Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
New Problem :(!

Ok, with the new version the level loading speed on my Geforce 7600GT (AGP8X) was improved A LOT but theres a new problem..

Graal is being very choppy. Sometimes it will freeze for a second. This happens on all servers, both inside levels and on GMAPs. I'm running desktop @ 1024 x 768. But...if I go fullscreen at the same resolution the choppyness increases dramatically.

I've tried bitmap font on and off with no difference and "wait for vertical blank" is always off.

Fix please !

Videos will be up soon.

Last edited by Crono; 12-22-2006 at 01:37 AM..
Old 12-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
I can't even log on graal, it freeze on the start window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 12-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
I can't even log on graal, it freeze on the start window.
It did this for me too...until I realized my password wasn't there anymore heh. Make sure your password is there, because when I updated it was removed and I didn't realize it until like 5-10 minutes afterwards.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
The p/w is here :[.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Eh, no responses from Stefan? =[
Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 AM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
Could you get those videos on here? Maybe a screenshot of task manager, too.

I can't get any skipping from doing what you've said, even at higher resolutions. Both "desktop" and fullscreen work about the same for me (see this picture), though it does spike a little more in fullscreen. In that picture, I was moving around the gmap on Unholy Nation for about 5-10 seconds each. Does it happen in smaller resolutions in fullscreen, like 640 x 480? Check task manager for any programs that are using your CPU up, and also try raising Graal's priority since you can't view task manager while in fullscreen (maybe you have a program that doesn't like Graal being in fullscreen).
Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
What does "sometimes" mean: does it happen each few seconds or when there are new players or similar?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What does "sometimes" mean: does it happen each few seconds or when there are new players or similar?
New players and similar. And I think the map is taking longer to load? I'm not sure. But the game is freezing less often than when it first updated, but it's still significantly slower than before in terms of going into a level with a decent amount of players.

Even Zone's dropship stuttered a little for me.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but before my mouse drivers always detected graal as a "game" (of course...) and turned off mouse sensitivity. However now it isn't doing that sometimes at random. o_O
Old 12-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Sorry for double post but yeah, the problem is loading players.

Also there are some issues on Zone, I'll make a seperate thread for that.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok the problem is now worse, I have no idea why but when I was playing Zodiac the client itself was freezing far too often. Usually for 1-2 second intervals. I THINK it may have to do with new graphics showing up but I'm not too sure.

Stefan, maybe you can try installing a fresh copy of Graal on a computer with an nvidia graphic card (and latest drivers of course) and try running around servers?

This problem did not happen before you fixed the level loading times. The fix did make levels load much quicker, but then this new problem came.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Is anyone else having that problem?
Freezing can also have other causes, like problems with the sound driver or a slow hard drive
Old 01-14-2007, 01:19 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I used to be lag-less, and now all of a sudden during spars I freeze randomly for a few seconds and it's quite annoying.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Is anyone else having that problem?
Freezing can also have other causes, like problems with the sound driver or a slow hard drive
I have a 7200RPM 8MB Cache Seagate Barracuda 200GB.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

Note that I haven't changed any hardware since the update, it was fine before but after the update it started this.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Arann will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
I have a 7200RPM 8MB Cache Seagate Barracuda 200GB.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

Note that I haven't changed any hardware since the update, it was fine before but after the update it started this.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Wow, Graal runs superb on my 128mb graphics card lol...