Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Own Password of your choice

Well, We all have a Graal Online choosed password. and I don't like those passwords, I want an own password to enter, why would it be dangerous if you use your own, we have Account Protection on (: so why would we need a Graal Online choosed password
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Account Protection isn't fullproof.

If they get your password they can get into your email if same password is used and afterwords can use your email when they log in to allow their computer through thus your account would be officially hijacked.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Randomly generated passwords is Graal's idea of security... even though nearly every other single website and game out there doesn't use that kind of security...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
If people were able to choose and therefore be able to memorise their passwords less people would be losing access to their accounts and having no choice but to buy a new one, oh wait.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
But if someone lost his email + his password of Graal and he didn't save the password, hmm what would be happened, you will lose ur account.

Own passwords you know what you typed in and most of the peoples (95%) remember their password, when i do Dont save password by accident, I have to go to my email and that will take ages, and hope ill find my password in the assoirtement of my email X_X
Old 10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
But if someone lost his email + his password of Graal and he didn't save the password, hmm what would be happened, you will lose ur account.

Own passwords you know what you typed in and most of the peoples (95%) remember their password, when i do Dont save password by accident, I have to go to my email and that will take ages, and hope ill find my password in the assoirtement of my email X_X

Ever heard of "search boxes"?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Because having our own passwords would make sense
Old 10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Old Account
Zeke_iPhoneGP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Randomly generated passwords is Graal's idea of security... even though nearly every other single website and game out there doesn't use that kind of security...
Aye, and once you have entered it enough times, it gets stuck in your head. I never thought I'd memorize it, but I did
Wafflez: thats why we pull out the pizza rolls when xor is back
Old 10-20-2010, 02:07 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke_iPhoneGP View Post
Aye, and once you have entered it enough times, it gets stuck in your head. I never thought I'd memorize it, but I did
Or you could just memorize you own password, the one you potentially use for everything anyway
Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
In Russia, password chooses you.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
In my experience with people that twisted Bell's or Ibonic's arm until they permitted them use of a custom password in the past (Something I refuse to allow, so don't ask), their account was compromised within weeks. Not pointing out anyone in particular, but I'm certain there are 3 people who are active forum users and will read this thread who I know this has happened to.

That is not to say that I'm against custom passwords, I am all for it if it is made a changeable service on the website, but I certainly do have concern with how much easier it is to guess someone's password based on "What would they typically think of?" and take advantage of that. In my opinion, the current passwords aren't even strong enough. They should include symbols mixed in with the mixed uppercase, lowercase & numerical sequence.

That then draws me to hope that if this ability to change your password were to be implemented, that it would be required to have a "Strong" password.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I don't understand why you're so unwilling to allow a custom password personally. If they change their password that's their decision, why wouldn't you let them?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I don't understand why you're so unwilling to allow a custom password personally. If they change their password that's their decision, why wouldn't you let them?
If it's not a service provided by Graal (to choose custom passwords), then it's not a procedure that should be undertaken. And as I mentioned, I have my own concerns surrounding people being permitted their own password unless it is a function they can handle themselves through the website.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
If it's not a service provided by Graal (to choose custom passwords), then it's not a procedure that should be undertaken. And as I mentioned, I have my own concerns surrounding people being permitted their own password unless it is a function they can handle themselves through the website.
In short because the site doesn't provide the service themselves you hide behind that one factor. Gotcha'. But don't they provide it as long as you provide a transaction ID or did they remove that?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
In short because the site doesn't provide the service themselves you hide behind that one factor.
Perhaps you should read again. That's not all I said.

Quote:
Gotcha'. But don't they provide it as long as you provide a transaction ID
No

Quote:
did they remove that?
Pretty safe to assume so, at least within the last couple of years. Sounds like an Ibonic thing.