Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Feonix Feonix is offline
****in' Allstar
Feonix's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 592
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix Send a message via Skype™ to Feonix
izone sucks, just the idea of making it apart of era is retarded
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 AM
GoDoT GoDoT is offline
Coder
GoDoT's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Level Editor
Posts: 37
GoDoT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoDoT Send a message via Skype™ to GoDoT
http://www.graalians.com/forums/show...67&postcount=1
__________________
Origumu Godu (Forge)
iZone Levels Team
Email: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
dude2020 dude2020 is offline
Führer Glazey
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,417
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonix View Post
forgot login info
Jew.

iZone does blow though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM
ReptarKingOfTheOZone ReptarKingOfTheOZone is offline
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 241
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post


Only video I've found on it.

This version, has been said by Stefan, will eventually be on all three platforms as one entity. I really wish they stuck with PC Zone, had a nice community. Nothing really needed fixing except
management.


Edit: Aaaaaand double confirmation on that. Stefan and Codein plan on replacing Zone with iZone.
that game looks better than zone, but has none of the qualities that made zone unique and fun in its beginning.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
scriptless scriptless is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N-Pulse
Posts: 1,412
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
that game looks better than zone, but has none of the qualities that made zone unique and fun in its beginning.
Such as?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
that is some awful dubstep
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Draenin Draenin is offline
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bermuda Triangle
Posts: 6,790
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
I don't entirely understand what made Zone get royally screwed up to begin with.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:51 AM
papajchris papajchris is offline
Zeus Condero
papajchris's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,600
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
it use to be fun, but i think that was mainly the new facto
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I don't entirely understand what made Zone get royally screwed up to begin with.
started with stricter trial restrictions and was finished off by the release of v6
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM
ReptarKingOfTheOZone ReptarKingOfTheOZone is offline
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 241
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Such as?
yet to find another game with the same fighting style as zone, using mouse to aim and shoot is completely different from the original fighting method on zone.

at the beginning, there was no way to gain an unfair advantage over another player, skill would always prevail, but balance went down the drain and became an unimportant afterthought.

it also felt like a little village, everyone knew eachother, there was a sort of hierarchy of skill in zone within itself where anyone and everyone could be challenged for their place.

This new game they call zone might have some of these aspect, thats yet to be seen, but me, and i suspect most of the players who used to play and enjoy zone in its peak probably wont see this as zones big revival, because it dosent look anything like zone.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM
scriptless scriptless is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N-Pulse
Posts: 1,412
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
yet to find another game with the same fighting style as zone, using mouse to aim and shoot is completely different from the original fighting method on zone.
Agreed, shooting is changed.. Minor update IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
at the beginning, there was no way to gain an unfair advantage over another player, skill would always prevail, but balance went down the drain and became an unimportant afterthought.
So your saying PC Zone killed PC Zone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
it also felt like a little village, everyone knew eachother, there was a sort of hierarchy of skill in zone within itself where anyone and everyone could be challenged for their place.
That's essentiall what a Guild would accomplish a small group of people whom know each other.. except now you will have more players so never a dull moment.. o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
This new game they call zone might have some of these aspect, thats yet to be seen, but me, and i suspect most of the players who used to play and enjoy zone in its peak probably wont see this as zones big revival, because it dosent look anything like zone.
iZone still has a small community averaging about 50-90 players during non-peak hours and about 120-150 ish around peak.. Showing a downward trend in playercount over the last week or so. And the only thing that does not look like zone.. is the drop ship, and the use of classic bodies over human2 bodies... not sure about the maps themselves maybe they changed. I really only played zone for pc the first few weeks it was released. but the tileset is still zone tileset for the maps.. yeah the GUI may look different on iZone but it has been yet to be stated if they have a divide in scripts used for pc and those for iphone for all we know when iZone hits pc it could look more like pc zone then the current iZone.. we just don't know yet no information has been released..

The benefits to iZone becomming a p server is that currently the 2 gold servers zone and gk have dropped from 60-80+ players each to about 20 players total.. so ofcourse now that there is no extra revune created by gold subscribers the obvious answer is to tax everyone for gold.. but with iZone being a pc server.. its already gold and gives you high incentive to actually purchase gold to play a server with alot of players on it (potentially).. this may act in our favors and may ease the need to restrict players from the player world tabs from harsh restrictions.. i can't say for sure but it makes alot more sense then some of the other theories others have come up with about eurocenter hating graal... lets just sit back and see what happens before we bash it so hard?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
dude2020 dude2020 is offline
Führer Glazey
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,417
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
So your saying PC Zone killed PC Zone?
Bad management killed PC Zone.

Quote:
That's essentiall what a Guild would accomplish a small group of people whom know each other.. except now you will have more players so never a dull moment.. o.O
It was never a dull moment in that small community.

Quote:
The benefits to iZone becomming a p server is that currently the 2 gold servers zone and gk have dropped from 60-80+ players each to about 20 players total.. so ofcourse now that there is no extra revune created by gold subscribers the obvious answer is to tax everyone for gold.. but with iZone being a pc server.. its already gold and gives you high incentive to actually purchase gold to play a server with alot of players on it (potentially).. this may act in our favors and may ease the need to restrict players from the player world tabs from harsh restrictions.. i can't say for sure but it makes alot more sense then some of the other theories others have come up with about eurocenter hating graal... lets just sit back and see what happens before we bash it so hard?
Tighter restrictions on trials is what made those servers become what they are. If they would actually lift the restrictions (which Zone already did, it just needs someone to balance the ****) then go on iZone and go "Yo, if you like Zone. You should try out our PC Counter part!". iZone would ease the restrictions for other servers, but at a price for those who like Zone PC.
__________________

Last edited by dude2020; 12-28-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
scriptless scriptless is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N-Pulse
Posts: 1,412
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Tighter restrictions on trials is what made those servers become what they are. If they would actually lift the restrictions (which Zone already did, it just needs someone to balance the ****) then go on iZone and go "Yo, if you like Zone. You should try out our PC Counter part!". iZone would ease the restrictions for other servers, but at a price for those who like Zone PC.
iClassic isn't saving Classic PC tho.. o.O and Classic PC is the best built pc server in terms of actual quality.. not in terms of frequencies of updates..

and zone might have had crappy managment.. right now it pretty much has none.. it has no players.. players who log on can do what ever they want and yet no one plays..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
dude2020 dude2020 is offline
Führer Glazey
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,417
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
I already said someone has to go in and balance weapons and such, then promote it because right now people still think there's restrictions.

Information has been released and it's going to be iZone with re done controls pretty much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM
scriptless scriptless is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N-Pulse
Posts: 1,412
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
I already said someone has to go in and balance weapons and such, then promote it because right now people still think there's restrictions.

Information has been released and it's going to be iZone with re done controls pretty much.
Elaborate how they are "unballanced" then? Because I can't find any complaint threads even as far back as 2009 where people complained the weapons are unballanced..

Yeah, I know it's gonna be iZone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.