Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Help Save Delteria.

Delteria needs YOU
Delteria is very much in dire need of quality developers. It is no secret at this point that this project has been under development for years now. Quite honestly, we've suffered many setbacks during this period. However despite such shortcomings, in some fashion or other, we've managed to hold things together and complete a large amount of work in the process. We currently have only a few staff members, largely due to real life obligations. The hour is late at this point, and, we require the strength of the Graal community to see things through to a successful re-release. Delteria's levels and gfx are nearly complete as a whole, but we are dramatically lacking quality script help and could use a gani member or two.
What Delteria is looking for specifically
Scripting Dev Team Members: Join Delteria's NAT department if you believe you possess an above-average knowledge and comfort level with GS2. Depending upon your activity, trustworthiness, and skill level, you will be working on things ranging from Events to Core Systems and Sub-Systems.

Levels Dev Team Members : Join Delteria's LAT department if you believe you possess an above-average ability to work with custom tilesets and produce aesthetically-pleasing results. Depending upon your activity, trustworthiness, and skill level, you will be working on things ranging from Events to main overworld level components.

GFX Dev Team Members: Join Delteria's GFX department if you believe you possess an above-average ability to create quality, custom works of pixel art, and are able to match or closely match our default GFX style.

GANI Dev Team Members: Join Delteria's Gani department if you believe you possess an above-average ability to create quality ganis. Familiarity with gani scripts is also recommended though is not required.

Administration: For certain "trusted" members of the community (globals, certain classic world administrators, select-few others) I am interested in having an assistant to help manage projects provided the turnout for applicants creates necessary demand. This would greatly help ensure that work can be assigned, completed, and managed in a timely fashion and would greatly relieve some pressure as I have extensive real life obligations and cannot simply be on "all the time."

Notes: As most of our Level and GFX work is already completed, I can't stress enough that I am looking to hire NATs and Gani artists almost-exclusively.
What is Delteria
Delteria continues to be a world where quality sparring, PK'ing, and events is to be expected. As we move toward an initial re-release, the goal is to maximize community immersion by way of assuring diverse gameplay and customization options for the players. We hope to achieve this by offering a hybridized combat system, allowing for classic activity to take precedence on the majority of the overworld while questing becomes more of an exciting, action-rpg adventure that will make forming parties a necessary function. This sort of atmosphere fosters activity for all player-types and ultimately will provide a way to unify those types and leave many functional aspects of the server to be decided by the players themselves. For clarification: The world will use classic swords everywhere EXCEPT quests and specific events initially, though we may try enabling our quest weapons everywhere except for the Port Town. We also plan on having extensive, customizable guild support concerning events and guild property.
Previews
See striking new events that go beyond the traditional concepts found on most servers.

Zombie Outbreak

Contra

ET Lobby

Customizable chat bubbles and revolutionary Mounts.

Mind-boggling baddies your friends never warned you about, ripe for the killing.

Kal'jun's Buggalo Boss

Mining gmap.

Cloven rides a mine cart

Custom quest tilesets.

Pictured: Quest 2.

Pictured: Quest 1.

See Faerie Town, maybe discover their secrets.

Stop by Fishing Town, pick up some gear and get started. The fish you catch will be able to be sold at the Port Town market in the future.

Again, if you are a quality developer, please lend a hand and lets not have Delteria perish. I feel it would do a strong disservice to the community if we were all unable to play some of these fun things together.

Contacts:
AIM: Cloven DC
Email: [email protected]
Graal: My client can usually be found on Unholy Nation.
I am typically on most days in the early afternoon, and most nights between 10PM-3AM (EST).

Alternatively you may post a partial application in this thread. Include what department you are applying for, along with some history about yourself.

Please note that this thread will be heavily moderated; this is a serious issue and I am not "jerking around."

Last edited by Cloven; 02-22-2010 at 08:30 AM..
Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
It's been a while in the making, but worth every second of it. I really hope more people jump onboard to get it done a little faster.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I really like the Faerie Town screenshot, nice looking tileset.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Wish I had any time to spare, i barely logon client as it is...

It's a damn shame that noone is willing to help out one of the servers that helped define the game, not only that but looks visually orgasmic

Stop making your inevitable to fail UC servers and help out Delteria, people.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Damn that looks really nice, and I mean REALLY NICE. I love the tilesets, baddies, weapons, everything. A step above everything else I've seen on graal.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
god damnit all those tiles gone to waste, you really need a better outside LAT and its a shame i dont even open the level editor anymore. FML
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
The screenshots are rad.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Chat bubbles look stupid, some of the levels are weird, but almost all of the tiles are god awesome. Nice work and good luck finding people.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Wow, rep +.
I hope you will find the peoples you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
The graphics are really sweet!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:34 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I offered the other day to help with the levels, and you told me there is no point, since Delteria is dead.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I agree about chat bubbles. They're totally unnecessary on 2D games, and especially Graal. All they do is waste resources and clutter the screen.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Chat bubbles look stupid, some of the levels are weird, but almost all of the tiles are god awesome. Nice work and good luck finding people.
Regarding chat bubbles see my response to Dusty below.

Thank you for the compliment in any regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I agree about chat bubbles. They're totally unnecessary on 2D games, and especially Graal. All they do is waste resources and clutter the screen.
I was really interested in whether or not people feel this way, as I tend to agree. We did get the resource usage down to being almost nonexistent, however if this is simply players do not want I am happy to get rid of them altogether. Currently, you can just choose to toggle them on/off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I offered the other day to help with the levels, and you told me there is no point, since Delteria is dead.
What I said was that Delteria is currently 'dead' so hiring only LATs when we're in need of scripting help the most might not be prudent. If you're willing to accept that and still wish to work on levels for me I have enough work to keep you busy.

Again I would REALLY appreciate any scripting assistance that can be provided from people on Chris and Dusty's level. Any help at all is better than none.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:02 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
Looks amazing Cloven, I hope you find the help. This could easily be the best playerworld

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Hope you get the help you need, Cloven.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)