Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Dippin Donuts

I'm posting this for a friend Jade - MWMWM. She posted on Era unofficial forums, but some lolers deleted the thread and banned her for 24 years and she doesn't have access to these forums. So I thought we'd try here where children aren't given permissions.

"I don't normally complain, or have anything to say about anything really. But when it comes to Dippin' Donuts, I don't think you can shut me up. So, to be really annoying and so I know people see this, I am posting it everywhere. Yeah, you can hate me, I don't care.

Anyway. Our ingenious staff has decided that it is smart to change Dippin' Donuts, and Dairy Hut, I can assume, to work like Speedy Pizza and MoonWok when it comes to stocking systems. For those who don't know the difference, at DD and DH, you can keep stocking items and when things need to be stocked, you can go and do it. It still requires work, it is just done ahead of time. I can spend hours making a couple thousand sprinkled donuts (which are needed to make the real ones). I have, over time, stocked up. I mean, I have owned DD for over 2 years, it makes sense that I would have quite a few. It makes it nice for when I know I don't have a lot of time to sit on here, because, god forbid I have a life and a full time, extremely stressful job. Geez jade, how dare you. I have thought ahead and know that time is not something I have a lot of. Now, MW and SP work in a way that you can only stock when things are needed. You can't stock up. So, if someone buys thousands of items, you have to stand there and do it then. Doesn't seem very smart.
I mean, I am always told that they want to make things "realistic" when it comes to businesses (even though in this game you can get shot, die, and come back to life... realistic). But, do people not go out and buy food and put in the freezer for later? I doubt anyone always eats things freshly made. And, to compare it to real food businesses. Not businesses like McDonald's or some bad place like that, but like a Panera Bread or a Tropical Smoothie or something nicer that is still "fast food" but isn't at the same time. (Sorry if you don't know what those are) Or even to an Applebee's or Chili's. They prepare as much as they can before actually making what it is you have ordered. So, in the name of being "realistic" why not allow the businesses to have stuff made up and ready? You can agree, or you can disagree with me. But I know with anything it is always best to be prepared then to do it "on the fly."

Another problem is that staff doesn't discuss anything with business owners. They just do what they want. Some things they have done to businesses are good, some others are not. When the spoil system was deleted I was like "YAYYYY!!" (Which, while writing this, I have noticed are back...lol) When they changed the healing powers of the donuts, I was more apprehensive. But this, changing how to stock, is not good at all. I have owned DD through like 5-6 GBA's. They all had their different views and ideas. Only one ever cared what the owners wanted or needed and actually asked. But I realize or FEARLESS leaders are going to do what they want to do and they don't care what anyone has to say. So, when they get bored, instead of changing or working on something that actually needs to be done, they do something else. If you think I am personally attacking them, you are correct. They have made me very angry with their lack of communication. I guess it shouldn't shock me that they act like this. A couple of boys excited to be in charge of something for once in their lives and getting to do things their way. YAY POWER!

Like I said, you can agree or disagree with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, this is mine."
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Here are the changes for DD & DH.

1- You can only hold x150 of the stocking item.
2- You can only stock 20 of an item at once.
3- You can only drop stocking items in stacks of 20, only in the stocking rooms.

Both businesses DH and DD are idle. Nothing happens there, and DD only has 2 people on the team (requires 10 following the business contract), DD has been idle for 2 years, not hiring players, logging in once in a while, stacking stocking donuts, for years worth of stocking... NOT how a business (that is meant to be a feature for players) should work.

Those changes are MINOR and I don't see why its such a bother.

Edit:
Before anyone wants to post a legit comment, read the rules in the info gui
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
Dun Dun Dun. Plop.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
(I go by Fidel Castro on Era before everyone asks who I am)

Jade, I respect your opinion. You have a right to an opinion and albeit you make sense in some way I don't agree that it is justified.

First of all, you are by far the most least active of the business owners. And when I say "by far," that's being generous. You rarely logon, and when you do, I am assuming it is to stock (so I am agreeing with you that you do spend a lot of time stocking, if you ever do logon). You shouldn't own the business in the first place because of activity. It should be given to an active player that can watch it thrive and allow other players to enjoy it.

