pay for access to this game, they should never have to worry about needing to develop to actually have fun on it. As far as it appears now, Classic is one of the servers that represents the Graal business model, and will be treated as such until someone wises up and removes it.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Hey Stefan, just curious..do you ever read these threads?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
i cant imagine how fun classic events would be with the default hd
Old 02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Hey Stefan, just curious..do you ever read these threads?
Why would he care?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Mighty is on a distinguished road
I'd hate to see this but I think Classic needs to be moved from the server list to UC but still being accessible by non gold members (wich I'm sure is possible) so it doesn't prevent players and those who want to develop from logging in. Although I'm afraid if it were to be moved that it wouldn't come back + that it would take a lot of time and I'm not refering to quality but haven't you noticed we've only had two developers for a long time. Those of you with development skill who complain or really want to see something happend to Classic why don't you help them. As far as I know pretty much all the latest releases has been made by Thor alone who actually deserves credit. He didn't give up like many other, he keeps going even though many of you give him a lot of crap. Sure some releases are to be argueable and wrong if you believe so but what do you really expect from a two-man/one man team.

Back to the moving part. Once there is enough new good content, announce it and then move it back. I believe this would bring a far much bigger playercount than there has been lately.

Imagine the server being "gone" for a while and then brought back, once back you read about it and would of course log on to check it out. Then you notice a major release like for example a full player-reset wich would make events etc more competetive, a start with level1 sword, 3 hearts and your the way to quest up to what we currently have.

I don't know about you but I'd find it very interesting. A release like what I stated as an example might not need the server being removed though, I don't know, but it's important that it all gets released together.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
I'd hate to see this but I think Classic needs to be moved from the server list to UC but still being accessible by non gold members (wich I'm sure is possible) so it doesn't prevent players and those who want to develop from logging in. Although I'm afraid if it were to be moved that it wouldn't come back + that it would take a lot of time and I'm not refering to quality but haven't you noticed we've only had two developers for a long time. Those of you with development skill who complain or really want to see something happend to Classic why don't you help them. As far as I know pretty much all the latest releases has been made by Thor alone who actually deserves credit. He didn't give up like many other, he keeps going even though many of you give him a lot of crap. Sure some releases are to be argueable and wrong if you believe so but what do you really expect from a two-man/one man team.

Back to the moving part. Once there is enough new good content, announce it and then move it back. I believe this would bring a far much bigger playercount than there has been lately.

Imagine the server being "gone" for a while and then brought back, once back you read about it and would of course log on to check it out. Then you notice a major release like for example a full player-reset wich would make events etc more competetive, a start with level1 sword, 3 hearts and your the way to quest up to what we currently have.

I don't know about you but I'd find it very interesting. A release like what I stated as an example might not need the server being removed though, I don't know, but it's important that it all gets released together.

id find it interesting too but you know that if the server is moved to UC its will still be dead even after its come back . yet i dont think its would come back. Still the level 1 sword and 3hp is a good idea. And to answer maximus first post , why dont YOU go and help the server? i never saw you help it , all you do is shttalk about us sitting on ours a**. if i had any experience i would go and help classic dev , but i have none , surprising? i dont thing so. and for someone that log on classic once in a month , i dont think you have right to say anything about us.

about the hd , i think your right kill , even in ctf sumo people can hardly hit me in the water , ask mystic i turned around him for about 10 seconds before he hit me in the water. And about all these polls , 90% are just useless.

Last edited by xnervNATx; 02-15-2009 at 03:52 PM..