Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
freezing for me too
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Any chance default maps are going to be fixed? Automapping sucks.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Is it still freezing for anyone else? I was using the older version before this update because it ran perfectly well for me. Now I can't see to start it up at all so I downloaded the new one and can't get past the login screen without freezing.
this
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Not 100 % sure if this is a bug or I'm just doing something wrong, but with GuiTextEditCtrl's when I use a custom profile and use
'textoffset = { x, y};' only the y value of the text is being adjusted and the x does not move.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Not 100 % sure if this is a bug or I'm just doing something wrong, but with GuiTextEditCtrl's when I use a custom profile and use
'textoffset = { x, y};' only the y value of the text is being adjusted and the x does not move.
Please provide more script.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Just discovered something.

Now, I don't know much about particle emitters and stuff, but I found a problem with the snowfall on UN.

Basically, the script has the particle image changing every .5 seconds, so it changed the image for each new snowflake.
On v5, changing the image of the particle would only change it for new particles...

On v6, it is changing the image for every particle, ones already created, and new ones.

Not sure if this is a glitch, or if it was a glitch in v5.
The script changing the image of said particle is:
PHP Code:
findimg(200).emitter.particle.image temp.newimg
It's an optimization, if you have only one particle template and only simple modifiers then it will try to draw all particles at once instead of drawing it one by one. You could eventually use several particle templates (emitter.particletypes = 2, emitter.particles[1].image = ...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Perhaps not so much of a bug but I knew that within V5 while on a GMAP showimg type displays would not display while the parent NPC was not visible on your screen, this now seems to be the case with non-GMAP levels too in V6
It has been changed to only display stuff from NPCs which are visible. This was mainly for Era iPhone because some levels have hundreds of NPCs and the player only sees a small part of the level. The best is to use a clientside setshape() to make the NPC visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
In another weapon script I had:
PHP Code:
if(dash != NULL){

temp.dash dash.attemptDash();
  if(
temp.dash){
    return;
  }

Using the same variable name with temp. and without and leading should be avoided. It is optimizing the use of temp. variables depending on how often you are using it inside the function. Once declaring a temp. variable all use of the variable name without the temp. will also direct to the temp. variable so you should not rely on that using the variable without a leading. before declaring the temp. variable will access the global variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
player.dontBlock(), player.blockAgain(), and player.setShape() don't seem to work at all in v6.
Those functions don't exist
Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Those functions don't exist
Duh. That's the point! Feature request
Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
It has been changed to only display stuff from NPCs which are visible. This was mainly for Era iPhone because some levels have hundreds of NPCs and the player only sees a small part of the level. The best is to use a clientside setshape() to make the NPC visible.
This is pretty annoying for things like a spar arena displaying information both on your screen and on a level coordinate, or an NPC that displays obtained keys on your screen for within Quests, I can imagine quite alot of things that were on Classic pre-wipe being affected by this too and presumably will cause alot of issues on other servers, not impossible to re-script it so that it communicates with a weapon to handle these types of displays but for alot of scripters this will be making something that should be simple very complicated, there really should be a way to bypass this.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Please provide more script.
In a Control Profile I use this

PHP Code:
  new GuiControlProfile"GuiLegendsTextEditProfile")
  {

bitmap "guilegends_textedit.png"

border 5;

cankeyfocus true

transparency 1

opaque 1;

fontcolor = { 000255}; 

fonttype "Alanden"

fillcolor fillcolorhl fillcolorna = { 1811840255}; 

textoffset = { 101};

} 
and as fot the actual text box. (It's in a for loop so don't mind the temp.a)

PHP Code:
      new GuiTextEditCtrl"Start_Create_Name_TextBox" temp.a)
      {

position    = { 34025 32 temp.a};

extent      = { 12824};        

profile     "GuiLegendsTextEditProfile";

text        temp.== 0"Unknown"temp.== 1"head0.png""body.png";

tabcomplete true

} 
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version (v5.314) for Windows has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip. It should fix the slow down problem which happens each second.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Yeah it seems fixxed.

Nice.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
A new version (v5.314) for Windows has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip. It should fix the slow down problem which happens each second.
Followed by the Linux 32 and 64bit builds!!!!

...right?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Followed by the Linux 32 and 64bit builds!!!!

...right?
Oh gosh I hope so.
We need a linux update already.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
I'm still experiencing this issue on Windows XP with this version. This is my console log:
Quote:
This is a beta release of Graal. If it's not working on your computer then please download a new version from http://www.graalonline.com or check out the forums at http://forums.graalonline.com.
Scanned install files.
Scanning folder structure of I:/Program Files/NewGraal/...
Done.
Maxium texture size: 4096
Graal has been activated!
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
Initialized OpenGL.
I'm using a NVidia Geforce 6200 video card on this computer, 2.5GB of RAM, Pentium 4 processor.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Sometimes my nick gets "stuck" and doesn't disappear. In fact, it's drawn separately, so when I use shownick I see my nick twice. Actually, this is happening a lot.

Tags
graal v6, windows