This brings me to my next point. You have 2-3 employees in DD. Because you are able to stock so much at once and not logon in weeks, there isn't a need to hire anyone. But that isn't the point of the businesses on Era. The point of them is to allow players to get jobs in these businesses to make money and feel like they are apart of something rather than having to spend hours in the mines. When you seclude your business from the rest of Era it decreases gameplay for the newer players that want to get involved. I have also heard that players asking for jobs are completely ignored. This should not happen.

With this new system you are either forced to hire more workers to help run the business, which I think you should have been already (for the reasons stated above) or increase your activity ten fold, which would also be a good thing considering you are a business owner and that is one of the responsibilities that comes with. Many players would love to own DD/be in the position that you are in.

Also, how can you say you are not given a chance to talk to the GBA about changes when you're never on? Is he supposed to write you a letter and wait for the mail man to drop by with an answer? It's not fair to him or Era. The changes are extremely minor and shouldn't effect an active business owner / active businesses on Era, rather increase activity in the slower ones and get more players involved, which let me reiterate, is the point of the businesses on Era.

Like I said, I respect your opinion, and there is mine. None of it was meant to be attacking (though I could see how you could construe it attacking, and if so, I'm sorry).
Old 01-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
The spoil system was also re-added where a certain percent of stocked items are just deleted removed from the system, which employees have to be paid for. Essentially just paying people for deleted product. Even if it's a small amount it still adds up. As for not hiring people, sorry if only 50 people play Era and even less buy donuts, it doesn't require 10+ employees to stock them.

Also just a reply to her activity, she's on for hours every day, I talk to her often, she's on before she goes to work then hours after she gets off work. So she's pretty active.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Players should be involved with businesses, Fidel has worded it correctly.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Why don't you just get a donut shop simulator for iPhone/Android and be happy again?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
I have owned DD for over 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
DD has been idle for 2 years
Need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
Also, how can you say you are not given a chance to talk to the GBA about changes
Me and Fewyn talked to her a couple weeks ago about not having enough employees in her business (the contract requires 10 active employees). She hasn't added a single one since then.

To be honest, we were going to just make the businesses NPC ran... I decided to go another route and have it require a certain amount of activity to stay stocked (so 1 person can't premake say... 140k donuts?)

On another note: Dairy Hut is up for auction (here's your announcement TK).
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
22 ish hours left.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Why would it be fair for you to be able to pre-stock as much as you want while other businesses (mainly MW, the others are NPC ran for the time being) have to do it the old fashioned way? And you're complaining about only being able to stock 20 at a time...lol
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
asdfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
Why would it be fair for you to be able to pre-stock as much as you want while other businesses (mainly MW, the others are NPC ran for the time being) have to do it the old fashioned way? And you're complaining about only being able to stock 20 at a time...lol
Good point.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Well, I think the maximum limit that can be stocked should be adjusted to the amount that a player would buy in a typical order.
I know for me, I buy 100-200 donuts at a time, that is CERTAINLY not realistic.
Therefore, letting them stock 140 at time barely affords them the ability to serve ONE customer, which is hardly fair.

I think forcing these businesses to be more realistic takes more than placing a extensive pressure on their owners and employees. If businesses should truly be more realistic, this should be properly planned and scripted, factoring for a balance between supply and demand.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I think this is a great idea. Owners should have to actually do stuff and not just reap the benefits. Wil is right about the limit restrictions, but now there is a reason to bring back pay phones! omg imagine the fun. I could call up DD and order some food and have them deliver it to my doorstep for the party at Zach's house. Everybody wins.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I think this is a great idea. Owners should have to actually do stuff and not just reap the benefits. Wil is right about the limit restrictions, but now there is a reason to bring back pay phones! omg imagine the fun. I could call up DD and order some food and have them deliver it to my doorstep for the party at Zach's house. Everybody wins.
Implying Zach is popular, has friends at all, and eats anything but pizza.
Oh Zeus

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Implying Zach is popular, has friends at all, and eats anything but pizza.
Oh Zeus
Well I was gonna say Alf's house, but then I remembered a certain housing admin removed his house!